• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Info on Astrologer

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GKJ

Hi Everyone,
Could anyone please provide info and help me out in finding a genuine tamil brahmin astrologer in Bangalore. I have one sweet little daughter for whom horoscope needs to be prepared. Since there are many people and thru media claiming they are famous, am very much confused.Because writing ones Jatakam (horoscope) needs to be done with dedication , accuracy, wholeheartedly, devoted, passionate passed among generations in their family and genuinely and not for money sake only.I dont know who is fake and who is genuine. Hence please guide me in finding a genuine Tamil brahmin astrologer in bangalore or in tamilnadu and also their contact numbers. I will be really thankful.

Regards,
ganesh

Dear Shri.GKJ,
I do not know which Panchang you follow in your family.Some follow Vakkya Panchangam and some follow Tirukkanidha Panchang.
Horoscopes differ if cast based on the above two methods.
Please refer to post no.4 in the thread'Sandhyavandhanam' under subforum'Rituals,Ceremonies,Poojas'.
Shri.P.C.Ramabadran has given particulars of one astrologer in Chennai.
I used to consult one house wife in Ullagaram,Chennai who was very popular as a predictive astrologer.I got the horoscopes prepared by her using Vakkya panchangam.I give below her address.
Smt.R.Saraswathi. No.10/22,Ramalingam first street,Swamy Nagar Main.Ullagaram,Chennai-600 091.Sheused to see between 11 am to 5 pm and only on prior appointments.Her residence phone no.044-22421701.

I am not sure whether she is now reading horoscopes.I consulted her a few years before.
Now a days software is freely loaded in all browsing centres and they prepare horoscopes on payment of Rs.50/-
ONE company by name KCP Ltd in EGMORE near Spencer Plaza was undertaking this work.You have to remit money and they prepare the horoscope in a book form.One astrologer in Chennai recommended this firm.He was astrologerto all IAS,IPS and other top ranking officers,Political Leaders.
My best wishes in your attempt to get the correct horoscope for your sweet little daughter.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
Could anyone please provide info and help me out in finding a genuine tamil brahmin astrologer in Bangalore. I have one sweet little daughter for whom horoscope needs to be prepared. Since there are many people and thru media claiming they are famous, am very much confused.Because writing ones Jatakam (horoscope) needs to be done with dedication , accuracy, wholeheartedly, devoted, passionate passed among generations in their family and genuinely and not for money sake only.I dont know who is fake and who is genuine. Hence please guide me in finding a genuine Tamil brahmin astrologer in bangalore or in tamilnadu and also their contact numbers. I will be really thankful.

Regards,
ganesh

Shri GKJ,

Casting a horoscope is a simple matter today, if you have a computer and the software. I am using the FREE software developed and donated by one very noble person. Kindly google for jagannath hora and dwonload the full software, instal it and use. If you have any doubts you may write to me by pm. This programme also gives you some predictions. These are mere mechanical. Most astrologers from a century ago have been giving only such mechanical predictions along with a horoscope. Unless and until you approach an astrologer with some query or problem, they will not say anything bad about the horoscope; only very good results will be told. Many people believe such tidings, live in a world of (false) hopes and open their eyes too late.

Astrologers who would say things - good and bad - honestly are not available today. Recently my BIL (athimbar) expired after by-pass surgery. In his horoscope it was clearly written that he won't live up to Sataabhishekam and die at such-and-such age because of disease of several organs (sarvaanga rogagrasta). It was correct to the dot! My mother was told by one astrologer (many decades back) that she would not be alive after such-and-such a month. My niece's marriage was fixed during that month; when my sister asked her whether she would be able to come to the mandapam and be there for the whole day, my mother replied "innam oru maasam irukke, paarkkalaam". When I asked my mother subsequently in private as to why she replied so, she told me about the prediction and said that astrologer's words never failed. True to that, my mother, then 84 and with normal health, suddenly got an attack of shingles and expired in two weeks, before the said month was over and a few days after my niece's marriage.

Such sort of precognition is not seen nowadays.

In case you so desire, I can cast your daughter's horoscope and give prediction to the best of my ability but I am not a professional astrologer nor do I claim any expertise or guarantee for my predictions. You will be able to take the horoscope and consult other professional astrologers.

Dear GKJ,

For casting the horoscope you can approach Mr. Kousikan who lives in Arisikkaran Theru, Near Chithrakkulam, Mylapore, Chennai. He is recognized by the Jeeyar of Ahobhila Matom as the AAsthaana Astrologer for the Matom. I have personal experience too with him. But as far as the predictive astrology is concerned I wont advise you to go to any one. Cheers.

