• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Integration with the rest of the Tamil Tribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, We are not superior to Non-brahmins,Muslims,Christians.
And there is no scientific evidence and relationship between being vegetarian and intelligence.

As Kunjuppu said
it was a great shock to me, coming to canada years ago, to see that chinese and jews could beat us at almost everything.
the chinese eat everything that moves. the jews eat beef, which is supposed to dull your brains.

thank you again

Glad guy, good points.. But, what one should do to integrate with the rest of the Tamil tribes!!

Few important points shared here is, Start Schools educate the mass, and thereby earn the good will of the t.tribes.. secondly get migled with them by appropriating brides from the mainland.. Thirdly, Tamlized carnatic music..

Some fresh thoughts?

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum. This is an interesting discussion. To give details on my background, I've been born and brought up in chennai. I had a typical Tam-Bram upbringing. Hindi classes, carnatic music,engineering ,software. But my marriage was not traditional though. It was a love-cum-arranged marriage. My wife is tamil and from a non-brahmin household. It was not all that easy to enter into such an alliance. My parents were very broad-minded and did not object much. But outside my immediate family,in my relatives circle, people are not very comfortable to mingle with my wife. She is well educated and has good social skills, but there is always this feeling of 'other' that keeps her at a distance from my brahmin relatives. There are no problems in work life or making acquantainces and having a good social life. But,attending a function amidst relatives is a painful process.

The other issue that I face is confusion with regards to following our customs and bringing up my children. We agreed among ourselves to follow the customs from my caste and impart it to our children also. A lot of our customs are new to her and she has to be taught. And everything can also not be taught, because many things just come with growing up in a brahmin environment.One of the things is 'brahmana bashai'. Secondly, children will also be not fully 'iyerised' as how I am, because of my constant exposure to a brahmin household in all my relatives circle. I'm not too comfortable with allowing my children growing up with my in-laws, I want them to only have a brahmin self and all their identification to be with this caste. How much of it, will I be able to acheive this in the long run is a question mark. All this, makes u a little handicapped amongst your relatives and they always seem to enjoy this 'upper hand'.
I'm writing all this just to give a glimpse of how a out-of-caste marriage feels like. It is not easy, but is definitely not an unmanageable thing that I originally feared to be. Our society has matured to an extent, that it does not ostracize or isolate any more.One can have a good professional life and a friends circle. Other than these inconveniences, we are happy as a family(touchwood) and I do not regret my decision of marrying outside caste,as I have got a very loving wife and a good family life in exchange.

If anyone in this forum have had out-of-caste marriage experiences, I would be interested to know them. Primarily, of those who have taken brides from other communities.

Regsar

Integration with the rest of the Tamil tribes can be achived by

1.Participating in Tamil Issues (Sri lanka Tamil,Karnataka water problem etc)
2.Doing social welfare like helping poors
3.Join hands with other Tamil Tribes like Hindu,Muslim & Christians
4.Attending their functions & inviting them to our functions.
(To my surprise, Muslims/Chrisitians have vegetarian meals in their marriage.
Its a kind of respect to other community from their side.It doesn't mean we need to serve NV)
5.Being friendly with neighbours (Non-Brahmins)
6.Starting schools and colleges.
7.Distributing pamplets among everyone preaching communal harmony and co-existance.
8.There are millions of poor people, we should extend our hands to help them.
In my opinion all human beings are equal.So we should not show any difference in treating anyone.

rajesh,

i have cousins, neices and nephews married out of caste.

in chennai, my cousin is married to a chettiar, for over 20 years. our family liked this guy and the girl cousin is a dominant figure. so, this poor guy is more an iyer now than chettiar. the children even though would get OBC benefit as chettiars, identify themselves as iyers.

my other cousin married a gujju girl 30 years ago. her parents opposed it, his were ok. when the first baby came, the girl's mother went against her husband's wishes and helped out. the husband on seeing the new baby had a change of heart. just like hindi movies.

many many cousins have married out of caste, but all outside of india. we are not traditional and fairly easy going. that helps. but also our own attitudes.

i guess it all depends first on the spouse. then the spouse's parents. if both these give strong signals that the 'out of caste' spouse is one of us, no one will dare raise any issues. if they do, then they don't deserve our relationships.

