• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

I want KRSji back

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people who have been following the thread "Why" and "God Exists", this is no news. For others, let me state that this is a continuation of the discussions in those threads and this new thread "I want KRSji back" is based on a suggestion from Renuka in post 2109 in "God Exists" thread.

Again, this is not against any member but to state that moderator is the final autority in the forum. I am not happy with the resignation of a moderator (in this case KRSji) to please a few members. So, I ask members to participate in saying 'Yes" or "No' to this thread so that Praveenji can take a final decision.

Poll: I want KRSji back
Haridasa Siva's choice: YES

NOTE:
Praveenji: I believe this is in the larger interests of the forum. But if you find this thread inappropriate, you may close/remove this thread. I take no offence.

Renuka's choice: YES

Dear KRS Ji, I respect your decision to resign but this vote is just to show that I want you back as a moderator.

Dear Praveen..I hope you dont mind and as Haridas suggested..if you feel its inappropriate you can close off this thread.

Where is the Poll? please add a Poll with Yes/No/Dont Care
A Poll is better because it gives instant count and counts correctly for each of us

Where is the Poll? please add a Poll with Yes/No/Dont Care
A Poll is better because it gives instant count and counts correctly for each of us

That is a good suggestion. Thanks. But I don't know how to create a poll. Praveenji can perhaps help?

I have added the poll with 2 options.

My vote is YES. As an individual i may not be able to change his mind, but i am letting this stay so he can see for himself and decide.

learn to say 'no' to the good, so you can say 'yes' to the best.

having quoted that,all along my life, i never questioned the integrity of the match referee, their eye sight 'yes'.

My Vote is - "YES".... I wish Shri Krs to be gearing up as a Moderator again..

My favorable Vote is not just because Shri KRS is in the picture. It's based on descipline, attitude and respect towards
www.tamilbrahmins.com , the platform that is doing a great service to all it's members. My favorable vote would be for any one who may be in the current situation of Shri KRS.

Shri Praveen,

Isn't it possible to program such a way that, the pole appears popping up, the moment a member signs in so that no one would miss casting their vote in fovor or in against?

Or isn't possible atleast to keep this thread tittle "Blinking" ever (till the closer of the thread) , when it get's listed under "General Discussion" Forum?

Just a thought. So that no one would miss such a voting thread...

dear Mr. Siva,
Please click on the vote (if you have not done so already)
since it is showing one vote less than the number of "yes"!

For the people who have been following the thread "Why" and "God Exists", this is no news. For others, let me state that this is a continuation of the discussions in those threads and this new thread "I want KRSji back" is based on a suggestion from Renuka in post 2109 in "God Exists" thread.

Again, this is not against any member but to state that moderator is the final autority in the forum. I am not happy with the resignation of a moderator (in this case KRSji) to please a few members. So, I ask members to participate in saying 'Yes" or "No' to this thread so that Praveenji can take a final decision.

Haridasa Siva's choice: YES

NOTE:
Praveenji: I believe this is in the larger interests of the forum. But if you find this thread inappropriate, you may close/remove this thread. I take no offence.

Dear Sri. KRS, Greetings.

I sincerely hope, you are reading this message.

You resigned your moderator post since fw members threatened to leave if you are the moderator.

I understand you did that for the benefit of this forum.

Suppose, if you are placed in a catch-22 situation. What will you do?

Let's hypothetically say, if you resign, if you don't resume as a moderator, let's say few members leave. Members like Sowbagyavathy Renuka, Sowbagyavathy Visalakshi Ramani, Sowbagyavathy Raji Ram, Chi. C. Ravi, Sri. Haridas and let's say few more members of insignificance like myself. What are you going to do?

Sir, sometimes life presents very delicate situations and dilemmas. We have to make a decision that's good for our own self esteem and self satisfaction. Kindly look at all the fingers in your right hand... now, keep your palm facing you. If someone says you shouldn't be the moderator, kindly fold your pinky, ring finger, first digit and the thumb. it is nice exercise. It always boost up your morale.

Cheers!

dear Mr. Siva,

That is a good observation/guess. Thanks. I have since voted. Wonder why only 12 so far... Silent members continue to be silent??? I think it is our duty to stand by the moderator of the forum who is offering such a wonderful service to us.

Praveenji: Thanks for making the poll.

Last edited:
namaste everyone.

Since Praveen has done away with intrusive moderation, I think shrI KRS can resume his work as a moderator in the interests of the forum, within the ambit of the new rules, as intrusive moderation was felt excessive by many members here (I am one among them, although I am not familiar with the recent developments due to my staying away). I have, therefore, voted Yes for KRS to continue as a moderator.

To be fair to every body here I write this:

1. I believe that the voice of truth/fairness is always in a minority. In every situation where majorityism wins the voice of truth/fairness is muffled/silenced. Those who do not agree with this may keep their counsel as I do not want to start a thread arguing the pros and cons of this truth.

2. Coming to this poll it would be fair only if every member in this forum gets to know the complete picture behind all that happened here. For that the posts which were branded offensive and deleted will all have to be reintroduced here and a poll conducted on each of them to know the opinion of the honourable members of this forum as to their offensive nature.

3. The basic kernel for the resignation of the moderator and the chorus inviting him to come back lies in the method of moderation adopted by him and if a poll is thought of as the right method to determine the status of him as a moderator or not then it would be fair only if a series of polls are conducted on the underlying root cause as suggested in 2 above.

4. This does not mean that I have anythning personal against the moderator Shri KRS. If anything I am a critic of his methods only. I have my regards for his views as a member of this forum.

