• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How old is Grandpa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namassadhasae.

I just share the contents of a mail received by me, since I found the contents worth it.

:dizzy:
=
How Old Is grandpa?

Stay with this -- the answer is at the end. It will blow you away.

One evening a grandson was talking to his grandfather about current events.
The grandson asked his grandfather what he thought about the shootings at schools, the computer age, and just things in general..

The Grandfather replied, "Well, let me think a minute, I was born before:
Television, Penicillin,Polio shots, Frozen foods,Xerox
Contact lenses,Frisbees and the pill

There were no:

credit cards, laser beams or ball-point pens

Man had not invented:

pantyhose, air conditioners,dishwashers,clothes dryers
and the clothes were hung out to dry in the fresh air and man hadn't yet walked on the moon
Your grandmother and I got married first ………. And then lived together.
Every family had a father and mother.
I call every man older than me, “Sir”, from my boyhood.
We were taught to know the difference between right and wrong and to sende up and take responsibility for our actions.
We thought fast food was what people ate during Lent.
Having a meaningful relationship meant getting along with your cousins.
Time-sharing meant time the family spent together in the evenings and weekends – not just shoppings.
We never heard pf FM radios, tape decks, CDs, yogurt or guys wearing earrings.
We listed to Big Bands, Jack Benny, and the President’s speeches on our radios.
If you saw anything with ‘Made in Japan’ on it, it was junk.
The term ‘making out’ referred to how you did on your school exam.
Pizza Hut, McDonald’s, and instant coffee were unheard of.
We had 5 & 10 cent stores where you could ctually buy things for 5 and 10 cents.
In my day:
‘coke’ was a cold drink.
‘Chip’ meant a piece of wood.
‘Hardware’ was found in a hardware store and ‘software’ was not even a word.
And we were the last generation to actually believ that a lady needed a husband to have a baby.
No wonder people call us” old and confused” and say there is a generation gap, and how old do you think I am?
I bet you have this old man in mind…..you are in for a shock!
Are u ready???
[FONT=&quot]This man would be only 59 years old[/FONT]. :dizzy:

=

......stranger than fiction! interesting!.......the young grandpa sounds absolutely good! with a great memory store, and ready, well-equipped in temperament, and keen to take on the next forty years or so, ahead! cheers!

I remember my father fitted first tube light and fan in our house.

Radio was available only in few houses in our agraharam and my friends use to come to my house to listen to the Cricket commentary.

Only one phone was available in our village. There was no dial up facility and telephone operator use to connect the numbers. There was no STD facility and we have to make trunk calls only for long distance.

I remember when bus was introduced in our village. We normally use bullock carts in rough roads to reach the nearby town. Cycle was quite popular but power driven two wheelers were a rare commodity. Car was known as `Pleasure'. Initial starting of the cars was done through a iron lever as starter motors were not inbuilt in the cars.

Trains use to run on coal engines.

They are all sweet memories.

All the best

.....and, some of us 'collected' the cinema notices with synopsis of the story and also cinema 'pattu-pusthakam'! (and, match labels from match boxes)......after train journeys, the li'l children had red eyes from coal grain going into eyes, because they refused to sit away from windows! anyone remember the "Standard 8 and Standard 10" cars?! -- rj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back