• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Insight into VedicPrinciples and Sastras

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE GREAT HINDU TRADITION - book in English released by Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswati.

In mid-2010, when I set out to assemble my own learning and thoughts about the Great Hindu Tradition, I had no illusion of being a writer in the literary sense, out to attract mass-attention and pick up accolades. I certainly had no illusion about having the means to reach out and make my statements in a grand manner. I had a simple, but fervent desire to share my learning and thoughts about our great Hindu Tradition, in response to queries of curious people who came in touch with me during the course of my Vedic practices.

The reception accorded to the book has surpassed my expectations. It was launched in November by the revered Swami Dayananda Saraswati, the beacon in a spiritually turbulent society, and got picked up in large numbers by the esteemed invitees at the launch-venue itself.

A young well-wisher found the book satiating his thirst for clarifications, and soon requisitioned several hundred copies to be distributed as thamboolam gift at a family function Several others also followed subseuently.

This reassured me that today’s global, English-speaking person was wanting to explore the infinitely rich Vedas and the rituals associated with the spiritual principles.

Now I am venturing into one more edition, the third edition. It should be ready in a weeks time.

The book is priced at Rs. 200/-. Those who wish to take a copy from me they can send a cheque for Rs. 250/- drawn in my favour and send it to my address : B-2, Aditya Apartments, 1A, Kavarai street, West Mambalam, Chennai 600 033.

For overseas buyers it is priced at $20 including shipping.

Sarma Sastrigal, Author.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back