• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hyderabad: 50 child labourers set free

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

index_18.jpg

South Zone police raided secret bangle manufacturing units again and rescued over 50 child labourers early on Saturday at Bhavaninagar.
Most of the children had been brought from Bihar by agents a few months ago. The police, following up on a tip-off, arrested seven agents.“We found 80 youngsters inside the units. Later, we found that more than 50 were below 14 years old,” said South Zone additional DCP K. Babu Rao.
All the kids were exposed hazardous working condition and were put up in a small rooms. They were also not allowed to go outside. The kids were paid up to `2,500 per month.
“They were fed not properly and were living in miserable condition. All these kids were forced into bonded labour with the consensus of their parents,” a senior official said.
The city police last year rescued around 500 children hailing from Bihar and Odisha who were working in hazardous industries in the Old City, and arrested several persons. In December last year, police had rescued another 44 kids.
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/1601...article/hyderabad-50-child-labourers-set-free

It pains me deeply to see children being exploited like this.
When I expressed my anguish this time in India, the educated people in India were not outraged at this treatment.
They even expressed that it might be better for children (and family) to be in service. They told me that accept that nothing better is possible. That is their fate. I do not know Indian condition any better to suggest the alternatives. There must be one, India can do better.

As long as we have govt for the well offs alone,there is no soluton to bonded youngsters and adults from backward states.

releasing them as a knee jerk reaction does not lead anywhere.

after sometime they will get bonded again as there there is no other way they can make a living.

we have a callous state and equally bad parents who give birth to kids with no means to support them.

china with its one child policy limited the issue of parents from not well off families bearing many children.

prosperity of the poor s the only solution. thats far away.

In Sivakasi / Sattur / Kovilpatti areas, there exist some hidden work spots wherein the practice of child labour is in vogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back