• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Have you bought a Kindle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am avid reader of e books. I used to read e books on the computer with e book software.

I was thrilled by the launch of Amazon's Kindle. But I was put off by the fact that it was bound with Amazon. And not many books were available in the mobi format.

But now a large number of books are available in the mobi format. And you are no longer dependent on Amazon for books.

I have bought a Kindle. I love it. I have thousands of books for it. Though my wife was skeptical in the beginning as she is of all gadgets that I buy, she has fallen in love with it.

Have you bought a Kindle? What is your opinion?

I think it is an ideal gift for the fathers/mothers or any older member of the family who is interested in reading books.

nacchi,

congratulations for being kindled by your kindle :)

my son has one, and he too loves it. the missus prefers here ipad. moi? i still stick with descendents of papyrus :)

may i wish you many many happy hours of kindling...

I tried to buy one, but sadly the shipping cost to india was too high so i left it. but then there are rumours of Amazon India being launched soon. So i will wait and see :)

The ebook manager Calibre which most of the Kindle owners use is Indian and open source. :cheer2:

Praveen. The Kindle with ads. is only $114. Ship it to some one in U.S and ask them to bring it here.

I do that for all my purchases on Amazon (books) and other sites dealing with computer hardware.

The ebook manager Calibre which most of the Kindle owners use is Indian and open source. :cheer2:

Praveen. The Kindle with ads. is only $114. Ship it to some one in U.S and ask them to bring it here.

I do that for all my purchases on Amazon (books) and other sites dealing with computer hardware.

Thats what i have to do if amazon does not launch soon in India :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back