• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Implications of the verdict

Status
Not open for further replies.
SC verdict is years away. Right now, Congi too shifting its stance. Earlier : Respect the HC verdict. Now: No need. Wait for the SC verdict. Respect that. A clear attempt to mollify the "hurt" and "cheated" muslims.

But I say, wait for Bihar elections. RJD/SP/LJP are trying to polarise the muslim votes. Counter polarisation of Hindu votes can result. If chips are down, then even Yadavas too are Hindus.

Dear Sri rcscwg Ji and Sri suresoo ji,

I took time and effort to respond to both of your responses on this subject. As of yet there are no responses in detail about my stance.

But then, I find generalized snide remarks about 'secularists' and accompanying responses from other parties egging on the postings.

Am I to assume that you are not either capable of responding to my postings, from a man to man (or for man to a woman if it is so)?

If you are serious about your postings here, please sirs, have at least the courage to respond to my postings that were addressed to you out of courtesy on my part.

If you have no response, please indicate as such. Thank you.

Regards,
KRS

shri nara ji according to my tiny knowledge in short pseudo secularists is the term used by rss and other hindu leaders to mean those hindu intellectuals who support the opposition(meaning minorities) justifying secularism. short example like questioning the existence of lord ram thus hurting hindu sentiments etc etc. they r also called atheists, gaddars(betrayers),

in nutshell/layman terms the word pseudo secularists is referred to those ppl in secular country who r majority and practice anti majoritism and pro minoritism without any logic.

Last edited:
Dear Sri rcscwg Ji and Sri suresoo ji,

I took time and effort to respond to both of your responses on this subject. As of yet there are no responses in detail about my stance.

But then, I find generalized snide remarks about 'secularists' and accompanying responses from other parties egging on the postings.

Am I to assume that you are not either capable of responding to my postings, from a man to man (or for man to a woman if it is so)?

If you are serious about your postings here, please sirs, have at least the courage to respond to my postings that were addressed to you out of courtesy on my part.

If you have no response, please indicate as such. Thank you.

Regards,
KRS
I can always respond to a TARKA. But KU-TARKA I ignore.
तर्क कुतर्क

Dear KRS Ji,
I Object to your characterization in posting #77. If you were expecting a quick response, you can ask for it. Rather than throw mud.

And here is the response

My reasoning is in black
@KRS reasoning is in blue

The Real issue is who holds the title to the piece of land. By magnifying this to Hindus vs Muslims we are playing into Politicians hands.
None of the litigants represents all of Hindus or Muslims views, by asking them to accommodate/compromise we are putting too much pressure on them. If we take the Hindu Mahasabha (one of litigants/counsel) there is so much pressure on them from seculars/hardliners to cede ground, I'm sure the story is same with other litigants too.

If the title ownership is in question, it is pretty obvious how the land should be divided. On August 15 1947, when India became sovereign, Muslims had the rights to the mosque and the Hindus to their part of their worship space. Even if Babur demolished an ancient temple there, history should not be corrected by the likeness of this verdict. And a verdict with full of reasoning was indeed handed over (From Wikipedia on the Masjid):
A Faizabad District Judge on a plaint filed by Mahant Raghubar Das gave a judgment on 18 March, 1886. Though the plaint was dismissed, the judgment brought out two relevant points:
"I found that Masjid built by Emperor Babur stands on the border of the town of Ayodhya. It is most unfortunate that Masjid should have been built on land specially held sacred by the Hindus, but as that event occurred 358 years ago, it is too late now to remedy the grievance. All that can be done is to maintain the parties in status quo. In such a case as the present one any innovation would cause more harm and derangement of order than benefit."

I think you are referring back to 1947, because your intellect says we hit the reset button on that day? Otherwise, can you show me the legal resoning for saying 'status quo' as of 1947?
The case is argued in court by competent lawyers from both sides and a Judgment passed. I do not see arguments made with reference to that date.