Dear Krishnamurthy sir,
Am really grateful to you for taking the pain to address my concern.

rgds,
ganesh

Dear GKJ,

.. But as far as the predictive astrology is concerned I wont advise you to go to any one. Cheers.

dear raju,

with utmost respect, i lay before you the query, 'what is the purpose of jadhagam & astrology as we know, practise, believe per your above statement'

thank you.

dear sangom,

to the best of my knowledge, every now and then, according to my grand parents' practice, our horoscopes would be dusted and ganichchified, every year, by kunhirama panicker, in badagara, during my pre and early teen years.

to me, it was an eagerly looked forward to event, one of the highlights of a boring summer spent in pattikaadu which vadakara then was. (there was not even a bakery to get bread - my uncle used to arrange with spencers to ship bread every day).

i have stated in this forum before, and i will repeat: as my aunt's wedding was being organized, my grandfather was in chennai purchasing diamonds. he had signalled that he had purchased vaira thodu & mukkthuththi from surajmals (not sure if it still exists). my grandma callled the panicker, who spred his shells and murmured something, and out came the prediction - that one of the diamonds had black evil residing in it, and if this were to adorn my aunt, lots of ill happenings would follow.

mid 1950s being that age, no long distance phones, let alone std or internet. thanthi was the quickest method of communication, and with express thanthi, you could be assured that it would be delivered in about 4 hours, day or night. grandpa, in chennai to collect the jewellery, told a stunned surajmal about the evil hanging over the ornaments.

which ofcourse was vehemently denied by the jeweller, who undid the jewellery, and examined each diamond. sure enough, hiding deep enough, on one of the more obscure rocks, was an embedded carbon spot. profusely apologizing, the jeweller replaced the diamond.

same panicker, predicted the death of another aunt, on my paternal side. but when mom was expecting my sibling, he predicted a boy and out came my sis. nowadays ofcourse we have amnio and other methods, but in 1958 a predicted boy turning out to be a girl, was enough to crash the reputation of the panicker.

so dear sangom, why should one bother at all to compose a jadhagam, if there is no belief in it re future predictions.

i have always wondered whether, what we are pre destined to experience, will happen regardless. whether the concept of pariharams are movements against the destiny. ultimately, we have to end our stay on this planet, and all this shenanigans, appear either to deny or postpone the inevitable. why do people bother to do that? i don't know.

in toronto, where i live, we have usual visits from indian astrologers, and i guess, judging from the ads in the t.v. there is a thriving market among the desis.

the whites do not have or believe in such an intricate systems. they have the signs of the zodiac, but then this is a grouping of 13 stars, and one has to share the predictions, based on the calendar birth date, with 1/3 of the humanity. again, the todays common era calendar, was fudged and fiddled by pope gregory, and so, today's date is not quite today's date about 430+ years and previous.

the whites do have seances and mediums, which i think, is all fraud, anyways.

i remember, when i was young, my neighbour used to have the medium speak through the three legged kerosine stove. the dancing stove was a wonderous sight that i have witnessed, and still not sure how that came about.

based on kunhirama panicker, 50 years later, i believe that there may be some force or knowledge which makes our life preplanned, and some people of erudition are able to gather glimpses. glimpses only, while the bulk of the future is but a mystery of the faith, and an unknown waiting to be experienced.

thathaastu.

dear raju,

with utmost respect, i lay before you the query, 'what is the purpose of jadhagam & astrology as we know, practise, believe per your above statement'

thank you.

Dear Mr. Kunjuppu,

My advice to GKJ comes from my experience. It is my surmise that some astrologers, who have developed an intuitive skill which helps them travel in someway in the time dimension, are able to move back and forth in time (may be in a limited span) and hence are able to precisely see events in the past and future and tell them. I think they use the correctly cast horoscope as the 'medium' or port to enter. Such a travel in time may be accompanied by a physical manifestation or not(a trance for instance). My experience with such astrologers in Kerala has been astounding. All others who depend on the science of astrology without this intuitive ability fall flat 99 out of hundred times when it comes to prediction. It is rare to find such an able astrologer and that is why that advice.

Your question also raises a point about the usefullness of horoscopes. I believe the matching for the purpose of marriage, to find out whether a given time is auspicious or not etc the hosroscope and panchangam are usefull for those who believe in such things. I would say I am like an agnostic as far as the astrology is concerned. An agnostic is one who is not yet ready to accept that there is a God though he would not say that there is no god either. I have yet to come across evidences to dismiss astrology out of hand as a lot of .. you know what.

