• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hindus Unity...Need of The Hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
namaste Renuka.

The country column of the signing form has a drop-down box that lists all the countries, so it must be okay for the overseas people to sign. There is no explicit indication that any non-Hindu or overseas people cannot participate.

Dear Saidevo...

Thanks..I just signed too..
I saw Malaysia listed there too..must tell fellow Malaysian Amala to sign up too..

namaste.

For a practical start, let us participate in the signature campaign here against 'A Draconian law targeting faith' which is about to be passed by the Maharashtra government:

Oppose Black Magic Bill: A Draconian law targeting faith
Black Magic Bill

We have over 8000 members here in TBF. If most members participate in the signature campaign, it could make a difference.

I have today signed to support it, on knowing about from an email.

The bill doesn't talk against any religion including Hindu religion.

It has a proviso clause to exempt normal religious practices.

There are various Christian groups as well as Hindu God men claiming supernatural/miraculous powers. They indulge in cheating common man and torture them also through crude practices. These people will be affected by the proposed legislation and I think we should not have any sympathy for such fraudulent God men.

Let us go through each and every provision and if any particular section is interfering with our normal religious practice, let us oppose it.

I don't see any provision in the draft bill by which Kanchi Sankaracharya could be booked under these laws. He is not performing any miracles or does any crude practice harming any body.

In a country where lot of innocent and illiterate people are fooled by fraudulent God men, such a law is a must.

Government is duty bound to protect its citizens from fraudulent God men and they should be empowered with proper legislation for the same.

I request our members to go through individual provisions of the bill and come out with objectionable portions.

All the best

I completely agree with Sri. SankaraNarayanan ji. The need of the hour is UNITY. Instead of correcting and completing others, let us try to understand what they mean and let us be united. By correcting and completing others, some Gopal or some Narayanan or some Sivasubramaniam can go but the the whole community will not improve as one. Whoever you are, trying to correct others - you are great, but what you have done to help others who are not as good as you. If people began to think to humbleness and try to help others, the whole community will come up rather than one or two individual become world famous. Learn from the unity of Kerala. It is never too late.

There is a clear cut provision in the bill to exempt regular religious practices under Sec 13

Section 13. For the removal of doubt, it is hereby declared that nothing in this Act, shall apply to the acts involving religious rites and rituals which does not adversely affect any person mentally, physically or financially.

Indian Constitution provides enough safe guards to individuals to practice their faiths and this particular legislation cannot supersede the Constitution. It it violates the constitution then it can be challenged in a court of law.

The proposed law is basically to prevent Human Sacrifice (Nara Bali), black magics, crude practices etc.

All the best

Last edited:
Dear all,

i have read it...I object to it anyhow..thats why I signed it..
You know..this links cannot be open in some countries...so I had to get help of someone close to me to just get the text and help me circulate this...

I find this Bill a bit illogical and unfair..
Well it will be food for some..like how the devas partake their share of Soma Juice..
This Bill will be food for some...See you cant eat some portions and throw the rest..you have to decide to eat or not to eat..

This is a silly thread. In the first place, the initiator of this thread does not even know how to write. Secondly, everyone knows that all the troubles we see in India today are due either directly or indirectly to Brahmins. In fact, I would go so far as to say that the Muslims and the British got a foothold in India due to the mountains of sin committed by the Brahmins in India. It is great fun to see the mass conversions of the lower classes into Christianity, Islam and Buddhism on a daily basis. Soon the money grabbing temples of South India will all be empty of worshipers, and the uppity bigoted Brahmins will not have anyone to subjugate and oppress. What a great day it will be for India then. The yoke of the caste system which the Brahmins burdened upon others for thousands of years will finally be broken ! God is no respecter of persons, be they Brahmins or otherwise.

I am convinced by the points and issues raised in the expert analysis, specially about the provisions in the current IPC for the offences envisaged to be brought under the Black Magic Bill Draft.

We have politicians who plunder the nation, fake doctors who plunder the gullible, sellers of expired drugs and food articles backed by political forces, and many other anti-social and anti-national elements who have a free run at the slightest provocation. Why should not the Central and State governments do something that will be effective in bringing them to book quickly with deterrent punishments?

I am convinced by the points and issues raised in the expert analysis, specially about the provisions in the current IPC for the offences envisaged to be brought under the Black Magic Bill Draft.

We have politicians who plunder the nation, fake doctors who plunder the gullible, sellers of expired drugs and food articles backed by political forces, and many other anti-social and anti-national elements who have a free run at the slightest provocation. Why should not the Central and State governments do something that will be effective in bringing them to book quickly with deterrent punishments?

Dear all,

actually i feel this bill is not needed at all.any form of murder eg Human Sacrifice or any proven fraud( and not mere hearsay of so called devotees who are frustrated that things did not go their way) comes under a criminal act...there is no need for any seperate Act or Bill..
I find it a bit disrespectful to religion..

