• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Happy International Women Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy International Women Day

Google
is celebrating the International Women's day with an interactive doodle on its home page that will be displayed starting March 7 till March 9.

International Women's Day is celebrated on March 8 every year to mark women's achievements and to appreciate their contribution to the world. Although the earliest observance of the day go back to 1908, it was widely observed after 1977 when the United Nations General Assembly invited member states to recognize March 8 as the 'Day for women's rights and world peace.'

images

Google celebrates International Women's Day with a doodle - The Times of India

Picture: Google

Oh hi wishes to all my near and dear gentle ladies,being a super mom,lovable wife, pretty daughter,affection sister,caring grand mother,respected in laws,well wisher friend,and so on, Happy women s day to all ladies to be done all over the year.keep smiling always. :) :) :)

The theme for this 2014 year's International Women's day is

"Equality for women is progress for all" ...

How apt!

God bless ladies of this forum. they have all surpassed all men as far as postings on various topics are concerned .
with best wishes
krish44

Isn't Women's Day on Google a rather sexist moniker? Women excel men in most fields in most of the developed nations. In fact countries like India which treat women badly, should celebrate women's day in the real sense of the term by empowering women truly, and not keeping them enslaved (esp. in rural India).

India will remain poor as long as women are not positively empowered.

Sometimes I really dont know what women really want!LOL

For International Womens Day out here they had interviewed a couple of successful in their own right middle aged/older women who each gave their idea and opinion about what True Beauty is all about..stressing the fact that True Beauty is within and not without..the same old blah blah blah.

They would never interview a hot chick sexy model to say this but rather choose elderly women who is clearly overweight wearing loose baggy clothes.

What I have noted is females love to say things they might not actually mean..why dont we females at times try to be honest with our selves?
Many of those who claim true beauty is within might actually be lining up for their Botox,Intravenous Vitamin C,Collagen fillers,Derma Abrasion etc LOL!

BTW do we see men giving interviews saying "Oh true beauty comes from within and not merely having a 6 pack or looking like a Greek God"

Men NEVER talk about their looks/"Inner Beauty" and all.

Even though they might be some obese Maama they might actually feel "I'm Sexy and I know it!LOL

I think its high time we females do not talk about beauty being from within etc..that only displays some amount of insecurity and hoping that after youthful looks has faded away they might still want to be considered attractive by blah blah about inner beauty.

Inner beauty has nothing got to do with physical beauty.

I have met many nasty females who are not good inside or outside.

So its actually very hard to gauge inner beauty cos anyone can be a fake.

So the best is women just be yourselves.

There is no harm anyone aiming to be aesthetically beautiful by playing up their positive features and down playing their flaws.

Most beauties are actually "made and groomed" and not born.

Last edited:
renukaji

No one knows what Women wants!!!

Women.jpg

Source: Google

Last edited:
Mother of all Mothers

Mother Teresa was born into an Albanian Roman Catholic family in the Yugoslavian town of Skopje. She relates that at the age of twelve she felt a vocation to help the poor. A few years later she listened to accounts of conditions in Bengal, as related by missionaries, and decided there and then that she would work as a missionary in India. At the age of eighteen she joined the Irish Loreto order, whose sisters ran a mission station in Calcutta. From 1929 to 1946 she taught at the girls' school run by the order in that city.

It was in 1946 that she applied for permission to go out and work among the poor in the slums of the city. She felt this to be a fresh vocation, a vocation within a vocation, as she herself has expressed it.

She had a glimpse of the poverty and squalor of the slums, of sick people who remained untended, of lonely men and women lying down to die on the pavement, of the thousands of orphaned children wandering around with no one to care for them.

It was among these people that she felt a call to work, and to spend the rest of her life, in daily contact with them. She left the sheltered world of the convent and the fashionable girls' school behind her. Her plea to be allowed to go out into the slums and work there was granted. In 1948 she received permission to change from the uniform of the Loreto order to the customary cheap Indian sari. She started her work after an intensive course in nursing.

She is merely repeating what she has so often said before: "Actually we are touching Christ's body in the poor. In the poor it is the hungry Christ that we are feeding, it is the naked Christ that we are clothing, it is the homeless Christ that we are giving shelter". Or again: "When I wash that leper's wounds, I feel I am nursing the Lord himself". She sees Christ in every human being, and this in her eyes makes man sacred.

The loneliest and the most wretched, the dying destitute, the abandoned lepers, have been received by her and her Sisters with warm compassion devoid of condescension, based on this reverence for Christ in Man.

No hour, no day, is lost for Mother Teresa's Sisters in Calcutta; for them, these are all hours and days of joy.

In 1972 the President of the Republic of India had these words to say about her:
"Mother Teresa is one of those liberated souls who have transcended all barriers presented by race, religion, and nationality. In our present- day troubled world, incessantly plagued by conflict and hatred, the life that is lived and the work that is carried out by people like Mother Teresa bring new hope for the future of mankind".

Her message has found an echo among people of a different faith:
Mother Teresa once said: "In these twenty years of work among the people, I have come more and more to realise that it is being unwanted that is the worst disease that any human being can ever experience". She believes that the worst disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being unwanted, uncared for and deserted by everybody.