who knows, the relations may even be jealous of the charms and accomplishments of your wife. nowadays, brahmin boys have a tough time to find smart, good looking, accomplished wives. just see the matrimonial ads.

it does not take much to understand the traditon. that is not an excuse to be tolerated from anyone. traditions can be handed over from one generation to another, only by teaching and practice.

rajesh, also please put yourself in your wife's position. it must be tough for her to mingle with small minded relatives. keep her feelings first and foremost. maybe it is a good idea to pulse check with her re which relatives give her a hard time and avoid those people.

time resolves many issues. the arrival of children resolves even more issues. after all, in these modern eras, who has the time and energy to involve in petty quarrels. those that do have too much time on their hands.

best wishes ...

சாயங்காலம். பக்கத்தாத்து பலராமையர் எங்காத்துத் திண்ணையிலே அரட்டைக் கச்சேரிக்காக வந்தார்.

வாங்கோ பலராமண்ணா, எங்கே ரொம்ப நாள் மெட்ராஸிலே தங்கிட்டேள்? அந்த ஊரு புடிச்சுப் போச்சோ?

சேச் சே, அந்த சாக்கடை நாத்தமும் பெட்ரோல் புகையும் நமக்கு ஒத்து வராது. மாப்பிள்ளை வெளிநாட்டுக்குப் போனார்னு பொண்ணுக்குத் துணைக்குத் தானே போனேன். என்னாச்சுன்னா, மாப்பிள்ளைக்கு அந்த வேலை முடிய தாமஸம் ஆயிடுத்து. அதனாலே அவர் வர வரைக்கும் அங்கே இருக்கும்படியா ஆச்சு.

சரி, மெட்ராஸிலே என்ன விசேஷம்?

அடாடா, மெட்ராஸ் மெட்ராஸ் தான். ஒரே ஆன்மீக மழை தான் போங்கோ. மூணு மாசம் அதிலே நனைஞ்சு நனைஞ்சு எனக்கு பலமா சளி புடுச்சிடுத்து போங்கோ.

அப்படியா?

ஆமாம். என் பொண்ணாத்துக்குப் பக்கத்திலே ஒரு பெரிய மண்டபம். அதிலே வருஷம் 360 நாளும் கச்சேரி, கதா காலட்சேபம், பஜனை, ஹோமம்னு அமக்களப்படறது.

நன்னா பொழுது போயிருக்கும். இன்னும் கொஞ்ச நாள் இருக்கணும்னு தோணித்தா?

அது தான் இல்லே. எப்படா ஊருக்கு வந்து ஒங்காத்து திண்ணைலே காத்தாட ஒக்காருவோம்னு இருந்தது.

அப்படியா?

அங்கே நான் ஒரு சர்வே பண்ணினேன். அந்த மண்டபத்திலே வரவா எல்லாரும் நம்மடவா தான். அதான் தச்சி மம்முன்னு மூஞ்சிலே எழுதி ஒட்டி இருக்கே. ஸம்ஸ்கிருத ஸ்லோகம் சொல்லி உபன்யாஸம் பண்ணினா கூட்டம் அதிகம். அதுவே தேவாரம் திருவாசகம்னு பேசினா அங்கே என்னைச் சேத்து 50 பேர் தான் இருப்பா. மெட்ராஸ் ஜனங்களுக்கு ஸம்ஸ்கிருத ஞானம் அதிகம் போலன்னு நெனச்சேன். அப்படியும் இல்லே. நான் பல பேர் கிட்ட விசாரிச்சதிலே கழகக் காலத்திலே படிச்சவாளுக்கெல்லாம் ஸம்ஸ்கிருத ஞானம் பூஜ்யம். சும்மா லாம் ரம் ணும் ணம் ஜம் னு ரைமா வந்தா அந்த சத்தத்தைக் கேட்டு சந்தோஷப்படறவா.

இது என்னண்ணா பீஜ மந்திரம்?

பீஜமும் இல்லே மந்திரமும் இல்லே. சுக்லாம்பரதரம் சொல்றோமோ இல்லியோ, அதிலே வர கடைசி எழுத்தை சேத்து சொன்னேன். இன்னும் கேளுங்கோ. கதை சொல்றவா யக்ஞோபவீதம் போட்டுண்டு இருந்தா நிறைய ஜனங்கள் வரா. அபூர்வமா இதராள் யாராவது வந்தா கூட்டம் கொறயறது, அவா எவ்வளவு நன்னா சொன்னாலும்.