This is a silly thread. In the first place, the initiator of this thread does not even know how to write. Secondly, everyone knows that all the troubles we see in India today are due either directly or indirectly to Brahmins. In fact, I would go so far as to say that the Muslims and the British got a foothold in India due to the mountains of sin committed by the Brahmins in India. It is great fun to see the mass conversions of the lower classes into Christianity, Islam and Buddhism on a daily basis. Soon the money grabbing temples of South India will all be empty of worshipers, and the uppity bigoted Brahmins will not have anyone to subjugate and oppress. What a great day it will be for India then. The yoke of the caste system which the Brahmins burdened upon others for thousands of years will finally be broken ! God is no respecter of persons, be they Brahmins or otherwise.

Dear Bindi...
I am no Brahmin but I am amazed to see your first post.
Dear Bindi..there are good and bad in every tribe,caste or creed..
Dont have hatred for anyone be it Brahmin or Non Brahmin..
It does not really matter if temples will be empty..a temple can never be empty..even if there are no devotees..In fact everything in this world can never be empty..

Om purnam-adah purnam-idam​

purnaat purnam-udacyate.

purnasya purnam-aadaaya,​

purnam-eva-avashishyate​

That is whole; this is whole;

From that whole this whole came;

From that whole, this whole removed,

What remains is whole.

Bindi in his/her first post said:-

This is a silly thread. In the first place, the initiator of this thread does not even know how to write.

Then what are you doing responding to this thread? In this forum, we usually don't comment about the author of the message; but about the message.

Secondly, everyone knows that all the troubles we see in India today are due either directly or indirectly to Brahmins.

Who are these 'everyone', please? It seems, I am not in that 'everyone' and so are hundreds of persons I know. Unless I know only wrong sort of persons, this claim 'everyone' sounds a bit far fetched.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that the Muslims and the British got a foothold in India due to the mountains of sin committed by the Brahmins in India.

The Muslims and British getting a foot hold in India, was it a bad thing? If 'everyone knew' it was the brahmins who were root cause for the problems in India, then, you can't blame brahmins for muslim and british invasion too. You ought to choose the one or the other.

It is great fun to see the mass conversions of the lower classes into Christianity, Islam and Buddhism on a daily basis.

I quite agree with you. But, personally I lost interest though. In 2001 when about 1 million dalits announced that they were going to leave Hindu fold, it was fun to watch the frenzy from the evangelists to 'harvest as many souls as possible' and the extra efforts shown by the muslims in expanding their ummah, it was a great fun to watch. (In fact it was a buddhist who was on my back on daily basis asking me to write my opinions about that!).

Soon the money grabbing temples of South India will all be empty of worshipers, and the uppity bigoted Brahmins will not have anyone to subjugate and oppress.

When there is a will, there will always be a way. People like you will always come around asking for more from 'uppity bigoted Brhmin' like me!:playball:

What a great day it will be for India then. The yoke of the caste system which the Brahmins burdened upon others for thousands of years will finally be broken !

Do you think so? Are you saying that people like me would be broken?:crutch:

Cheers!

Sri.Saidevo,

Greetings. With due respect to your feelings, I request you to kindly allow me to comment on this issue, please. I don't see the 'black magic bill' curtailing any decent religious activities. Specifically Aghories are mentioned; I will not equate Aghories taking meat(you know what meat, I mean) as prasad and a Sathya Narayana devotee taking some samolina and sugar mixture (பிடியளவு ரவையும் சர்க்கரையும்) as prasad. I think, the opposition to that bill is a bit overblown.

Cheers!

namaste shrI TSS.

You said in post no.18:
Hindu Community is divided into Many Caste based Organaisations like Thevar Peravai,Saiva Vellalar Peravai,Sengundar Sangam,Kongu Peravai,Naidu Mahajana Sangam and so on.
=====

There is, in addition, the ******* and the institutions of Hindu sects. It is very likely that the womenfolk in the families of these caste based organizations (CBO) are more religious than the menfolk. It is also likely that many of the menfolk too are religious. Therefore they need to be involved in united and public religious activities, which can be in these ways:

• The Hindu maThams of all sects should acquire lists of members and office bearers of these CBOs and keep them in their database. They should invite the office bearers and the members to all major religious events that take place in the maThams.

• The Hindu women folk in these CBOs should be invited to partake pujas such as the viLakku puja held in public on frequent occasions. There could also be a public celebration of every Hindu festivals and fasts, with speeches on their spiritual importance.