The Muslim board claim to the land is also based on usage of the land for 400 years (as of 1949).
One of the judges had even questioned regular usage.

Even Congress Party (check Kapil Sibal interview on channel18) has taken the stand that "Just because someone was praying at a site for years (meaning before and after 1947) does not give that title to the land.
The judgement in 1886 says, a crime was commited 400 years back but no remedy possible considering the sensitivity of the case. So status quo should be maintained. An Indian court has passed a Judgement in 2010 and it supercedes the judgement in 1886.

We are ruled by a Consitutuion and not by intellectual convenience of the time.
If you remember, the sangh parivar was the last to sign on to the notion. "The Court will be the final arrbitor". The Muslim board and the seculars always said court solution is final.

----------------------------------------------

In 1993 Indian Parliment passed a Law stating "All Religious Institutions will stand unchallenged based on their status as of 15-AUG-47" and gave exception to Ayodhya because a case is already pending in court.
Otherwise Independence day is not the D-Day when it comes to land disputes. Just because a Masjid stood there is not a reason a Muslim should hold the title.
The Majority judgment states, The Wakf Board nor Akhara can claim title due to time limitation (Meaning no individual held the title). The only person left standing is "Ram Lalla". The HC could have said all land belongs to "Ram Lalla", there is a possibility the SC can take that line.

This is exactly the type of reasoning that leads to some Hindus to think that the current India as a country should belong to them. August 15, 1947 is very important because that is when Modern India was born, with self rule that subsequently led to the adoption of a secular constitution (in general). This is a very dangerous precedence setting verdict. Please read this analysis: http://countercurrents.org/choudhary041010.html
By the way, if I am recollecting the events correctly, it was the Hindus who illegally and surreptitiously at the dead of night installed the idols right inside the mosque, even though they were given the space to worship separately.

I had quoted the legalities involved in this case, you seem to think this may lead Hindus to claim exclusive claim based on those laws. I feel your reasoning is unfounded.

I'm not able to access the link today, but i read it 2-3 days back. Assuming you are referring to 'S Choudhary' (formerly a US Professor). (Side Note: I had listened to some of these US Professor and i feel they have a hollow view. They don't understand the dynamics of Indian Politics/Society but try to superimpose american leftist views on Indian society )
He tries to link 'demolition of Masjid' with this case. There is a criminal case pending on demolition and this judgement cannot prejudice that by taking a stand. And he talked about 1947, which is again irrelavent.

=================

I like this judgment because, Allahabad HC being the lowest court of Appeal could only treat this as a 'civil suit' and pass judgement on title suit. There was no need for them to look at the emotions of the case.
An Hindu deity (because of how we define a deity) can become a petitioner in a case, The are many court cases in India and few cases in UK were a Hindu deity is the petitioner.
The SC has powers to widen the scope and i'm afraid that will bring a lot of unwanted baggage.

Obviously, the lower court has ruled based on political implications. I think this ruling opens up a Pandora's box and the SC ruling may well create additional issues. I do not think that the title case should have even be heard, let alone ruled. By the way, what about the Jains who also claim the land? ASI findings are immaterial to the case, in my opinion.

No, I do not see that HC judgement is based on political implications, can you show what political implications were considered? Please do not throw mud on the judiciary without any substantiation.

The SC will have no choice, if one of the litigants approaches them. Only the Govt can pass a Law to prevent that (That needs a Lot of leadership). This Govt has shunned any responsibility.

I'm very upset with Leftist trying to discredit ASI. ASI is one of the talented organization in India and have done a wonderful job in rewriting our history. They were recruited by the court and they did their job (Experts were bought in from Canada/Japan). Just to discredit them because they did not follow preferred version of history (like here Praful Bidwai on the Ayodhya excavation) is disgusting.

The courts were asked the question by one of the litigant, 'Did a temple exist before?'. None of the litigants opposed the need for that question. Now, the court is bound to answer that question.
They could have just said, its beyond courts capability to ascertain that.
But all three judges decided to go scientific and called ASI for their expertise. Now you are saying Science is irrelevant.
thanks,

Last edited:
Dear Sri rcscwc Ji,

I understand.

