• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

India without Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsundaram

an american visited india and went back to america

where he met his indian friend who asked him

how did u find my country???

the american said, "it is a great country

with solid ancient history

and immensely rich with natural resources".
the indian friend then asked ….

how did u find indians ???

indians??

who indians??

i didnt find or meet a single indian

there in india

what nonsense???

who else can u meet in india then???

the american said …

in kashmir i met a kashmiri–

in punjab a panjabi...

in bihar,maharastra, bengal, tamilnadu

i met a bihari, marathi, bengali, tamilian…

then i met

a muslim,

a christian,

a jain,

a buddhist

and many many many more

but not a single indian did i meet

think how serious this joke is…

the day would not be far off when indeed we wouldbecome a collection of nation states
as some

regional anti-nationals want ...

fight back -

always say

"we are indians"

here is another view of india, with indians, this time. please do read also the comments from the readers at the end of the article.

this is an interview with kancha ilaiyah. i have heard only rough things about him. but the last few paragraphs, i can relate to it.

the learned ones in this forum will find the following comment by one reader rather challenging... The religion which gave the beautiful treatise in Upanishad, tarnished its image and system by going low on Varnashram (Caste system). ..... When Atman or Brahman is omnipresent and it is there inside of everyone, how come some becomes untouchable just by birth?

thank you.

The Hindu : Life & Style / Society : War against ignorance

re

The solution is meritrocracy.Indians as citizens should be given equal oppurtunity,in education,job,freedom in religious beliefs.The Hindus are being plundered within thru proxy leaders from outside.

Caste is just a label,to enjoy a status.Make the means to acheive,the financial freedom,job oppurtunities,educational gurantees of wisdom,just as Indian Citizens.No reservations for any religion.No reservation for any caste.No reservation or quota for any Indian.One must qualify for the job,to obtain employment.

Such utopian values spins in my head.Indians must know,we Indians first then only a hindu, a muslim,a christian, a dalit,.....etc.

If we do not do this,we will be,rotting sooner than later.

nachi naga.

hi folks,
it happened to me in USA..somebody asked where r u from...
i said..i born in tamil nadu/studied in kerala/brought up in andhra/
moved in karnataka/then served in assam/delhi/punjab/kashmir/
gujarat and maharastra....in indian army...then he asked me
which language u speak...i said...i speak tamil/malayalam/telugu/
kannada/thoda assamese/bengali/hindi/punjabi/little bit gujarati/
and marathi....then he asked me..........who are u...I SAID...
I AM HINDUSTHANI....IM INDIAN.... this is reality...

regards
tbs

Sri Kunjuppu: I have further read that this ilaiyah during a recent interview in CNN IBN (Indian wing of CNN) went ahead and commented that all Hindu religious leaders and organizations were totally irresponsible, cash rich and also that Christian organizations were the only ones serving the purpose of education.He has also been critical of the Namaste claiming it to be an indicator of social unequality in Hinduism. He adds that to take a very simple thing—the Hindu namaste, folding your hands to greet someone—is a very powerful symbolic statement. It suggests that I recognise you but you should not touch me. He says that in contrast, the custom that the Christians introduced of shaking of hands is a touching relationship, while the Muslims go even further and physically embrace you. Even today in the villages the Muslims are the only people who actually physically embrace the Dalit-Bahujans.
As you say, prima facie , we tend to revolt on his views but thinking aloud really poses a challenger.
Hope some learned members of our forum will come out with rejoinders.

sir,

kancha is wrong.Kirilian photography has validated,namaskaram with folded hands,as an aura exists,which our rishis called it a sookshma body or subtly body.But then kancha has a agenda,what to do,he is trying to negate science and its acheivemensts too in the bargain.

nachi naga.

an american visited india and went back to america...................................................
indians??

who indians??

i didnt find or meet a single indian

there in india
....................................................................................

fight back -

always say

"we are indians"

My Dear INDIANS....

I am sorry that people who think that India and Indians are divided – are just harbouring a fancy –wishful-dream. OR plain ignorant. Probably they want Indians- the residents of this GREAT BHARAT- children of Our Bharatmata – should not be united .It is the wishful imagination of the vested interest.
There are many such hungry characters in the Tales of Panchatantra.. Animals and birds hungrily waiting to prey on disunited other animals and birds. These hungry characters will provoke the gullible ones with many lies and concocted stories, may entice them with false promises etc . Once they find that these weak are separated from their folks- they devour them.

Similar ploy is used to spread that Indians are not united.. But this will never happen. We Indians are united, and will always be united as Indians.

I remember that some years ago, some vested foreign interests spreading stories indirectly hinting of India going to get divided into as many states as it was having then.. While the so-called intelligentsia swallowed the stories and repeated in vernacular and English, for their own selfish interests -- there was one courageous politician who challenged that and gave a tit for tat saying that –if India breaks then it will be about 26 states. But there are other countries in the world , if they break it will be in double no. of pieces than India. And that will be happening first. He said.
This ended the till then spreading wild dreams of vested interests.