பக்கத்திலே ஒரு கோயில். அதிலே எப்பவும் தேவாரம் திருவாசகம் சைவ சித்தாந்தம் தான். அதிலே பாத்தா நம்மடவா கொறச்சலாவும் இதராள் ஜாஸ்தியாவும் இருக்கும்.

சாப்பாட்டிலே, பேசற வார்த்தைகள்லே, டிரஸ்லே, நாம மத்தவாள்ளேருந்து வித்தியாசப்படறோம். சரி, கலைகள்ளே கூட நமக்குன்னு தனி ரசனை இருக்கு. கர்னாடக சங்கீதம், தெலுங்கு, கன்னட, ஸம்ஸ்கிருதப் பாட்டுகளை நாம ரசிக்கறோம். அவா தமிழ்ப்பாட்டு சினிமாப் பாட்டுன்னு ரசிக்கறா. நம்ம ராதா கல்யாணம், பஜனைகளுக்கு அவா வரதில்லே.

அதெல்லாம் கெடக்கட்டும். சாமியைக் கூட நாம தனியாப் பிரிச்சு வெச்சிருக்கோம். மாரியம்மன் ஐயனாரெல்லாம் அவா சாமி. நாம எப்பவாவது தான் அங்கே போவோம். சிவன் விஷ்ணுவெல்லாம் நம்ம சாமி. அவா எப்பவாவது தான் இங்கே வருவா. நமக்குன்னு தனிப் பண்டிகைகள். பொதுவான பண்டிகைகளையும் கொண்டாடற முறையிலே வேறுபாடு. தமிழ்க் கலாசாரத்திலே நாம் ஒரு உள் கலாசாரமா இருக்காமே, தனிக் கலாசாரமா மாறிட்டோம். நமக்கு நம்ம கலாசாரம் ஒசத்தி தான். இருந்தாலும் நாம ரொம்பவே நம்மை தனிமைப் படுத்திண்டுட்டோம்ணு தோணறது.

சரி. இப்போ எல்லாத்தையும் விட்டுட்டு அவாளோட ஒண்ணாக் கலந்துடணும்கிறேளா?

அப்படிச் சொல்லலை. நீங்க ஒரு படி மேலேயே இருங்கோ. அவாளும் மேலே வர ஒத்தாசை பண்ணுங்கோ. என்னாலே வேகமா நடக்க முடியறதுன்னு சொல்லி நீங்க பாட்டுக்கு கிடுகிடுன்னு மேலே போயிட்டா, உங்களுக்கும் அவாளுக்கும் உள்ள இடவெளி ஜாஸ்தியாயிண்டே வரபோது கீழே உள்ளவா உங்களை கீழே எறக்கணும்னு நெனைக்கறா. முடியாட்டா வார்த்தையாலே காயப்படுத்தறா......

பலராமையர் சம்சாரம் அவாத்து வாசல்லே நின்னபடியே, அடை தட்டிண்டிருக்கேன். ஆறறதுக்குள்ளே வந்து சாப்பிடுங்கோ ன்னு கொரல் குடுத்தா.

நாளைக்கு பேசிப்போம்னு சொல்லிட்டு அவர் போய்ட்டார்.

We should not differentiate between Sanskrit and Tamil. Both are ancient languages. Both have treasures of literature. We have to respect both the languages equally. Sambandar, Sundarar, Arunagirinathar, Abhirami Battar are all from our community only. All the above integrated with God only through their Tamil poems.

எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

venkat,

we should not differentiate between tamil and sanskrit.

in practice, i think, majority of TBs do. i think sanskrit is elevated to a level above tamil. which is a shame.

simple stuff. i still don't understand why there should be so many telugu and sanskrit songs in a carnatic music concert, with one thukkada bit at the end in tamil, even though some of these get the biggest applause from the audience.

to pretend elitism is nothing short of arrogance, i am convinced.

... these fall always on deaf ears.

thank you

தமிழ்க்கும் ஸம்ஸ்க்ரிததுக்கும் எண்ட விதமான வித்யாசம் இல்லை.மனிதர்களால் சையபடும் வித்யாசம் தான்.