I want the Forum members to understand that you have essentially termed my logical argument as 'Kutarkam'. This is par for the course, because I have noticed that when you can not logically respond to an opposing view, you usually have an arsenal of words, such as 'cliches, kutarkam' etc. And you resort to generalized responses with snide remarks.

I have been a moderator on this Forum in the past. And I can say that your stance is not at all unique.

If you do not have the courage / rebuttal to argue logically to argue against an opposing view, please do not belittle the intelligence of our Forum members. I do not know where you posted in the past where your behaviour is accepted as normal, but this is a Forum for the civilized kind.

Again, it would be good if you point out where my response is 'Kutarkam'. I think you can not and so please stop this charade.

Regards,
KRS

I can always respond to a TARKA. But KU-TARKA I ignore.
तर्क कुतर्क

Dear KRS Ji,
I Object to your characterization in posting #77. If you were expecting a quick response, you can ask for it. Rather than throw mud.

And here is the response

My reasoning is in black
@KRS reasoning is in blue

thanks,

Sangh parivar is not a party to the suit. Period.

The matter came to court because negotiations were stalled. No party was prepared to budge. Political leadership too did not take it up, while it could.

Sangh parivar still believes only a legislative solution like Somnath is feasible.

Curious is the shift of the pseudos. In fact they plus the muslim board had taken it for granted that the verdict will favour them heavily.

more thinking, analysis and arguement means less 'commen sense'. even this discussion may tern to If god exist and if it not etc. etc. and atheist always will say that as god do not exist so the Ram mandir. the only thing is that they have no courage to say same senteces for god of other riligions.
leaving fight is always simple than fighting for convictions and justice. 'let this leave, let that leave' and one day let our religion and identity abandoned.

Last edited:
Dear Sri suresoo Ji,

You said:
Dear KRS Ji,

Believe me, I did not imply anything to throw any mud on you. I just saw you responding to some postings after mine and I have assumed that you would not respond. As you can see, my posting was justified, based on the response from the gentleman from Punjab.

This out of the way, let us discuss the topic.

If you look around the world today, any problem areas is about providing someone relief from what happened in the distant past. Be it the problem in Ireland, be it in Middle East, be it in the Mediterranean between Turkey and Armenians, etc., etc. These things will never be resolved, because the current generation, rightfully, do not think that they have to account for the sins of their forefathers.

Because India is so diverse, it is very easy to carry such notions of past wrong doings. That was why. Bharath was dissected. Jains and Buddhists carry to this day this sense of wrong doing by the majority.

So, how one resolves this? This is why August 15, 1947 is important. That is when India was born again, in a sense that we got a government that is for everyone. I do not want to punish any muslim for their forefathers' sins, as much as I should be punished for the sins of mine.

I know secularism is a dirty word in India. But in my opinion, that is the only way to govern. We need to understand that almost 30% of India (perhaps more) is non Hindu. And this if you charitably include the untouchables and adivasis as Hindus.

This is exactly why, we Hindus should follow restraint and claim our interest carefully. Very carefully.

To bring hundreds of years old grievances to today and putting pressure on a local judiciary that is more and more captive to politics (to wit : the arrest of the Kanchi Seers), is not the right thing to do.

This is why the Ayodhya status should be left to the staus as of August 15, 1947.

I think that this is why the Allahabad decision will be overturned by the SC.

Regards,
KRS

Dear KRS, I do not respond to kutaraka. Post somethinf re the implications.
What was there at Somnath as on 15/7/1947? A moseque and a grave yard. What is there now?

You want the Somnath temple.... ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear KRS, I do not respond to kutaraka.

Hello, I love a bit of gossip no less than any other person. So I was curious what post of Shri KRS you found to be kutarka.