The Nobel Peace Prize 1979 - Presentation Speech

For International Womens Day out here they had interviewed a couple of successful in their own right middle aged/older women who each gave their idea and opinion about what True Beauty is all about..stressing the fact that True Beauty is within and not without..the same old blah blah blah.

They would never interview a hot chick sexy model to say this but rather choose elderly women who is clearly overweight wearing loose baggy clothes.

What I have noted is females love to say things they might not actually mean..why dont we females at times try to be honest with our selves?
Many of those who claim true beauty is within might actually be lining up for their Botox,Intravenous Vitamin C,Collagen fillers,Derma Abrasion etc LOL!

BTW do we see men giving interviews saying "Oh true beauty comes from within and not merely having a 6 pack or looking like a Greek God"

Men NEVER talk about their looks/"Inner Beauty" and all.

Even though they might be some obese Maama they might actually feel "I'm Sexy and I know it!LOL

I think its high time we females do not talk about beauty being from within etc..that only displays some amount of insecurity and hoping that after youthful looks has faded away they might still want to be considered attractive by blah blah about inner beauty.

Inner beauty has nothing got to do with physical beauty.

I have met many nasty females who are not good inside or outside.

So its actually very hard to gauge inner beauty cos anyone can be a fake.

So the best is women just be yourselves.

There is no harm anyone aiming to be aesthetically beautiful by playing up their positive features and down playing their flaws.

Most beauties are actually "made and groomed" and not born.
Renukaji
stop living in dream world
asking for ladies to be themselves,honest and try for cosmetic changes to slightly play up their positive and down playing negative features.-it is a demand most ladies cannot and will not meet
if ladies were simple and honest and be themselves, they will be in the unwanted queue as far as men are concerned .such ladies will end up as domestic help instead of being sought after.LOL

Renukaji
stop living in dream world
asking for ladies to be themselves,honest and try for cosmetic changes to slightly play up their positive and down playing negative features.-it is a demand most ladies cannot and will not meet
if ladies were simple and honest and be themselves, they will be in the unwanted queue as far as men are concerned .such ladies will end up as domestic help instead of being sought after.LOL

Dear Krish ji,

I asked women to be themselves and think positive and there is NO HARM trying to be beautiful instead of just thinking that all that matters is inner beauty.

One has to be honest to one's own self and know what is their positive points and negative points.

Over all the Indian women tend to neglect herself when it comes to outward appearance..mosty after marriage do NOT take care of themselves at all and that also contributes to health problems.

When I look at myself in the mirror I know what I want to hide and what I want to flaunt and that comes if one is brutally honest with one's own self.

As a doctor I totally dislike the saying "all that matters is inner beauty" cos this sort of thinking make a person neglect their personal appearance and let themselves gain weight and leading to all sorts of health problems which leads to morbidity and mortality.

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

You have to note two points.

1. Krish Sir and TVK Sir are different.

2. Both Krish Sir and you are writing that physical beauty is to be taken care of by women!

I accept that many Indian ladies think that they need NOT look trim after they cross their thirties!

It makes me sad to note that tambram girls are getting married late; ONLY care for a beautiful face

and not their diet and many unmarried girls look like 'gundu chattis' (phrase used by Kunjuppu Sir!) :tsk:

Dear Renu,

You have to note two points.

1. Krish Sir and TVK Sir are different.

2. Both Krish Sir and you are writing that physical beauty is to be taken care of by women!

I accept that many Indian ladies think that they need NOT look trim after they cross their thirties!

It makes me sad to note that tambram girls are getting married late; ONLY care for a beautiful face

and not their diet and many unmarried girls look like 'gundu chattis' (phrase used by Kunjuppu Sir!) :tsk:

As usual RRji is required to bring clarity to posts. only she reads posts critically and knows who is who.I and TVK have a common initial.we have one thing in common. we are men.lol
I believe men like well groomed ladies tastefully made up wearing exotic clothes-silks for tambrahms.they look for well dressed,beautiful angels even if artificially heavily made up and not brains .
ladies concentrating on higher education and career and big money jobs and being more selective about mate selection is leading to late marriages. besides most they do not care for diet or looks.
so it is on take it or leave it basis.
today I read about a divorce case ,a man not being able to accept a girl working type in pants and shirt on honeymoon and thinking about office and jumping of to work after a short honeymoon. court of course refused the divorce. there is a change in mindset of ladies. Men are only add ons and not an absolute requirement. this is truly liberation for ladies. let us welcome this breed of new working ladies and thank God we escaped getting one of them as wife.LOL

Solute This Mother !!

View attachment 3422

Source:Balakrisna Sharma

Why do you post such pics when you're not going to do an iota of help for these hapless souls from your ivory tower in the USA?? Stop glamorizing poverty.

And FYI, I've volunteered for the missionaries of charity but I do not wish to relate my experiences, too heart-wrenching. You post huge articles copy-pasted from other sources about Mother Teresa and her exemplary work, but have you ever bothered to visit the places where she did most of her work?

Sheer hypocrisy born out of the fact that you are privileged and not one of "them".

Last edited:
Dear Krish ji,

I am extremely sorry..I thought the post was written by someone else hence my rather "attack" type of reply.

Truly sorry.
It is OK yaar.forgot about the post promptly as I had to go to trace a missed mail in post office. thanks for your sensitivety.
with best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back