• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ideas . . . Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_3560.JPGThis is my kurai pudavai

hi

generally kurai pudavai in ARAKKU COLOR...red is sometimes ok...

I think people use all types of colours, these days.
I think the arunothayam colour like Raji ma'am mentioned also is popular.

You are correct, Daksha!

My koorai pudavai is still in tact! Maroon with pure zari. :)

Most sacred piece of cloth we will ever wear ???

It' just worn for a couple of hours but has so much sentimental value!!

Like the first bond between us and our husband is made.

The first time we wear a Madisar ??
(Since the I have never come out, only for a couple of weeks in between ???)

I heard that kurai pudavai must only be used only on couple of occasions during our life time , which are very very important events.

But how to quantify important events ??

Occasions are very many to wear the koorai pudavai.

Seemantham. ;) (Once in a life time, of course.)

On kAradaiyAn nOnbu and Varalakshmi nOnbu, the youngsters in our family wear their special saree, when they do the poojA. :cool:

I think people use all types of colours, these days.
I think the arunothayam colour like Raji ma'am mentioned also is popular.
hi

i like always ARAKKU COLOR KOORAI PUDAVAI...my both grandmas..maternal/paternal both wear ONLY MADISAR UPTO

DEATH.....the day got married in their teens...both grandmas married very young abt ten years old....till their

ninety years...both always in MADISAR....NO OTHER PUDAVAI...so i know very well abt MADISAR FROM MY CHILDHOOD..

even when they WENT to tent cinema theater...they went with MADISAR ONLY...LOL

Last edited:
hi

i like always ARAKKU COLOR KOORAI PUDAVAI...my both grandmas..maternal/paternal both wear ONLY MADISAR UPTO

DEATH.....the day got married in their teens...both grandmas married very young abt ten years old....till their

ninety years...both always in MADISAR....NO OTHER PUDAVAI...so i know very well abt MADISAR FROM MY CHILDHOOD..

even when they WENT to tent cinema theater...they went with MADISAR ONLY...LOL

Wow so they spent 80 years in Madisar

It's going to be same with me

I only have spent around 5 weeks in Madisar and I am wondering how I will spend rest of my life in Madisar.

One thing is that your grand mothers were not used to any other clothing other than Madisar so it might have been easy.

But after wearing shalwar /trousers/ skirt for most part and the occasional normal saree , wearing Madisar 24 x 7 is extremely hard.

If your grandmothers were wearing Madisar since early teens I wonder how they would have managed to put the saree on them.

Wow so they spent 80 years in Madisar

It's going to be same with me

I only have spent around 5 weeks in Madisar and I am wondering how I will spend rest of my life in Madisar.

One thing is that your grand mothers were not used to any other clothing other than Madisar so it might have been easy.

But after wearing shalwar /trousers/ skirt for most part and the occasional normal saree , wearing Madisar 24 x 7 is extremely hard.

If your grandmothers were wearing Madisar since early teens I wonder how they would have managed to put the saree on them.
hi

it may hard for us...not for them...becoz their moms/grandmothers were same system...so its nothing new to them..even

every time.... even in cinema theater too.. i remember my childhood days...

hi

it may hard for us...not for them...becoz their moms/grandmothers were same system...so its nothing new to them..even

every time.... even in cinema theater too.. i remember my childhood days...

True

Dear T B S Sir,

We have been discussing about madisAr in two threads and it has reached a saturation point!

Now back to some other ideas!
icon3.png

Summer has started and ants will start hunting for food to store for the rainy days. Sometimes kitchen slabs will be infested

by them. To keep them at bay, mix a teaspoon of any cleaning gel with lemon smell (I use Vim gel) with some water and wipe

all
over the slabs and the gas stove. Ants hate lemon smell and will :bolt:!!

Dear T B S Sir,

We have been discussing about madisAr in two threads and it has reached a saturation point!

Now back to some other ideas!
icon3.png

Don't worry Raji Ma'am plenty more to come.

I am just giving a break !!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

hi daksha,

just info....i like always admired in MADISAR....even i feel very kick in madisar than bikni...i never like/get in bikni or any other dress...

madisar has more attraction than any other dress...

????

Since when did you need to get into a bikini?LOL

Can someone kindly explain to me what is a Kurai Pudavai?
The special saree which is worn at the time of tying the knot!

Girls wear it in the particular style specified for their community, for the first time, on the wedding day. :).

Girls wear it in the particular style specified for their community, for the first time, on the wedding day. :).
hi renu,

right answer from right person in a right time....lah....

:).

Get it...its the wedding saree.

I always joke with husband..I tell him that I will only wear the saree twice in my life..that is 1st worn during the wedding and 2nd time would be at my funeral!LOL

Let us talk of lighter things.

Handloom sarees.

Jaya jaitly a social activist lives in a world of handloom sarees.

She along with craft activist Laila Tyabji and Thumri singers Vidya rao are connoisseurs of hand woven fabrics.

Jaya has a collection of 230 sarees. 30 are " Dressy" meant for weddings and receptions . The others "Non dressy" are meant for day to day.

Some are a bit old but she has kept them as their patterns and designs are unique which one no longer sees today according to her.

Even the blinds in her drawing room are ,well, these sarees..

I am sure many would like to peek into her sari closet which are stacked neatly with her sarees.

Get it...its the wedding saree....
Dear Renu,

I wrote the occasion when it is worn first because Tambrahm girls get six silk sarees for the two day wedding.

1. Vratham (First day morning)

2. NichayathArtham (First day evening)

3. Oonjal (Wedding day morning - This is bought by maternal uncle(s) )

4. Koorai pudavai (during mAngalyadhAraNam and following rituals - bought by the Groom's parents)

5. GruhapravEsam (now a days, when Bride goes to the Groom's room in the mandapam)

6. Nuptials saree!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back