Post #61 is where he expressed his views. There was lot that one could reasonably argue about in that post, but I did not find any kutarka there. If you found any part of that post "kutarka" could you please cite them?

Then I came upon post #77. In this post Shri KRS expressed his displeasure that he is being ignored. Perhaps this is what felt like kutarka to you. You may please confirm if you like.

You have now twice claimed kutarka from Shri KRS. Is it not within the bounds of common courtesy to identity what part of his post was kutarka?

Perhaps Shri KRS erred in expecting a response from you, but kutarka, really?!

Cheers!

Ayodhya Issue is based on faith and history. It will be very difficult to find a legal solution. Neither there are leaders who could claim sole representative of the two Religious Communities who have the courage to go for a compromise.

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

Dear KRS Ji,
In the earlier post(s) i gave the constitutional / legal reasoning for the way the verdict went. Looking at your below response it looks like you want to ignore that and look at the intellectual side of the argument

If you look around the world today, any problem areas is about providing someone relief from what happened in the distant past. Be it the problem in Ireland, be it in Middle East, be it in the Mediterranean between Turkey and Armenians, etc., etc. These things will never be resolved, because the current generation, rightfully, do not think that they have to account for the sins of their forefathers.
Because India is so diverse, it is very easy to carry such notions of past wrong doings. That was why. Bharath was dissected. Jains and Buddhists carry to this day this sense of wrong doing by the majority.
So, how one resolves this? This is why August 15, 1947 is important. That is when India was born again, in a sense that we got a government that is for everyone. I do not want to punish any muslim for their forefathers' sins, as much as I should be punished for the sins of mine.
I made a similar reasoning in "Reservation for Brahmins" in support of an 'Young Brahmin Student' with merit. my ideas were called feeble, a straw man and finally a caste-slander by the learned members of this forum.
Having made similar arguments, i'm compelled to analyze yours. The Problem in India is Our Historians were not that open like the western society. If we read the School/Early college History books none talks about the possible destruction/desecration of Hindu shrines by invading Mughals.
Even today most learned Historians (with marxist/leftist beliefs) say no such incidents happened and want to project mughal/colonial invasion as the best thing that happened to India. By closing the wounds air tight no healing happens and easily exploited by vested interest.

I know secularism is a dirty word in India. But in my opinion, that is the only way to govern. We need to understand that almost 30% of India (perhaps more) is non Hindu. And this if you charitably include the untouchables and adivasis as Hindus.
This is exactly why, we Hindus should follow restraint and claim our interest carefully. Very carefully.
Secularism in India is not as defined in Dictionary. Lallu/Mulayam are called one of the pillars of secular forces. We started of with Nerhu's version of Secularism (with atheistic leaning) which the RSS disliked most and wanted to break. It was broken with the emergence of BJP and Ram Mandir movement. Now Secularism is all about vote bank politics.

To bring hundreds of years old grievances to today and putting pressure on a local judiciary that is more and more captive to politics (to wit : the arrest of the Kanchi Seers), is not the right thing to do.
This is why the Ayodhya status should be left to the staus as of August 15, 1947.
I think that this is why the Allahabad decision will be overturned by the SC.
The SC would have to find faults in HC reasoning to overturn it. Considering all the 3 HC judges came to similar conclusions i wonder where the dissent will come from on the legal side. It will only muddy the water further if they overturn without strong reasoning.

If 1947 is the date to consider, it becomes 'no mans land' and govt gets the possession. Neither Congress nor BJP wants to be in that position. maybe a lalu should be made the PM before such verdict.

Indian society has shown maturity to accept court verdicts. This was evident with 'shah bano case' and Mandal judgement.
Even today Muslims did not take to streets on the verdict.

The Muslims were on the drivers seat and did not show magnanimity till date, but today Hindus are placed on drivers seat for the next few years. I think they should show magnanimity and resolve this dispute 'out of court'.

thanks,

Last edited:
Dear Shri KRS, Greetings!