The unity of India is-Unity in Diversity. Every hundred of mile travel and you hear a different language, a different terrain, a different cuisine...but all that is basically Indian.

Typical Indianness is lying in every Indian’s mind. This was demonstrated many times. It is not visible to the so-called- lip service intelligentsia . It cannot be understood by the tongue popping –hungry vested interests..It is manifest in the most illiterate and traditional villager, the most innocent ,naïve ,labourer. It is manifest in the temple going/churchgoing/mosque going pious Indian. It is manifest in the one bathing in Ganges, one fishing at Konkan , one eating fish at eastern coast ,one keeping camels in the west, rearing sheep in north...or any ordinary Indian man and woman .

Right now the Kumbh Mela is happening. You can see a small glimpse and part of United India there. Indianness is not a trademark or patent or commercial product as envisaged by others .It is a subtle feeling nourished as most cherished by all true Indians. It is like the invisible thread in a Mala(garland) of various flowers.. Outside viewers see only the disparate flowers. They do not get to see the unifying thread. Those who are born and thriving by splitting themselves and splitting others will not understand this.

Let the forehead wear Chandan,Kumkum, Ash ,mud or not wearing anything,—when it comes for the Indianness –all are one .

I am sorry to disappoint the restless doomsayer. “Sorry Dear, WE INDIANS ARE UNITED AS INDIANS. THE DIFFERENT COLOURS YOU SEE ARE SUB BANDS OF UNITED COLOURS CALLED INDIA”

East or West India is the Best

Greetings.

Last edited by a moderator:
....the learned ones in this forum will find the following comment by one reader rather challenging...

Dear Kunjuppu, there is a lot of jingoism and delusional gloating over imagined past glory. In this respect, the Indian upper caste and the USA's extreme right-wing conservatives are indistinguishable.

For all the leisure and royal support afforded to the Brahmins they contributed not a whole lot for the betterment of humanity. As long as their caste gave them privileged position there were no complaints. When the privilege is withdrawn there is no end to their whining.

According to them, reservation is at the root of all that ails our society. Yet they blithely ignore the 100% reservations they practice in their institutions.

Democratic governments must look after the best interests of the entire society. Providing reservation for Dalits and other oppressed is a social good that democratic governments must pursue. Even in this supposedly oppressive reservation system, if the 3% brahmins get to compete for 30% of seats, that is 10 times the advantage.

Also, I am yet to see one brahmin working as a daily wage earner, a kooli. I am yet to see one brahmin lady working as a sanitary worker. Yet, if one reads the comments that appear here, it would seem Brahmins are the most disadvantaged among all.

Dalits are angry. They have had it with the oppression. They are not going to put up with it anymore. Indian upper castes ignore Kancha Ilaiah at their own peril. You and I will only be spectators. It is the Brahmins of Tramil Nadu who will pay the price.

Cheers, for what it is worth!

Nachi Naga,

I also read some time back that brahmins in north india are doing toilet cleaning, rickshaw pulling etc.

It is not surprising for me

All the best

Sri Kunjuppu: I have further read that this ilaiyah during a recent interview in CNN IBN (Indian wing of CNN) went ahead and commented that all Hindu religious leaders and organizations were totally irresponsible, cash rich and also that Christian organizations were the only ones serving the purpose of education.He has also been critical of the Namaste claiming it to be an indicator of social unequality in Hinduism. He adds that to take a very simple thing—the Hindu namaste, folding your hands to greet someone—is a very powerful symbolic statement. It suggests that I recognise you but you should not touch me. He says that in contrast, the custom that the Christians introduced of shaking of hands is a touching relationship, while the Muslims go even further and physically embrace you. Even today in the villages the Muslims are the only people who actually physically embrace the Dalit-Bahujans.
As you say, prima facie , we tend to revolt on his views but thinking aloud really poses a challenger.
Hope some learned members of our forum will come out with rejoinders.

Sri.DrSundaram,

Namaste means respecting othes -

"In the word namaste there is sandhi, or coalescence, between the two Sanskrit words namah and te, meaning "I bow (reverentially) to you." Also common is a polite form using the imperative astu meaning "let there be": namo: stu te literally meaning "let there be a salutation to you"."

Namaste - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hand shake was a gesture of peace -

"The handshake is thought by some to have originated as a gesture of peace by demonstrating that the hand holds no weapon"

Handshake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muslims folow the Arab Bedouin practice of hug. but they did not 'invent' hugs eother. Hugs have nothing to do with any religions. Here are some hugs for you.

YouTube - Free Hugs Campaign - Official Page (music by Sick Puppies.net )

Cheers!

Sri.DrSundaram,

Namaste means respecting othes -

"In the word namaste there is sandhi, or coalescence, between the two Sanskrit words namah and te, meaning "I bow (reverentially) to you." Also common is a polite form using the imperative astu meaning "let there be": namo: stu te literally meaning "let there be a salutation to you"."