கோபால்

Sri Kunjuppu ji,

Late D.K.Pattammal popularised Bharathiar songs in her programs. Her grand daughter Nithyasri Mahadeven sings lot of songs from Tamil composers. Few months back I attended a Nithyasri program where she was singing only Tamil songs and there was very good receiption from audience.

Popular singers from our community have to give equal importance to our mother tongue.

எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

To:all today every TB willing to talk in english, so we must insist to use Tamil as spoken and it is better to learn sanskrit for reserch purpose.Now a days we are taking examples from the Travel writters of the westrern countries,We have to develop our own reserch works and about scripturesand related teachings. Once we started in Tamil the rest set automatically. s.r.k.

மறுநாளைக்கு பலராம அண்ணா தொடர்ந்தார்.

இந்த தனிமைப் படுத்திக்கறதை எதிர்த்து அப்பப்போ சில பேர் கொரல் குடுத்திருக்கா. அதிலே முதல் மனுஷன் நம்ம பாரதி. பாரதியைப் போல பிராமண சமூகத்துக்கு நல்லது நெனச்சவா கெடையாது.

பாரதியா? அவர் பூணூலை அறுத்து எறிஞ்சவராச்சே!

அப்படித் தான் சினிமாவிலே காட்டறா. ஆனா அவரோட எழுத்துக்களைப் படிச்சோம்னா அவர் அப்படிச் செய்திருப்பாராங்கறது சந்தேகமாத் தான் இருக்கு.

அவர் ஹரிஜனனுக்குப் பூணல் போட்டு வெச்சு வெகண்டை பண்ணினது கூட பொய்யா?

பூணல் போட்டது பொய்யில்லே. ஆனா அவர் வெகண்டையா செய்யலை அதை. அவருக்கு வேதத்தின் மேலே உண்மையான பக்தி இருந்தது. வேதங்களை அர்த்தம் புரிஞ்சு படிச்சவர் அவர். அவரோட பாடல் ஒவ்வொண்ணும் வேத ஸாரம்.

அப்படியா?

பாரதி செய்த வேதம்னு www.sangapalagai.com - Tamil Stories & eBooks Online லே ஒரு ஈ-புக் படிச்சேன். நாம அர்த்தம் தெரியாம பண்றோமே சந்தியா வந்தனம் தர்ப்பணம் எல்லாம், அதோட கருத்தை எல்லாம் அவர் பாட்டாக்கி இருக்கார்னு தெரிஞ்சுது. பல சூக்தங்களை அவர் தமிழ்லே மொழிபெயர்த்து இருக்கார்னும் தெரிஞ்சுது. அரவிந்த கோஷோட சேர்ந்து அவர் வேதத்துக்கு ஒரு புது விளக்கம் கொடுக்கறார். அவர் ஹரிஜனனுக்குப் பூணல் போட்டதும் வேத அடிப்படையிலே தான். அவர் ஒரு கட்டுரைலே, “பூணூல் என்பது யாகம் செய்வதற்கான அடையாளம். இந்த நாட்டிலுள்ள அத்தனை பேரையும் மது மாம்சாதிகளை நிறுத்தச் சொல்லி பூணூல் போட்டுவிட்டு எல்லாரும் வேத வழியிலே யாகம் செய்வதற்கான தகுதி பெறச் செய்யவேண்டும்” என்கிறார். பாரதியை அந்தக் காலத்து பிராமணாளும் ஏத்துக்கல்லை, இந்தக் காலத்திலும் அவரோட வேத அபிமானத்தை பல பேர் புரிஞ்சுக்கல்லை.

வாஸ்தவம்.

கணபதி, கண்ணனோட கூட காளி, மாரிக்கும் கூட அவர் பாட்டுப் பாடி இருக்கார். விநாயகருக்கு அவர் செய்யற அர்ச்சனையிலே
தேவதேவா சிவனே கண்ணா
வேலா சாத்தா விநாயகா மாடா
இருளா சூரியா இந்துவே சக்தியே
வாணீ காளீ மாமகளேயோ ன்னு கூப்பிட்டு தெய்வங்களுக்குள்ளே வேறுபாடு பார்க்கக் கூடாதுன்னு சொல்றார்.

