• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

I am 76 and like to live upto the values and practices of a Brahmin but am far from it.

P N Narayanan

I am 76 and like to live upto the values and practices of a Brahmin but am far from doing so. Perhaps there is no great merit in my opinions. But one thing I have observed in 50 years of living in the North after practically never having left Chennai till I was 25, is that not only Brahminical but Sanatani customes, family values and even food systems, have much more in common all over India than we are habituated to assume

What do you mean by "no great merit in my opinions?"
What are the so-called values you are referring to?
What are the practices that are referring to?
If one ponders how they are connected, it would make life much more clearer.

The values of different varnas are how you ideally live given your nature by virtue of your varna. Just as sanatana describes way of life so are these. Being a brahmin is much less about belonging to a rigid caste than living in a harmonious way and being loving and respectful. The values are generic applicable to all humans.

Latest ads

Back