Dear Kunjuppu Sir, I find you quite self-effacing in your requests to me which makes me highly uncomfortable. Please save me!!!

Cheers.

dear sangom,

i have stated in this forum before, and i will repeat: as my aunt's wedding was being organized, my grandfather was in chennai purchasing diamonds. he had signalled that he had purchased vaira thodu & mukkthuththi from surajmals (not sure if it still exists). my grandma callled the panicker, who spred his shells and murmured something, and out came the prediction - that one of the diamonds had black evil residing in it, and if this were to adorn my aunt, lots of ill happenings would follow.

mid 1950s being that age, no long distance phones, let alone std or internet. thanthi was the quickest method of communication, and with express thanthi, you could be assured that it would be delivered in about 4 hours, day or night. grandpa, in chennai to collect the jewellery, told a stunned surajmal about the evil hanging over the ornaments.

which ofcourse was vehemently denied by the jeweller, who undid the jewellery, and examined each diamond. sure enough, hiding deep enough, on one of the more obscure rocks, was an embedded carbon spot. profusely apologizing, the jeweller replaced the diamond.

same panicker, predicted the death of another aunt, on my paternal side. but when mom was expecting my sibling, he predicted a boy and out came my sis. nowadays ofcourse we have amnio and other methods, but in 1958 a predicted boy turning out to be a girl, was enough to crash the reputation of the panicker.

so dear sangom, why should one bother at all to compose a jadhagam, if there is no belief in it re future predictions.

Dear Shri Kunjuppu,

Incidentally, our views on certain aspects of our practiced religion seem to be mirror image of our opinions on astrology ;)

That was just en passant.

Coming to astrology, you may recall the discussion between Shri Nara and myself sometime last year. As I said then, I am of the considered view that astrology is an undeveloped and unexplored seed form of a possible science. Research, codification and correction of currently held principles (both casting horoscopes and prediction) is an uphill task because we have to deal with full human life spans as the basic units of enquiry.

The prediction of any astrologer is tempered by one foremost consideration; even if he is mostly sure, he would not, rather should not frighten with unfavourable predictions, but AFAIP, couch it in less formidable terms. Some people are allergic to hearing anything unfavourable (however slight it may be) and so the astrologers usually do not displease their customers. But such people blame the astrologer the moment something goes wrong more seriously than predicted. Thirdly, the birth chart shows only the position of the person’s fate at that point; he/she has all freedom to improve or worsen it in his life. This aspect is not often known to an astrologer and, in Kerala, they go by the “prasnam” or divination with seashells ([FONT=&quot]சோழி[/FONT]).

So, errors and omissions are to be expected as happens even in a comparatively well-developed science of medicine and surgery.

i have always wondered whether, what we are pre destined to experience, will happen regardless. whether the concept of pariharams are movements against the destiny. ultimately, we have to end our stay on this planet, and all this shenanigans, appear either to deny or postpone the inevitable. why do people bother to do that? i don't know.
I do not think that everything is pre-destined in life. There is a certain amount of free-will also. Good astrology helps to decide in what direction and manner our self-efforts will derive maximum benefit to us.

in toronto, where i live, we have usual visits from indian astrologers, and i guess, judging from the ads in the t.v. there is a thriving market among the desis.

the whites do not have or believe in such an intricate systems. they have the signs of the zodiac, but then this is a grouping of 13 stars, and one has to share the predictions, based on the calendar birth date, with 1/3 of the humanity. again, the todays common era calendar, was fudged and fiddled by pope gregory, and so, today's date is not quite today's date about 430+ years and previous.

the whites do have seances and mediums, which i think, is all fraud, anyways.

i remember, when i was young, my neighbour used to have the medium speak through the three legged kerosine stove. the dancing stove was a wonderous sight that i have witnessed, and still not sure how that came about.

based on kunhirama panicker, 50 years later, i believe that there may be some force or knowledge which makes our life preplanned, and some people of erudition are able to gather glimpses. glimpses only, while the bulk of the future is but a mystery of the faith, and an unknown waiting to be experienced.

thathaastu.
Western astrology is IMO more accurate as far as the calculation basis is concerned and I am told their predictions are also reliable if done by a competent person. I have no personal experience about séance/medium but my mother used to recount one or two instances and if I am to believe her (which I would) there seems to be some unexplained aspects in those. I agree what even the best astrologer can give will only be glimpses, but are not glimpses also valued very highly at times (Poonam Pandey’s promise, for instance ;))?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back