• The maThAdhipatis may jointly visit the areas of residence of these people frequently and hold satsang. Recently, PUjyashrI Jayendra Sarasvati of the KAnchi Shankara MaTham, along with some other Hindu maThAdhipatis, visited Dindigul, where there is strong Christian activity, and initiated the girivalam on every full moon day. Details here: http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/46136-post6.html

• Hindu religious and social organizations can arrange for a study-circle and take classes about the basics of the SanAtana Dharma to the children of the CBO, inviting them to mingle with each other, conduct quizz competitions and award them cash and religious gifts. Sometime back I saw at RAmakRShNa MaTham, Mylapore, some college students take free classes for the poor children in the academic subjects. They may be involved in teaching Hinduism basics.

• Religious sermons are regularly held in the churches and mosques. We don't have anything of the sort in our temples. In fact, the 100-pillar and 1000-pillar pavilions were constructed only to hold satsang and kathAkAlakShepams. Hindu organizations should revive this practice in most of our temples.

• A most powerful way to hold the Hindu fort is to have Hindu religious media channels. I wonder why the BJP who feigns to be a friend of Hindus with its massive funds, is not having a Hindu TV channel. There are some Hindu TV channels but they are not relayed in Chennai except under the CAS with a set-top box. Perhaps the Hindu AchArya SabhA can mobilize conceptual and financial support to start a united Hindu TV channel, Hindu news channels, newspapers and magazines. Once these communication channels are in place, it would be easy to manage the dharmic control of Hindus divided by caste and sects. The TV channels should regularly teach Hindu religious basics, cultural values, ancient tradition, traditional Karnatic and other music, and hold bhajans, quiz, and religious singing competitions, on the lines of the Vijay TV Super Singer of cine songs to which the kids, young and old of all castes are attracted like moths to a flame.

Some of the ideas that readily come to my mind...

When we talk about Hindu unity here, all the political parties in India wants a caste based census so that they can continue to divide Hindu society on caste basis.

Please read the following news item

OBC leaders bat for caste census, question 50% ceiling on quota - India - The Times of India

All the best

Sri.RVR,

Greetings. The political parties adapted the same technique of 'divide and rule' from the British masters. The political parties are driving wedge between Hidus and other faith systems; amoung Hindus, the wedge is driven between various castes. When the management of the huge, diverse entity like Indian Government gets entrusted to people with no educational back ground; minimal or no managerial skills, then what should one expect. I am not trying to isloate India only; it is the global situation. Since the original message deals with Indian political parties, I mentioned about India, although it is a global crisis, worst in some countries than the others.

Cheers!

Long back there was a discussion about Unity among Brahmins. The fact is that even among the Tamil Brahmins there is a felt need for Unity. There has been a lot of progress in this regard and things are looking up.

During the Kanchi Periava's visit recently, the Sankara math (Shringeri) office bearers paid him the honours of an Acharya. But is it happening in Tamil Nadu? I do not know. Can anyone manage a public meeting in which the Kanchi Periava, Shringeri Acharya and the Jeeyers would come together and address the Tamil Brahmins?

About Hindu Unty can we think of a meeting between Sathya Sai Baba, Kanchi periava, Bangaru Adigalar and Dharmapuram Adheenam. The conference of the Acharyas did not include any of the Adheenams or did they?

Why blame the politicians? They have only exploiting the divisions already existing in the Hindu society.

Sri.RVR,

Greetings. The political parties adapted the same technique of 'divide and rule' from the British masters. The political parties are driving wedge between Hidus and other faith systems; amoung Hindus, the wedge is driven between various castes. When the management of the huge, diverse entity like Indian Government gets entrusted to people with no educational back ground; minimal or no managerial skills, then what should one expect. I am not trying to isloate India only; it is the global situation. Since the original message deals with Indian political parties, I mentioned about India, although it is a global crisis, worst in some countries than the others.

Cheers!

don't you think,this divide and rule existed even before british set their foot in indian soil?or for that matter even before islam via mughals stepped into hindustan?

its a comfort loving society globally.as to how this is being acheived in india is a slow process unlike,say english speaking,majority countries.

Long back there was a discussion about Unity among Brahmins. The fact is that even among the Tamil Brahmins there is a felt need for Unity. There has been a lot of progress in this regard and things are looking up.

During the Kanchi Periava's visit recently, the Sankara math (Shringeri) office bearers paid him the honours of an Acharya. But is it happening in Tamil Nadu? I do not know. Can anyone manage a public meeting in which the Kanchi Periava, Shringeri Acharya and the Jeeyers would come together and address the Tamil Brahmins?

About Hindu Unty can we think of a meeting between Sathya Sai Baba, Kanchi periava, Bangaru Adigalar and Dharmapuram Adheenam. The conference of the Acharyas did not include any of the Adheenams or did they?

