• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

I marvel the science and technology!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respected members,

I am a Nurse. Presently for a short time, I work in an operation theatre. I get deputed a lot to assisst Ceasarean deliveries.

I need to explain the setting... The delivering mother gets either an epidural or spinal aneasthetics. A screen and a drape gets erected across the mothers chest just below the breast level. The top half of the mother is conscious, talking, laughing....on the other side of the screen, the lower abdomen is cut open to get the baby out. I stand closely watching the abdominal cavity...anything can go wrong...the nurse should be ready to assisst the surgeon at a moment's notice.

I have done a few of this procedure. Still I can't get my head around to realise the aneasthetic effect! The lower half is cut open while the top half is making jokes!

Cheers!

Wonderful Raghy.

Last year I had a small surgery but they gave full anesthesia.

Vomiting sensation after getting consciousness was also irritating.

If local anesthesia is possible, nothing like that.

All the best

not so quick rvr.

my wife had epidural for our first born. her left leg, for the next 6 months, had a mind of its own - and would turn and go where it pleases, unlike the rest of the body, which obeyed her command.

fortunately, all went per normal in 6 months. no epidurals from then on.

raghy, yes. life itself is a miracle. current day anaesthetics are the biggest blessings of modern medicine.

as late as mid 50s they could not use chloroform (the anaesthetic of that day) on tuberculosis surgery. my aunt had t.b. and the surgery to remove the damaged portions of her lungs was done without any drugs.

poor poor thing. weeks before the surgery she used to get uptight and crazy. essentially, they tied her to the bed, and cut her open, and removed t.b. infected parts of the lungs. i still weep when i think of it.

raghy, definitely a miracle. i agree. :)

Sri.Kunjuppu,

as late as mid 50s they could not use chloroform (the anaesthetic of that day) on tuberculosis surgery. my aunt had t.b. and the surgery to remove the damaged portions of her lungs was done without any drugs.

poor poor thing. weeks before the surgery she used to get uptight and crazy. essentially, they tied her to the bed, and cut her open, and removed t.b. infected parts of the lungs. i still weep when i think of it.

When I read it, I feel like crying. I sincerely pity your aunt.

Respected members,

I am a Nurse. Presently for a short time, I work in an operation theatre. I get deputed a lot to assisst Ceasarean deliveries.

I need to explain the setting... The delivering mother gets either an epidural or spinal aneasthetics. A screen and a drape gets erected across the mothers chest just below the breast level. The top half of the mother is conscious, talking, laughing....on the other side of the screen, the lower abdomen is cut open to get the baby out. I stand closely watching the abdominal cavity...anything can go wrong...the nurse should be ready to assisst the surgeon at a moment's notice.

I have done a few of this procedure. Still I can't get my head around to realise the aneasthetic effect! The lower half is cut open while the top half is making jokes!

Cheers!

Thank u for sharing the knowledge and experience. I cannot help mentioning here that decades ago Idi Amin of Uganda was operated, on his dictatorial insistence, without anaesthesia. Sort of spirit of man against science. He was a defiant anti-human.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back