• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

IISc

Janaki Jambunathan

IISc means Iyer Iyengar Science Campus.

The entry of non-Brahmin scientists has not changed this image. Many virtues of Brahmin culture have been normalised in the scientific institutional settings. The domination of vegetarianism in India cannot be merely seen as food preference and choice as reports show that there are cases of discrimination on what one eats and cases reported on the existence of separate wash basins and entrances for vegetarians and non-vegetarians for example, as mentioned previously, in IIT Madras.

I was about to say my opinion that scientific research needs passion and patience the article itself told by a person named sudharshan.

Also if you go through the history of IISc we cannot afford to forget GNR fondly called GN Ramachandran physicist from TN created advanced centre in IISc, though almost all are TamBrahm as told in the post as well as referred post.

I have personally experienced whenever I had academic discussion with others they may not show interest but always they are clever in turning my academic discussion into money making with their business skills and hence they use education as a tool to make money and of course of late even TamBrahm are also marching towards that path with exemption of these higher institutes where still research is going on.

Absolutely no room for any casteism or elitism. So I understand why the article rightly focused on why other groups are not represented in IISC and if their is any systemic barriers to it.

But to me the larger issue they should have raised is what has all these elite insituions dominated by Brahmins and upper castes achieved?

Have they innovated any advanced super computers that beats the global super powers ?

Have they achieved any breakthrough on fundamental research areas or on applied area so like solar power, electric motors, wind turbines, etc ?

Have they innovated and setup any nation wide super information highway that connects all villages and towns and revolutionise education and skilling ?

Anything on pollution control ? Anything on garbage recycling ? Anything on climate change ?

Etc..

I mean, I see a farmers son Dr. Sivan leading ISRO to unprecented heights and these other so called elite insituions wading in age old caste discussions !!!

One of the biggest issues india is facing is lack of focus on "results results results", in every facet of our lives. This govt I love, so everything is hunky dory pa...all bureaucrats are suddenly doing a fantastic job that no one can see and feel....LOL.

This is what our (TamBrahm)drawback by going with inclusive by quoting one or two exceptional cases. If you have personal experience in any of the higher institutes for the past 30 years especially in in TN all the higher scientific research are waded with one or two or even none compared to highly populated TamBrahm in late 80s.

In my first sentence I told only we are going with inclusive appreciation but not vice versa, this I have watched in one of the interviews when he replied about the ex space scientist who is solely doing legal battle.

Also if you talk about the top, there are also many scientists involved and they may be unsung heroes/ heroines of TamBrahm.

Also recently I read a post in fb of brahmins, there, one girl told that she had broke the relationship when she was asked to change the religion and confessed that only we are going with inclusiveness and not vice versa.

We should feel happy atleast one institute is still have some presence.

Absolutely no room for any casteism or elitism. So I understand why the article rightly focused on why other groups are not represented in IISC and if their is any systemic barriers to it

Have they innovated any advanced super computers that beats the global super powers ? (#4)

Remember Fatima Latif of IIT (M) & Her unfortunate end and the left liberals protest against the teacher ?

The Situation is same in JNU because of left liberals !

We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teachers leave them kids alone
Hey, teachers, leave them kids alone
All in all it's just another brick in the wall
All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

Latest ads

Back