...... These things will never be resolved, because the current generation, rightfully, do not think that they have to account for the sins of their forefathers.

[....]

I do not want to punish any muslim for their forefathers' sins, as much as I should be punished for the sins of mine.
Unrelated to the verdict discussion, I would like to make a comment about the principle of paying for the sins of the forefathers. Interestingly, earlier this week there was a news item that speaks to this principle, Germany finishes paying WWI reparations, ending century of 'guilt' - CSMonitor.com. The Haitians were made to pay an equivalent of $25 billion dollars to the French by the western powers -- Haiti paid this over 140 years.

"Sins" and "paying for" are quite loaded terms and evoke more passion than reason. So, I would like to paraphrase this to, "taking responsibility for the actions of our forefathers and act accordingly". For a society to reject this principle it must be a perfectly egalitarian and just one where the estate tax is 100%.

Cheers!

leave this, leave that, forget this, forget that. surrender to vendals and miscreants and rapist and criminals and terrorist and roudies and crowdist and goondas. we must cultivate these thoughts so as to reduce our expnse of police and courts and army.
we should become afganistan.
all these thoughts are due to the influence of the theory Economics is everything. which deny that there is something other than money and economic conditions which shapes the world (like politics, religion, fundamentalism and other convictions) once a person in infected by this views he thinks every thing only by that spectacle and there is the most simple and readymade answer he have for every problem. 'leave this, leave that'

Last edited:
Curious developements are taking place in Bihar. Lalu Paswan duo is trying to work out how to frghten the muslims to come to them. Nitish is uneasy if that happens. Congi is woried to death lest BJP be able to consolidate Hindus as a reaction to muslim consolidation. Muslims do not vote for BJP, so it has nothing to lose and might even be a gainer.

Curious developements are taking place in Bihar. Lalu Paswan duo is trying to work out how to frghten the muslims to come to them. Nitish is uneasy if that happens. Congi is woried to death lest BJP be able to consolidate Hindus as a reaction to muslim consolidation. Muslims do not vote for BJP, so it has nothing to lose and might even be a gainer.

Dear rcscwc Ji,
I understand Bihar / UP is hotbed for such polarization, but i think the polarization will be minimal / negligible. Your post seems to suggest Muslims will consolidate one way hence Hindus will consolidate other way (which is okay). I think it will be a Big mistake if BJP works to polarize.

Nitish had done a good job in last 5 years, so they should use that as the main election issue rather than attempt Hindu polarization.

My initial read is, BJP is just trying to validate its support for Ram Mandir and the Rath Yatras in the 90s and move on. As i said earlier BJP's main focus is to capture the lost middle class urban vote.

thanks,

Dear Sri rcscwc Ji,

I all along thought that Iwas posting something on the implications of the verdict, with arguments about why I do not agree with it.

Sir, if I may respectfully point out, the situations between Somnath and Ayodhya are quite different. Sri Patel Ji, and Sri KM Munshi Ji were able to renovate that temple, because the Muslims did not object. They understood our sentiments.

But with Ayodhya, even though the Muslims had the control of the Masjis, we went in and surreptitiously installed the idols, INSIDE THE MOSQUE. This is not a legal act in a democratic country. And then the incidence happened for political reasons, where a lots of lives were lost.

So, let me answer you. Yes, I am glad that the Somnath temple was renovated on LEGAL basis.

Can you say the same for Ayodhya? You talk about the Court decisions, based on titles! Who owned this land on August 15, 1947?

Regards,
KRS

Dear KRS, I do not respond to kutaraka. Post somethinf re the implications.
What was there at Somnath as on 15/7/1947? A moseque and a grave yard. What is there now?

You want the Somnath temple.... ??

Dear rcscwc Ji,
I understand Bihar / UP is hotbed for such polarization, but i think the polarization will be minimal / negligible. Your post seems to suggest Muslims will consolidate one way hence Hindus will consolidate other way (which is okay). I think it will be a Big mistake if BJP works to polarize.

