• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hinduism's Conquest of the West

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excerpt from the book Samkshepa Dharma Shastram:

About creation (according to Manu)

"... The creator is called Naran and hence the "Jalam" created by him is called "Narar"... (This is not ordinary water, but it holds the blueprint of all beings in sookshmam.

The creator resided in this water in the previous kalpas ie., as an antaryami... since he resided in the water called "Naram", he is also known as "Narayanan".
The paarkadal that is referred to is this water; it is not something that we could sense it with our ordinary vision.

And vaikuntam is that state of realization of the supreme by the self... for it god is everywhere, then he is within us too and hence a separate place of residence having an address as "vaikuntam" does not go logically. So it is a state of pure realization which feels pure bliss through undivided love alone.

So Shri Ramanujacharya advocates mukthi through bhakthi and love... upon the antaryami Shriman Narayanan as the ultimate path.

How we interpret mahavakyams also matters. One particular interpretation cannot claim to be the absolute truth by itself.

Last edited:
sesh!

bhakti and love forms the fundamentals - please do not assume BP didn't advocate that.

What is Gnanam - precisely according to VA - that is the question.

To see God in all - could be a Bhavana Margam or Tantric Margam you only need effort to do that.

My question is how one understand GOD thru - VA ?

To see god in all - doesn't need any understanding only certain attitude and effort.

Mahavakyams are water-tight statements there is no Gauna artham to them. Only have literal meaning.

Regards

My question is how one understand GOD thru - VA ?

The all encompassing one is the god ie., superset... it is heterogenous.. comprising of the lower entities (which are similar among themselves because they are ignorant of the higher entity) and the higher entity...

So while god is one, there are entities which are different...

To see god in all - is not so easy... we can make this statement easily, but only when we are really even-minded can we achieve such a state...

Mango, I (or rather anybody) can argue in favour of D, A or VA anytime and anywhere... no mind thinks the same way and hence these philosophies cater to the variety - to each his way...

if we were to argue which of these is THE way, there is no end to it...

Sesh!

Nacchi cleared the way for us ...... so just continue here

Code:
Mango, I (or rather anybody) can argue in favour of D, A or VA anytime and anywhere... no mind thinks the same way and hence these philosophies cater to the variety - to each his way...

if we were to argue which of these is THE way, there is no end to it...

Well if you believe in the futitliy of the above , you wouldn't have started the discussions... Like many others you could have kept quiet.

But the TRUTH is knocking inside you. that's why you keep continuing talking , even after my offer to quit... Common...

Anyway I again repeat .. I don't believe in arguments... as the tendency to hold to one's view leads to Jalpa and Vithanda. Sambhashana is what I look out for.

The all encompassing one is the god ie., superset... it is heterogenous.. comprising of the lower entities (which are similar among themselves because they are ignorant of the higher entity) and the higher entity...

this is what advaitham says, my question is in VA what is the "vishit"

another point.....if it is all GOD , then one only need to know the HOW of it. ? in other words to get connected that's all.

with vishit , a part is still not GOD and this is a mistaken derivation

So while god is one, there are entities which are different...

this is how we isolalte god from entities... see you contradicts from what you said in just the first line of your above para...

GOD IS ALL - this is what to derive at. Then only one's understanding becomes error free.

To see god in all - is not so easy... we can make this statement easily, but only when we are really even-minded can we achieve such a state...

quote]

Dear Sri Nacchinarkiniyan Ji,

You are a gentleman and so you gave a hint to the 'off-track' posters under your thread including me.

As far as I am concerned, I will not post anymore on wayward topics here. I think my conversation with Sri MM Ji has also run it's course. Sri Sesh Ji also wants to jump off from here.

Only Sri MM Ji, continues to post here. He is not at fault because of what you did, below - continuing on an embedded thread.

This is cumbersome, and it kind of cheats those of us who want to have easy access to your thoughts.

So, I humbly ask Sri MM Ji and Sri Sesh Ji, with your concurrence, to start a different thread, may be titked 'Advaitha, Dwaitha and Visishtadwaitha - the philosophical aspects' and continue their discussions there.

Regards,
KRS

The thread relating to the topic Hinduism's Conquest of the West is continued here

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=1823

there is no "your thread" here. what moderators - what you all say?

mango, conformity is for the sake of simplicity and elucidity... and the initiator of a topic is generally the thread owner... though the thread should also be broadly governed by the general rules of the forum...

I tried to tell Shri Nacchi that interludes are a common feature of discussions; but if he resents it, we have to respect it...

Thanks

no no , out of his non-tolerance...

when you expect this kind of thing are norms -when you are well prepared there is no resentment.

i'm not addressing him. I'm addressing the protocol of this forum to the moderators.

It has been well established in this very Forum before and Sri MM Ji well knows the rule that the Admins (Chintana Ji) laid out a while ago.

It is that the owner of a thread has every right to expect discussions limited to the topic as he/she sees fit. So it seems disingenuous to see MM climbing that tree again!

Admins also have split the topics to accommodate both the views of the orthodox and of the liberals as well, so that no acrimonious discussion takes place. This came precisely because of the intolerance shown by the likes of MM who represent the orthodox.

When a person says we agree to disagree, the other person should respect that and move on. This forms the basis of civility in a public discourse. This simple fact is found lost on the likes of MM, who are intent on carrying on and on.

I hope the folks who come to this Forum understand this obnoxious behaviour.

KRS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back