5. This also does not mean that I am siding with any one in this forum. I do not belong to any gang or clique. I am a lone wolf. I do not even exchange PMs with any one here unless it is a response to a PM received by me.I have serious differences with the views of those who have left the forum a few days back and nothing has happened to change my views on that. In fact some of them have come back and are gloating over their 'success'. I will be engaging them separately.

6. Fairness and justice would demand that the decision on the given poll should not be published without knowing members' views through a series of pollsl on the method adopted for deletion of posts/moderation. If this is not possible then this poll should also be dropped as unnecessary as it will only help increasing the conflicts and will amount to encouraging divisiveness.

A humble suggestion and I hope it is left to stand as it is without deletion/moderation. Dear Praveen please give a thought to this.

Yes. I too want Mr. KRS back here--as a member participating in the discussions.

Cheers.

Last edited:
i second suraju's post #16.

i am sick and tired of the mob mentality, and the crashing of the gates demanding KRS be back as a moderator.

this whole thing has to do with moderation, and how it is perceived. one has to remember, that disparate members, such as suraju, saidevo, nara, sangom, myself, Y and others, have all felt, that it was an arbitrary, 'mood of the moment' call.

personally, dinging KRS first, bringing him back, does not do anyone good, including KRS, as he is now, a hostage of the new mob mentality.

at this point, maybe a 48 hour break is needed. to give time to praveen, and the rest, to think, what is good for the forum.

the reason, for all the changes initiated by praveen, was because, these people provided value and benefit to all of us.

let these people go, and you guys between all of you who voted here, fill in the gaps and ensure that there is enough traffic in the forum, generate some revenue, generate some interest and guarantee all this to praveen. otherwise it is empty talk.

Shri.skraju ji,

I appreciate your sense of fairness and justice. But no member can bring in a situation where the moderator has to quit. Moderator's decision (right or wrong) should be final. I don't think it would be prudent to go into the "history and geography" of what forced KRSji to quit. The purpose of this poll is only to invite KRSji back AS A MODERATOR. This poll, in my opinion, would not "increase conflicts or encourage divisiveness". I am not saying this because I started the thread. It is to restore and reinforce order to the forum.
I hope you know for sure that I have nothing either for or against any individual in this forum.

dear Mr. Siva,

i thought you would have deciphered my post #8.

i say, again and again, i don't take any sides. i don't engage with or respond to nara or happy, but interestingly, i have pressed many a LIKES for nara's posts.. thats me!!. im a kind of fido dido (soft drink 7 up cartoon), for whom'being normal is just boring'. i have even send PM to sh.Sangom sir to join back, though my views are entirely opposite.. matter of fact, his posts sometimes aggravate and annoys me. still i pressed many likes to him

back to the point.. had this been a week ago, i would have pressed ten times YES button. but having read,read,read,re-read one of the acrid/personal post by KRS directed towards sh.kunjuppu, i was forced to take a back seat.

is there any option here, to press both the YES & NO buttons, simultaneously (!)

I feel KRS should be restored as a moderator. If he has played by the rules, I see no reason to bring him down.
Even if there was error in judgement, I dont see why that should be determined as fatal.
I see this poll as a judgement against a few who behind the scenes holed up an individual and took the forum and the rest of us to ransom.
This poll is in condemnation of those unruly minority.

How is that a person of your reputation and popularity never objected to the mob throwing out a just man?

If I remember correctly you supported the silent stubborn MOB by remaining silent along with them!

If this is gate crashing...
what was that they did?
A person's crushing?

Everyone here is sick and tired of MOBOCRACY.

THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION STILL REMAINS...

WHO CONSTITUTE THE MOB???

i am sick and tired of the mob mentality, and the crashing of the gates demanding KRS be back as a moderator.

this whole thing has to do with moderation, and how it is perceived. one has to remember, that disparate members, such as suraju, saidevo, nara, sangom, myself, Y and others, have all felt, that it was an arbitrary, 'mood of the moment' call.

personally, dinging KRS first, bringing him back, does not do anyone good, including KRS, as he is now, a hostage of the new mob mentality.

at this point, maybe a 48 hour break is needed. to give time to praveen, and the rest, to think, what is good for the forum.

the reason, for all the changes initiated by praveen, was because, these people provided value and benefit to all of us.

let these people go, and you guys between all of you who voted here, fill in the gaps and ensure that there is enough traffic in the forum, generate some revenue, generate some interest and guarantee all this to praveen. otherwise it is empty talk.

I have no qualms about it, and I care the least what methodology one adapts to get richer.
But, But I do worry about how the words TamilBrahmins is being (mis)used, and I do have an identity attached with it.

So my impression that you are one of the

mischievous Siva ganas is right!!! Right???

i thought you would have deciphered my post #8.

i say, again and again, i don't take any sides. i don't engage with or respond to nara or happy, but interestingly, i have pressed many a LIKES for nara's posts.. thats me!!. im a kind of fido dido (soft drink 7 up cartoon), for whom'being normal is just boring'. i have even send PM to sh.Sangom sir to join back, though my views are entirely opposite.. matter of fact, his posts sometimes aggravate and annoys me. still i pressed many likes to him

back to the point.. had this been a week ago, i would have pressed ten times YES button. but having read,read,read,re-read one of the acrid/personal post by KRS directed towards sh.kunjuppu, i was forced to take a back seat.

is there any option here, to press both the YES & NO buttons, simultaneously (!)

My vote is YES.
But is this the best way to show our support for Dr. KRS?
The group of "respected" members who demanded and won his withdrawal are already gloating. This may become one more thing to beat their chest.
I feel Dr. KRS is too much of a gentleman to bow down to such requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back