• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Interesting thing in Tamil brahmins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think iyengar's are most into their shell(esp when in their work), secretive, more hippocratic, selfish,showy, extremely conscious of image,extremely practical like enthiren the robot(sometimes overlooking human emotions), hungry for more, take hundreds of things at a time, believe that for moksha u need to get perfect score in 12th(ha ha), 5 out of 10 james bond type, some eat non veg, not that fussy abt inter marriage, more materialistic(thats why more of them at mncs)

whereas iyers are not that selfish, laid back,less showy infact traditional, believe in a simple life, content with what they have, take one thing at a time,more loyal, 9 out of 10 james bond type. strict veg,strict caste marriage, less materialistic etc.

(Saivam and Vaishnavam - existed as 2 distinct religions before a common word “Hindu” borrowed from Persian language was attributed to them collectively.)

plus saivites were traditional while vishnuvaites contemporary broke away in 13th century under ramanuja.

Last edited:
Sri.Ramanujan Sir said -

(Saivam and Vaishnavam - existed as 2 distinct religions before a common word “Hindu” borrowed from Persian language was attributed to them collectively.)

Sub-continentals did not 'borrow' the word from from Persia as if we did not have enough words in our vocabulary. Persians called all the people living around and beyond 'Sindh' rivers as 'Hindus'. Since they do not have the syllable 'S' in their language, 'Sindh' became 'Hind' and the people became 'Hindus' in their language which included also Jains, Budhhists, Jews and Zoroastrians along with Sanadhanis living around Sindh river and beyond.

i think iyengar's are most into their shell(esp when in their work), secretive, more hippocratic, selfish,showy, extremely conscious of image,extremely practical like enthiren the robot(sometimes overlooking human emotions), hungry for more, take hundreds of things at a time, believe that for moksha u need to get perfect score in 12th(ha ha), 5 out of 10 james bond type, some eat non veg, not that fussy abt inter marriage, more materialistic(thats why more of them at mncs)

whereas iyers are not that selfish, laid back,less showy infact traditional, believe in a simple life, content with what they have, take one thing at a time,more loyal, 9 out of 10 james bond type. strict veg,strict caste marriage, less materialistic etc.

I hope you came to the above conclusion after many years of exposure and experience. I am sure you may be able to back up your claim.

Cheers!

YEs raghy ji u r bang on regarding origin of hindu word.
but sir i often wonder what would we call urselves if not hindu from sindhu or india from sindh.
like muslim call india hindustan, north indians some call it bharat, south,sikh and in cities they call it india. what will be a similar word if not hindu.
im sure that at those times when they were in sindh if al baruni would come to aryans and say asalam valekkum hindus. they would take objection to it. won't they?
like north indians would call us madrasis from madras then some may not like it.

sir im only an young boy. so don't have any evidence. its just my observation of society. i have taken atmost care in drafting it and thought abt it.(there are always wonderful exception. i forgot to write above when i gave diff b/w the two that conditions apply*ha ha)

I saw the different opinions about eating in a mutt.I am chennaite settled in bangalore for thr last 27 years and prefer to eat clean vegetarian food always . I am used to visiting temples with family (even while my children were a few months old). My husband a very sociable person and me a shy reserved one used to find the mutts the best place to stay and eat.(economical and food being offered to god (neivedyam)spiritually charged.)I have eaten in udupi mutt during diwali ,The swamiji himself told us that we could eat eat in the mutt seeing our two children and in raghotaswami mutt in thirukoilur which we visited by chance during the aradhana celebration of swamiji and my god the varieties of seets that were offered, my children enjoyed more than us. we have also visited tapovanam several times and eaten there also. as i am geeting older i have now realised how lucky i have been to have had the opputunity of staying and partaking the prasadam. these are are just a few to name.One has to feel the divinity and and you will be invited to the lunch hall.
Hare ram
I fully agree with your views on eating in Mutts. I have taken food with Paryaya Swamiji in Udupi Sri Krishna Mutt, it was sumptuous feast (though Swamiji took very little food). In South Canara all Temples and Mutts offer food to all the visitors. Sri Raghavendraswami Mutt in Manthralayam also offer good food to the pilgrims. Especially on Dwadasi days special food is distributed.
Regards,
Brahmanyan,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back