Nitish had done a good job in last 5 years, so they should use that as the main election issue rather than attempt Hindu polarization.

My initial read is, BJP is just trying to validate its support for Ram Mandir and the Rath Yatras in the 90s and move on. As i said earlier BJP's main focus is to capture the lost middle class urban vote.

thanks,

Right now BJP does not seem to be doing anything. All the activity is by Laloo/Paswan vs Congi, with Nitish caught in the cross fire, though he too would gain by polarisation. BJP does feel vndicated, howesover hard one might deny. Mandir was its agenda, Period.

KRS ji
Somnath issue was resolved by an administrative action, not by a court. Period. And muslims were very much unhappy too.

Who permitted and idols in Ayodhya? Not RSS or VHP. Congi govt. Who allowed them to remain there for decades? Congi govt. Who unlocked the doors? Comngi? Who permitted the shilanyas? Congi govt. Who had the make shift temple built overnight? Congi govt. Who stoppede Congi from taking next step? None. But they did not have that last ounce of courage. It could have taken an administrative action and claimed all the credit. But they did not. Lack of courage, sir, not secularism.

Why can't a legislative action now to overturn the HC verdict? After all Congi govt had overturned the SC verdict in Shah Bano case.

Like it or not, religious sentiments play a big role. Going purely by law and constitution, UCC should have been there yesterday.

Dear Sri sresoo Ji,
I do not have anything to say about Indian Secularism except that both Gandhi Ji and Nehru Ji as well as Sri Patel believed in the concept of the State not sponsoring any religion with State funds. But we all kinow know how certain religious travels are subsidized by the State etc.

My response originally about the merits of the judgement itself. As I have said before, as of August 15, 1947, the Waqf Board had the ownership. So I don't understand the Court's judgement; seems like they have decided that mere possession is the law.

This judgement using historical bygones is what I am questioning. Next, is India going to try the descendants of Aurangazeb, for the crimes he has committed? Where to draw the line, based on past atrocities?

Regards,
KRS
Dear KRS Ji,
In the earlier post(s) i gave the constitutional / legal reasoning for the way the verdict went. Looking at your below response it looks like you want to ignore that and look at the intellectual side of the argument

I made a similar reasoning in "Reservation for Brahmins" in support of an 'Young Brahmin Student' with merit. my ideas were called feeble, a straw man and finally a caste-slander by the learned members of this forum.
Having made similar arguments, i'm compelled to analyze yours. The Problem in India is Our Historians were not that open like the western society. If we read the School/Early college History books none talks about the possible destruction/desecration of Hindu shrines by invading Mughals.
Even today most learned Historians (with marxist/leftist beliefs) say no such incidents happened and want to project mughal/colonial invasion as the best thing that happened to India. By closing the wounds air tight no healing happens and easily exploited by vested interest.

Secularism in India is not as defined in Dictionary. Lallu/Mulayam are called one of the pillars of secular forces. We started of with Nerhu's version of Secularism (with atheistic leaning) which the RSS disliked most and wanted to break. It was broken with the emergence of BJP and Ram Mandir movement. Now Secularism is all about vote bank politics.

The SC would have to find faults in HC reasoning to overturn it. Considering all the 3 HC judges came to similar conclusions i wonder where the dissent will come from on the legal side. It will only muddy the water further if they overturn without strong reasoning.

If 1947 is the date to consider, it becomes 'no mans land' and govt gets the possession. Neither Congress nor BJP wants to be in that position. maybe a lalu should be made the PM before such verdict.

Indian society has shown maturity to accept court verdicts. This was evident with 'shah bano case' and Mandal judgement.
Even today Muslims did not take to streets on the verdict.

The Muslims were on the drivers seat and did not show magnanimity till date, but today Hindus are placed on drivers seat for the next few years. I think they should show magnanimity and resolve this dispute 'out of court'.

thanks,

all must read the book on partition of India by former home secretary of India mr. Madhav Godbole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back