Why blame the politicians? They have only exploiting the divisions already existing in the Hindu society.

ss

sathya sai baba convened such a meeting and kanchi madathipathi did attend for forging such a unity.satchidananda ganapathi swamigal also attended to forge unity.sringeri acharya even though did not attend personally,but deputed his sishyas from veda patashals to chant for the homam yagna conduted at puttaparthi.sai baba is a unifying force just not only for hindus, but for all religions.

Great. Very good news. Thank you. But there is a need to include the Saiva Atheenams and people like Bangaru Adigalar who have a very large following among Tamil non Brahmins.

I do not think Hindu Unity can be brought about by people who do not consider themselves to be Hindus.

We are talking about dangers from Christianity here. And God Men/Saints who do not think there is anything wrong in conversions can not help the Hindus here.

Propagation of a Universal religion does not help in the prevention of conversions.

Great. Very good news. Thank you. But there is a need to include the Saiva Atheenams and people like Bangaru Adigalar who have a very large following among Tamil non Brahmins.

bangaru adiglar is a self proclaimed,shakthi swaroopam and is unfying non-brahmins as well as brahmins,at mel maruvathhur.

I do not think Hindu Unity can be brought about by people who do not consider themselves to be Hindus.

We are talking about dangers from Christianity here. And God Men/Saints who do not think there is anything wrong in conversions can not help the Hindus here.

god is one.people call god in many diff names.as long as god is loved in anyform,is a higher elevated athma.

Propagation of a Universal religion does not help in the prevention of conversions.

god propagates by his iccha shakthi.only a law promulgated can stop conversions in india and this is a very politically sensitive issue,unless leaders of india politically get together legislate it.in my opinion,all political leaders have failed to do this,as globally there is not one religion,there are many,and india is a mini globe by itself.

When we talk about Hindu unity here, all the political parties in India wants a caste based census so that they can continue to divide Hindu society on caste basis.

All the best

It is our sad experience that , whenever there is a successful attempt of unity, lasting peace in this country, either on national sense or in national religious sense, the "vested interest divisive forces" will immediately jump to thwart . The never failing weapon in their hands is the rekindling of caste and reservation, and "majority and minorty" Unfortunately the innocent gullible who are not able to see through the plot and ply fall prey to this.

There will be some ever obliging terminologists who instantly coin terms like- "mandal vs kamandal" " Avarnas and Savarnas, abcd,xyz...anything and everything...

Untill our sincere ,innocent citizen become aware to discover the secret plot to weaken this country ,and identify and isolate the real "enemies" and eliminate them, this will continue, with many new advocates of different theories being propagated......talking against unity, against the necessity of unity and causing further division with cleverly disguised vitriolic.

But let us hope... all cannot be fooled all times.." Definitely i is going to be.." Yada Yada hi Dharmaasya......."

Greetings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately the entire North Eastern Region had converted to Christianity during the British period. There is a sustained effort to convert all the tribes of India.

The Christians will succeed in their efforts because

1. Many Hindus do not consider the tribal people as Hindus.

2. We have Evangelical Christians becoming members of Temple Management.

3. Hindus will talk about high Hinduism, about Brahman, Sanathana Dharma being the Universal religion and find themselves in a minority in their home land. Of course why are we bothered? It might help in migration to U.S. As someone pointed out our scriptures teach us to respect out parents and be loyal and grateful to them. But how about being grateful to your country? Mathru devo bhava. But do we also say Mathru Deso Bhava.

Vande Matharam !!!

Is that an outdated concept?

Talk to any U.S citizen about being an American.

And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country. - John F. Kennedy

Note: Sorry about that rant. Hindus will not become a minority during my life time. But they will, unless we stop talking about universal religion and us not being Hindus at all, but Sanathana Dharmis. We are digging our own grave.

Our AchAryas do unite across their sampradAyas on occasions when the need arises. For Sai Baba's 83rd birthday celebrations, Kanchi PeriyavA was invited and he did participate:
Sahasra Chandra Darshana Mahotsava Yagnam** - Sai Baba Of India

In the Dingidul girivalam initiated by Kanchi PeriyavA, Thondaimandala Adheenam Sri Thiruvambala Desika Gnanaprakaasa Paramacharya Swamigal participated and graced the occasion.
Vijayvaani.com

It was reported that when KAnchi ShankarAchArya was arrested, a Dalit Hindu activist committed suicide:
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/...2004112312950400.htm&date=2004/11/23/&prd=th&

"TIRUPUR, NOV. 22. The ongoing protest against the arrest of the Kanchi Acharya, Sri Jayendra Saraswathi, took its first toll when a Dalit Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) activist today committed suicide by consuming pesticide at Palladam, 16 kms from here..."

The Hindu AchArya SabhA has members of AchAryas from practically all the segments:
Acharya Sabha - Acharya Sabha Members
Acharya Sabha - Samparadayas Represented in Acharya Sabha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back