• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Homams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Ramaswamy I1. Koosmanda homam is performed to get rid of all dhosas there are 3 anuvaaham to be performed as homam with samith annam aajyam.
2. Proupatha homam i understand as lPropoputhra homam i.e tobe done one whos is alive and his grand son ils blessed with a male chil i.e propouthra of the
person. Thre is procedure for this homam. if it is so confirm this.

3. Kanakaabiseham is for a male/ female is it Sadhaabisekaqm. Kanakabisekam to be performed with propouthra homam . so kindly claify the doubts. I will
anser what things I know. Rajappa Namakkal,

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply.

1) I was told that, anybody going abroad, has to perform Kooshmanda Homam, immediately on his return. Then only he is qualified to perform anything at home. Is it so?

2) I am blessed with a grandson through our second son. We want to perform Propouthra Homam and Kanakabhishekam to our mother (our father attained God's abode 4 years back). Is it OK? If so I would like to know the procedure.

Thanks

R.Ramaswami

Dear Ramaswamy

I am telling the facts to the best of my knowledge. I know many people are going abroad especialy for doing Pooja to temples at abroad. I heard form them that
Sethu Snanam or Samudra Snanam is enough. Ater taking Samudra snanam they are performing their daily duties at temples situated in India. They are not doing
koosmanda homam each and every time when they returned from abraid,o

Dear Ramaswamy Due to some ugent work yesterday I am not able to complete the reply.Regarding Kanakabisekam I understand that you want to perform Kanakabisemam to your mother. Your mother has probouthram i.e son of her powtran i.e kyour pouthran. So it is better to perform the Proboutra santhi and Kanakabisekam both.
for Probourra santhi you should placfe 9 Kalasam and Avahan lakshminarayan and do poojan and homam. fo Kanakabisemam on the same day you perform the same. From your wording I understand that on ly your mother is alive. If that case you should perform poojas on her behalf including her name along with your family memebrs and do
Ayusya homam, Navahraha Homam etc. and after completion of the homam the holy water has to be poured on her using Sahasradhara at that time you place gold /silver coin. flowers etc as per your convenience by place the same on the vessal and also on her body. after referesing her donamaskarams and receive gthe gold/siolver cons flowers aas parasadam with her blessings and kept in your pooja room or as per your convenice. i am not having your mail id. if you need any further clarifications or any doubts calll me or mail me..Rajappa Namakkalt

Dear Ramaswamy Due to some ugent work yesterday I am not able to complete the reply.Regarding Kanakabisekam I understand that you want to perform Kanakabisemam to your mother. Your mother has probouthram i.e son of her powtran i.e kyour pouthran. So it is better to perform the Proboutra santhi and Kanakabisekam both.
for Probourra santhi you should placfe 9 Kalasam and Avahan lakshminarayan and do poojan and homam. fo Kanakabisemam on the same day you perform the same. From your wording I understand that on ly your mother is alive. If that case you should perform poojas on her behalf including her name along with your family memebrs and do
Ayusya homam, Navahraha Homam etc. and after completion of the homam the holy water has to be poured on her using Sahasradhara at that time you place gold /silver coin. flowers etc as per your convenience by place the same on the vessal and also on her body. after referesing her donamaskarams and receive gthe gold/siolver cons flowers aas parasadam with her blessings and kept in your pooja room or as per your convenice. i am not having your mail id. if you need any further clarifications or any doubts calll me or mail me..Rajappa Namakkalt

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your detailed reply. Will do as informed.
R.Ramaswami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back