Namaste - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hand shake was a gesture of peace -

"The handshake is thought by some to have originated as a gesture of peace by demonstrating that the hand holds no weapon"

Handshake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muslims folow the Arab Bedouin practice of hug. but they did not 'invent' hugs eother. Hugs have nothing to do with any religions. Here are some hugs for you.

YouTube - Free Hugs Campaign - Official Page (music by Sick Puppies.net )

Cheers!
I think Sri Raghy hasn't understood my posting. Have I ever said that I do not know what is namasthe, handshake and hug. The point was how
challengingly mr ilaiyah is putting up questions on hindus practising age old habbits. If I have not made this clear i am sorry.

Last edited:
I think Sri Raghy hasn't understood my posting. Have I ever said that I do not know what is namasthe, handshake and hug. The point was how
challengingly mr ilaiyah is putting up questions on hindus practising age old habbits. If I have not made this clear i am sorry.

Sri.Dr Sundaram,

Kindly pardon me. I was not writing the meanings for you; It was a rejoinder or reply to Mr.Ilaiyah. He twisted the meaning of Namaste, and hand shake; he also appeased muslims. I just wrote what I would say to him as a rejoinder. Sorry, I was not trying to educate you. (Also, I was spreading the 'free hugs' for our members).

I believe Mata Amritananda Mayee hugs all her followers. She has large following and some body recently told me that hugging each and every follower itself is a big job for her.

Amma, Mata Amritanandamayi Devi @ amritapuri.org

So hugging is also part of our way of life

All the best

Amma's hugs are famous here in Australia too. Last time when she visted here, 1000s lined up to hug her. She hit the national news. By the way, the 'free hugs' video I posted happened in Sydney.

Cheers!

I read recently: {sorry a big reading but worth, i believe}
Hinduism is a way of life and not a religion – this is an oft repeated statement by Hindus. For a change a non-Hindu discovers spirituality as a way of life in India. Susan L. Smalley, Ph.D., a Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, writes in her column in The Huffington Post about her discovery of Spirituality as a Way of Life in India during her first journey to India.Let me define spirituality as 'a sense of connection to something larger than oneself' and in India this attention to spirituality is pervasive. It is evident in every aspect of the culture -- there is a constant integration of reminders that we are part of something larger than the self.It is evident in the shrines that are present on every street corner, created on sides of houses, roadside stops, hilltops, alleyways, the back of tractor trailers, and beyond. Shrines are big, small, colorful, bland, dedicated to Shiva, Ganesh, Hanuman, or thousands of other manifestations of our shared nature, to Hindus the manifestations of a Oneness or God or an Ultimate Reality.

It is evident in the pervasive Namaste -- a greeting with hands folded in a prayer position accompanied by a bow that means something like "I see the Oneness in you." It is evident in the pervasive 'bindi,' the smudge of color between the eyebrow -- a reminder that we are part of something larger than the self -- visible by a 'third eye' if you will.

On a road in a rural region of Rashastan, we stumbled upon a shrine that had been established in honor of a young man killed on a motorcycle. The motorcycle and image of the man were centered behind a fire, kept alive by the eternal visits of thousands of strangers to this roadside shrine. Vendors had sprung up to provide gifts of donation at the shrine, bells and drums were played, and devotees prayed for safe travels. It was an example of both the magical and superstitious thinking pervasive in India and the recognition and gratitude for life and our connections to one another; a spiritual connection to something beyond the self.
To the outsider, India and its spirituality may seem a land of irrational thinking -- far from the rational mind of the West. But the integration of spiritual development into daily life may be a factor in why India ranks higher than the U.S. on national rankings of Happiness . Perhaps constant reminders of our interconnected and dependent nature make emotions and actions stemming from self-centeredness more difficult to come by.
In the West, we tend to compartmentalize our time for spiritual practice if present (times of day or days of week) while in India it is constant -- morning to night, birth to death. I am not suggesting an adoption of the religions of India but rather adopting an increased awareness of recognition of our interconnected nature into daily life. I am suggesting that attention to our connections beyond our 'individuality', our individual 'self,' is important for health and well-being (science shows that is true, for example, see R. Cloninger, Feeling Good: The Science of Well-being). Perhaps we can take a lead from the Indian culture and attend more overtly to our relationships beyond our self.
It can be part of daily life by acknowledging more readily the influences that shape you:
1. Home, environment, air, water, food
2. Family, parents, children, friends, strangers
3. Music, art, literature, Nature
4. Humanity, Universe, Evolution, God, Oneness, Truth
What if we attend to these elements with acknowledgment, gratitude and love every day from morning to night. It can be internal (heartfelt attention) or external (smile, handshake, eye contact, a nod, listening, and action). It is possible to integrate spirituality into our daily lives without adhering to any particular religion and without compartmentalizing it to circumscribed times of day or days per week.
Perhaps we can make spirituality a way of life, much like in India, albeit with a different external appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back