அவர் சொன்னதை நாம கேக்கல்லை. இன்னிக்கு நாம கருமாரி அம்மனுக்கு கோயில் கட்டினாலும் அதை ஏன் கிருஷ்ண மாரின்னு சொல்லி அதுக்கு பிராமண வேஷம் போட்டு விடணும்னு புரியல்லை.

கல்கியும் செம்மங்குடியும் தமிழ் இசைக்கு எவ்வளவு போராடினாங்கறது நமக்குத் தெரியும். இன்னிக்கு போனாப் போறதுன்னு தமிழ்லே பாடறாளே தவிர தமிழுக்கு முக்கியத்துவம் குடுக்கல்லே. சேரிக்கும் சேரவேணும், அதுக்கு ஒரு பாட்டு படின்னு பாலசந்தர் சொன்னாரே, அதோட அர்த்தம் எத்தனை பேருக்கு புரிஞ்சுது?

என்ன தான் இருந்தாலும் மும்மூர்த்திகள் பாட்டு மாதிரி வருமா?

மும்மூர்த்திகள் ஒசத்தி தான். அந்த ஒசத்தியை எல்லாரும் அனுபவிக்க வேண்டாமா? பாமரர்களை, 'பாடறியேன்' மாதிரி பாட்டுகள் மூலமா இழுத்து படிப்படியா மேலே தூக்கி விடணும். குன்னக்குடியும் அதைத் தான் செஞ்சார். வித்தைகள் பண்ணி எல்லாரையும் இழுத்தார். அவா ஆர்வத்தை தக்க வெச்சுக்கறாப்பல இன்னும் நாலு பேர் பொறப்படலையே. குன்னக்குடி சங்கீதம் ஸாஸ்த்ரீயம் இல்லே, வெறும் ஜிம்னாஸ்டிக்ஸ்னு கமெண்ட் அடிச்சவா தான் ஜாஸ்தி. சுப்புடு ரொம்ப நாள் கழிச்சு அவர் கச்சேரியைக் கேட்டுட்டு “நான் கூட என்னவோன்னு நெனைச்சேன். அவரோட மேதையை இப்போ தான் புரிஞ்சுண்டேன்”னார். ஒதுங்கி இருக்கறவாளை இழுக்கறதுக்கு இந்த மாதிரி ஜிம்னாஸ்டிக்ஸும் வேண்டித்தான் இருக்கு. சரி, சந்தி பண்ண நேரம் ஆச்சு நாளைக்கு வரேன்னு பலராம அண்ணா புறப்பட்டார்.

This is the concluding part of my post in this thread. In deference to the wishes of the moderator, I am giving below a gist of all the three parts.

Tb’s are isolating themselves from the mainstream Tamil Community. In cultural activities patronized by TB’s, others generally do not take part and vice versa. Even among the gods worshipped there is a schism with the result that the TB’s are looked upon as aliens.
In the past, Bharathi pleaded for the ending of this isolation, by his songs on Mariamma and Kali. His ideal was to adorn every Tamilian with a sacred thread and make them fit for doing Vedic rituals.
Balachander, in his film, Sindhu Bhairavi, pleaded that the Carnatic music should not be the exclusive privilege of a select few, but it should be simplified to attract the masses.
Kunnakudi became popular by his ‘gymnastics’ and many NB’s gathered to listen to him.
Subsequent musicians did not try to sustain their interest and bring them into the fold. It is not my plea that the standards of classical music should be diluted, but it should be simplified for including the outsiders. Once they enter into the fold, they could be gradually elevated.

Arnold Toynbee, the famous historian says that every society has a creative minority which brings novel ideas. The docile majority simply watches them and once the minority succeeds, the majority follows them. TB’s used to be the creative minority for the Tamil community. But now there is a creative minority segment among the TB’s, and the majority of TB’s follow this. Thus it has lost all connections with the greater society and has become a different society by itself. Those who can not keep pace with the advanced, call names and try to pull them down.

So in order to bring about a peaceful transformation and coexistence as sub sect of the Tamil society, it is imperative that the TB’s shed their exclusiveness and try to help the outsiders come up in all walks of life. The TB’s need not lower themselves but they can certainly uplift others.

The present anti-Brahmin shouts and activities are but the natural reaction of our extremism in our exclusiveness and once we integrate ourselves with the greater society, these will disappear.

