• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Invitation for skanda shashti 6 days' events at Mylapore 06.11.2010 to 11.11.2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namassadhasae.

It is time again I invite for the skanda shasti celebrations, combined with 40th Anniversary of the Thiruppugazh sabhai, in which I am associated, for quite some years now.

I recollect the happy moment of participation by Shri RVR & Durgadasqan, in a day's event of the last year celebration. Shri Kunjuppu also shared his memory about kanda shasti kavacham in his life. ambes and some other persons also responded

Lectures by eminent scholars, one Dance Drama and Thiruppugazh Innisai by various personalities take place, all through the six days, from 06.11.2010 Saturday to 11.11.2010 Thursday. .

Daily programmes begin with abishekam and sahasrama archanai to Lord Muruga (This sabhai has got its own full-fledged vigraham). Kindly see the detailed programme available in the attachment below .

On Shasti Day 11.11.2010 Thursday, abishekam will take place at 8 am, with vedha parAyanam.

All, especially Chennaites, are requested to participate in programme/s of their choice and convenience.

Thanks & Regards to all.

அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!

G Soundara Rajan
mail id: [email protected]
mobile: 9840698297

Attachments

• GOD.jpg
    GOD.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 270
Sri GS,

I shall try to make it this year also.

Murugan worship is very popular among all theTamil communities throughout the world.

Thaipoosam is celebrated with lot of fan fare at Malaysia, Singapore, Colombo, Mauritius, South Africa and other places where Tamilians live in large numbers.

During last year function, I personally saw people belonging to all castes reciting Thiruppugazh with full devotion and sincerity. Off course our Sri G Soundarajan bi-hearted Thiruppugazh and recites without even referring to the books.

I earnestly feel that Bakthi Tamil Literature is the best tool to unite all Tamilians under one roof. All the Azhwars, Nayanmars, Arunagirinathar, Abhirami Battar and others have integrated all the communities through their wonderful compositions.

We have to propagate Bakthi Tamil Literature in a big way to achieve and maintain the unity of all communities.

All the best

Wow The function was so nice as usual. I went there for the first day. Children from a group danced infront of the Murugan idol. Initially they danced for "Ulagelam unarndu odharkariyavan", Later they danced for "Kandankukku alangaram seiguvom" (In this song, they included all the songs of arunagirinathar say vel vaguppu, seval virutham, mayil virutham, thirupugazh, etc. as 9 gems and with them they adorned the lord). The dance was so nice. One main thing which I must mention here is, the whole jadhi and songs were sung by a very small boy only (Usually for dance, only masters will sing or some experts will sing inorder to maintain the rhythms, svarams, etc. But this small boy did his job very well.

Thanks a lot soundarrajan uncle.

Chi. Durga

Glad to see your recording. Thank you for your presence in the first day's event. I was there all through the Saturday's programmes. I wonder how I missed you. Thanks lot for honouring my request.

GS

Namassadhasae.

Thanks for Sarvashri RV & Durga for responding to my invitation. Special thanks to Durga for his coming to our first day event. Some photos of the shasti celebrations this year by Singaravelar Thiruppugazh sabhai are attached herewith, for view by all.

(Five attachments only. Few will be added in my next posting.)

அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை
அவை தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!

Attachments

• Archanai.jpg
    Archanai.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Nrithyasree.JPG
    Nrithyasree.JPG
    517.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Anbargal.jpg
    Anbargal.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 136
  • T.V. Sundaravalli.jpg
    T.V. Sundaravalli.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Dr. K. Subramanian.jpg
    Dr. K. Subramanian.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 146
Contd. few more photos

Over. Thanks all viewers.

அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை
அவை தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!

Attachments

• sabhai's murugan.JPG
    sabhai's murugan.JPG
    373.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Anbargal.jpg
    Anbargal.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 161
  • part of audience shashti day.jpg
    part of audience shashti day.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Audience listens TV Sundaravalli.jpg
    Audience listens TV Sundaravalli.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Dr.K. Subramanian & troupe -.jpg
    Dr.K. Subramanian & troupe -.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 132
Dear Soundarrajan uncle

The photos are simply superb. They simply said how the function went well. Thanks a lot for sharing them here uncle.

Pranams

I missed the function. The pictures compensate to some extent. I have listened to Shri. Valayapettai Krishnan's talks and his wife, Smt. T.V. Sundaravalli's Thiruppugazh music, in the past. They are keen devotees of Lord Muruga!Very excellent! May your good efforts continue. Om Saravana Bhava! Muruga Saranam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back