• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How many days to visit Acharyas / kuladheivam after cousin's demise

Namaskarams,
There is no bar to visit our Gurus. But, for one year, you cannot visit temples at hill top and temples which have dwajasthambam. So Girivalam is also barred.

My cousin brother passed away recently couple of months back. the rituals are performed by his younger brother. Since my father is alive, I don’t do any tharpanam.

The theetu period is over and I have a doubt,that for how many days we should not visit hilltop temples, visit kuladheivam temple and also visit Acharyas/revered Gurus.

Please guide.
Sir
It is best to consult your Family Vadhyar on these issues.
Normally we are told that we should not visit Kula-Deivam temples for a year.
I have also heard several Vadyars telling that there is no bar on visiting any other temples provided you dont perform any Archana.
Is this cousin brother from your fathers' side?
Basically the rules are very strict for the 'Karthas', and a bit more relaxed for other, in these modern times.
So, consult your elders and your 'Aathu-Vadyar' and proceed.

My cousin brother passed away recently couple of months back. the rituals are performed by his younger brother. Since my father is alive, I don’t do any tharpanam.

The theetu period is over and I have a doubt,that for how many days we should not visit hilltop temples, visit kuladheivam temple and also visit Acharyas/revered Gurus.

Please guide.

Latest ads

Back