பலராமையர் வரும்போதே கேட்டுக் கொண்டு வந்தார், ஆர்னால்ட் டாயன்பீ தெரியுமா?
அது என்ன மிட்டாய் பேரா?
சுத்த ஞான சூன்யம் ஐயா நீர். அவர் பெரிய ஹிஸ்டாரியன். சரித்திர ஆராய்ச்சின்னு ஒரு பெரிய்ய புஸ்தகம் எழுதி இருக்கார். அவர் சொல்றார், ஒவ்வொரு சமூகத்திலும் ஒரு சின்ன கூட்டம் கிரியேடிவ் மைனாரிட்டியா இருந்து, புது பழக்கங்களை அறிமுகப்படுத்துவா. டொசைல் மெஜாரிட்டியா இருக்கற மத்தவாள்ளாம் இந்த மைனாரிட்டியைக் கவனிச்சிண்டு இருந்து அந்தப் புதுசு நிச்சயமா நல்லது தானாங்கிறதை உறுதி பண்ணிண்டு அப்புறமா அதை பின்பற்றுவா. நம்மடவா தமிழ் சமூகத்துக்கு இப்படி ஒரு கிரியேடிவ் மைனாரிட்டியா இருந்து, அவாளை வழி நடத்திண்டிருந்தா. ஜைனர்கள் வந்தபோது நம்மடவா தான் மொத மொதல்லே வெஜிடேரியனா மாறினது. தமிழ் சமூகத்திலே சில பேர் நம்மை முழுமையா பின்பத்தினா. பின்பத்த முடியாத மத்தவாளும் இதை ரொம்ப ஒசத்தியா நெனைச்சு தன்னாலே முடிஞ்ச வரைக்கும் இதை அனுசரிக்கறா. இங்கிலீஷ் கல்விக்கு வழிகாட்டினது நாம தான்.

இப்போ எப்படி இருக்குன்னா, பிராமணாளுக்குள்ளேயே ஒரு கிரியேடிவ் மைனாரிட்டி ஏற்பட்டு மத்த மெஜாரிட்டி பிராமணாளுக்கு வழி காமிச்சிண்டு இருக்கு. இப்படி இது ஒரு தனி சமூகமாப் போயிட்டதனாலே, தமிழ் சமூகத்தோட ஒட்டுதல் இல்லாமப் போயிட்டுது.

வாஸ்தவம் தான் அண்ணா

இன்னொண்ணு சொல்றேன், கேக்கறேளா?

சொல்லுங்கோ.

எந்த ஒண்ணும் ஒரு எடத்திலே எக்ஸ்ட்ரீமா இருந்தா அதுக்கு நேர் எதிரான பொருளோ நிகழ்ச்சியோ அங்கேயே உண்டாகும்.

அறிவொளி மாதிரி பேசறேளே, புதிர் போடாம புரியும்படியா சொல்லுங்கோ.

பத்ரி நாத்துலே கடும் குளிரா இருக்கு இல்லையா, அங்கே கொதிக்கற வென்னீர் ஊத்து பொங்கி வரது

சரி.

பரம நாஸ்திகன் வீட்டிலே புள்ளையோ மாட்டுப் பொண்ணோ பரம பக்தாளா வந்து சேர்றா. நீர் எதாவது கற்பனை பண்ணிக்காதேயும். நான் பிரகலாதனைச் சொன்னேன்.

சரி.

மஹா ஆசார சீலரோட புள்ளே மகாரப் பிரியனா இருக்கறது தெரியுமோல்லியோ? கன்சர்வேடிவ் குடும்பத்திலே பொறந்தவா தான் கம்யூனிஸ்ட் ராமமூர்த்தியும் ஈ.எம்,எஸ்.ஸும்

வாஸ்தவம்.

இந்த விதி சமூகங்களுக்கும் பொருந்தும். பிரெஞ்சுப் புரட்சியும் ரஷ்யப் புரட்சியும் ராஜ குடும்பத்துக்காரா அக்ரமம் எக்ஸ்ட்ரீமுக்குப் போனதானாலே ஏற்பட்டது. நாம தன்னைத் தனிமைப்படுத்திக் கொள்வதில் எக்ஸ்ட்ரீமுக்குப் போய்ட்டதனாலே, அதுக்கு ஒரு எதிர் விளைவு தான் இந்த கறுப்பு சேப்பு எல்லாம். நம்ம சமூகத்திலே சில பேர் இந்தக் கோட்டைச் சுவர்களை ஒடச்சிண்டு வெளியே போறதும் அதுவே தான்..

