• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ideas . . . Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nail polish is available in all colours. :cool:

I 'painted' one brass pooja bell and a one year old gas lighter (metal body in steel), with silver colour nail polish.

Now, there is no need to scrub the bell with 'pitAmbari' to polish it and the gas lighter looks like new!

Got a few jackfruits from my garden. Shared with my local relatives and friends. Oh, with my friends from Delhi too! ;)

When I want to share the home-grown fruits with my loved ones, whom I will meet later, I process the fruits as yummy

stuff and store in the fridge! So, with the last fruit, I made two new items. One is sweet and the other is hot and sweet.

Sweet - Jack fruit halwa:

Cook the jackfruit 'chulai's (20) with some water; when cool, grind into a smooth paste; add half its volume of sugar and

a pinch of salt; heat one cup of ghee in a thick bottomed vessel; add a tablespoon of wheat flour; when aroma arises, add

the cooked pulp and sugar mix and keep stirring, till it leaves the sides well and ghee appears in the edge. Fry some broken

cashew nuts in ghee and add; Mix well and remove from fire. Store when cool.

Hot and sweet:

Cook the jackfruit 'chulai's (20) with some water; when cool, grind into a smooth paste; add one third volume of sugar, two

heap tablespoons of salt, two heap tablespoons of chilli powder and one teaspoon of citric acid crystals dissolved in water and

make a mixture; heat one cup of gingelly oil in a thick bottomed vessel, splutter a teaspoon of mustard seeds; pour the mixture

and keep stirring, till it leaves the sides well and oil appears in the edge.
Store when cool.

P.S: I used a wide non-stick pan instead of a thick bottomed vessel, to save time!
icon3.png

Madam Rajiji,
I could feel the smell and my mouth is drooling. As a jack fruit lover, I have an edpisode to narrate some time.

The boy who 'pluck's the jackfruit from the tree, used to cut the stem of the fruit and drop the fruit down! About one fourth

of the fruit will be over ripe by the time we cut it, after a couple of days and go waste! So, this year, I got a new idea to 'pluck'

it, without damage. The fruit to be cut was placed in a plastic bucket and the bucket's handle was tied to the tree. After cutting

the stem, the bucket was brought down with the fruit inside and no damage was done to the fruit! :thumb:

Got a few jackfruits from my garden. Shared with my local relatives and friends. Oh, with my friends from Delhi too! ;)

When I want to share the home-grown fruits with my loved ones, whom I will meet later, I process the fruits as yummy

stuff and store in the fridge! So, with the last fruit, I made two new items. One is sweet and the other is hot and sweet.

Cook the jackfruit 'chulai's (20) with some water; when cool, grind into a smooth paste; add half its volume of sugar and

a pinch of salt; heat one cup of ghee in a thick bottomed vessel; add a tablespoon of wheat flour; when aroma arises, add

the cooked pulp and sugar mix and keep stirring, till it leaves the sides well and ghee appears in the edge. Fry some broken

Hot and sweet:

Cook the jackfruit 'chulai's (20) with some water; when cool, grind into a smooth paste; add one third volume of sugar, two

heap tablespoons of salt, two heap tablespoons of chilli powder and one teaspoon of citric acid crystals dissolved in water and

make a mixture; heat one cup of gingelly oil in a thick bottomed vessel, splutter a teaspoon of mustard seeds; pour the mixture

Store when cool.

P.S: I used a wide non-stick pan instead of a thick bottomed vessel, to save time!
icon3.png
I certify it was heavenly.

I was a gazetted officer at the beginning of my career.lol

Hot and sweet:

Store when cool.

icon3.png
hi

thanks...i got a half piece of jack fruit in USA.....from local store.....i forwaded this to my wife for jack fruit halwa...

The batteries in my handset (telephone) moved a bit, each time we kept it on its stand and gave disturbing

noises while using! I kept a rubber band over the batteries and covered it. Now, batteries are in place! :cool:

However clean we keep our hands, continuous usage of a few things make their surface dirty! :(

I use the timer at least a dozen times per day - for putting off the stove / the water pump / the immersion heater; to wake up

after a nap; to get up from my PC and so on. After a few weeks, the white surface catches a few dark patches. The easiest way

I found, to clean it is: put a few drops of water on the dish washing bar ( I use VIM bar); make a paste; smear it on the dark

patches; let it dry; clean with a damp cloth and finally with a soft cloth. It sparkles like a brand new timer! :thumb:

From Google images:
tactile-long-ring-low-vision-timer-with-stand-white-dial_7497249.jpeg

When I deep cleaned my gas stove, the white marking on the knob disappeared due to rubbing! :(

Not to worry, when fevicol and chalk piece are available at home!

Powdered a bit of light blue chalk piece; made a paste adding fevicol; smeared it into the small depression

in the knob, where there white marking existed. Now, a beautiful blue mark is on the knob! :thumb:

Type of knob:

mEmqj2Wp63O6BgOHomAA5vA.jpg

Courtesy: Google images

When my b i l visits our sweet home, the first complaint usually will be about the keyboard of our P C. :typing:

I type so much that the letters fade away in no time! ;)

I never care about it because I type without seeing the keyboard but ONLY seeing the P C screen. :cool:

His visit is due in two week's time and a few letters are already 'missing'. This time, I did not worry to cut

the letters from a newspaper and stick them properly on the keys, as I did last time; but sought the help of

white enamel paint and an empty ballpen refill. I painted all the important keys in HUGE font!

Even in dim light, the letters and numbers are very bright! :thumb:

P.S: Last time, Prasad Sir suggested to get a new keyboard, since it is not expensive. :)

But me? :nono:, as long as the keyboard has soft touch!

Used shampoo bottle and face powder container will be useful to segregate small articles in the toilet kit.

Cut off the bottom portion of the plastic bottle / container and fix it to the small basket using double side

adhesive tape. Storing small articles is so :cool: !!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Idea 1.jpg
    Idea 1.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 376
is this reddai vadam chain you talking about. You kept one of it and made this. I actually understood like this. That is you kept one part of it and made it as a pendent for youngsters and another part of it, you did for exchange and got a new model chain. Is it the idea:ranger::juggle::cheer2:?

is this reddai vadam chain you talking about. You kept one of it and made this. I......
It was a very long chain and I wanted to give the old design, a new look! Hence I made a short chain with a pendant.

I exchanged the second part for a new design short chain. :)

A key holder need not be used ONLY for that purpose!

It can hold a small scissors, gas lighter ( it shines with the nail polish I applied on it ),

a small tongs and the three different filters - for coffee, tea and oil ! :cool:

attachment.php

Attachments

• filter stand.JPG
    filter stand.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 384
With a plastic container in which we bought sweets sometime back, I made a nice stand for my mobile phone.

Cut and fixed the lid vertically to the box. Filled up half of the box with Plaster of Paris paste, to make it sturdy.

Covered it with a printed paper, when dry. Now, I can do my household chores and cooking,

even while talking
to my siblings, by keeping the mobile on this stand, with its speaker ON!

Cool, right? :D

Mobile stand.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back