புரியறது அண்ணா.

என்ன புரிஞ்சுண்டீர்?

தனிப்பட்ட பிராமணனை யாரும் குறை சொல்றதில்லே. சமூகத்தைத் தான் தூஷிக்கறா. கலாசாரம் என்கறது சமூகம் சம்பந்தப்பட்ட விஷயம். நம்ம கலாசாரம் அவாளாலே எட்ட முடியாத அளவுக்கு இருக்கறதனாலே தான் இந்தப் பொறாமை, பொச்சரிப்பு எல்லாம். நாம இன்னும் மேலே போகணும்கிறதை மட்டும் நெனச்சுக்காம, கீழே இருக்கறவாளையும் சேத்து அழைச்சுண்டு போகணும்.

சரி. நான் நாளக்கி காசிக்கு பொறப்படறேன். போய்ட்டு வந்து அப்பறமா பேசிப்போம்.

Dear Sri Vikrama ji,

We have integrated with other communities to a large extent. I am in Chennai and in a highly cosmopolitan area. In our flat complex except two, other six occupants are not belonging to our community. Again our area is highly cosmopolitan with people belonging to various castes, religion and languages.

Personally I was born and brought up in an Agraharam without any opportunity to mix with other communities.But I am able migrate with other communities and my children have done much better when it comes to integration.

May be within Chennai city also, there are still few pockets where Agraharam type environment prevails and even in those places, younger generations are moving out.

Integration has taken place during my life time and further integration will take place over the future. It is a slow but steady process and same is happening without being noticed.

Those who moved out of Tamilnadu/Kerala have to integrate with others and there is no other choice. Within Tamilnadu/Kerala also only few areas are still considered as pockets of our community where integration has not taken place to a great extent.

Last edited:
This is the concluding part of my post in this
தனிப்பட்ட பிராமணனை யாரும் குறை சொல்றதில்லே. சமூகத்தைத் தான் தூஷிக்கறா. கலாசாரம் என்கறது சமூகம் சம்பந்தப்பட்ட விஷயம். நம்ம கலாசாரம் அவாளாலே எட்ட முடியாத அளவுக்கு இருக்கறதனாலே தான் இந்தப் பொறாமை, பொச்சரிப்பு எல்லாம். நாம இன்னும் மேலே போகணும்கிறதை மட்டும் நெனச்சுக்காம, கீழே இருக்கறவாளையும் சேத்து அழைச்சுண்டு போகணும்.

Such views are among the primary reasons why Brahmin community is reviled by some and disliked by many. The assumption that Brahmin culture is superior is both arrogant and delusional. Showing some humility is the first step for the Brahmin community to rise above the disdain of others.

குரை ஒன்ரும் இல்லை மரைமுர்த்திக் கன்ன குரை ஒன்ரும் இல்லை கன்ன*...

gopal.

to Rv ji sir: I was very young boy brought up inbetween Musilms and Gullalars(MUDPOT MAKERS).When I was taken to a Palghat village(age 10), it was like a hell for me because first the Tamil language,secont the style of living( 4yardsDothi) i felt uneasy for me. But I was forced to follow the system by the elders. There all the younger genearation boys and girls go to temple and the sing Vishnu shakasaranammas and other slogams. The boys carry the urchavamurthy and round the small village and lost they will get extra Sundal. I was also wanted to do so but my Tamil Pronounce is like Kungu Tamil and everybody started laughing more over the sanskrit was another big problem in pronouncesation. I was decided to learn but again back to pavilion to the city life, no aother alternative but my offical life thought me how mingle with other walkof life and become broadmintedtoday.s.r.k.For every one some experience will come and slowly things will change as you said

Integration is a continuous process. We have to integrate with the environment and people wherever we migrate. It is a natural process which we getting used on a regular basis.

I earnestly feel that our community is much more adoptive as compared some of the communities. Still in some semi urbanised areas, integration between Dalits and other communities are not taking place completely. Where as we are able to integrate with other communities without much of problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back