• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Happy Holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all
Happy holidays and a very happy new year.

Sri.Prasad, Grretings.

Thank you. Wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.

I am curious. Everyone knows this is Christmas season, Chiristmas holidays; but, why people are greeting others with ' happy holidays'? I can't digest it. It is rather unsettling to see people greet me with 'happy holidays' and to some other person 'merry Christmas'. I was told greeting 'happy holidays' is politically correct way of doing it; but it is not. Thanfully, still in the OZ, I can get Christmas greeting cards and greet others 'Merry Christmas'.

Cheers!

Call me a fanatic but I dont know why Hindus greet fellow Hindus "Merry Christmas".
I find it funny actually becos you never hear Christians wishing fellow Christians "Happy Diwali/Deepavali"
Once I tried wishing a Christian friend "Happy Diwali" and outright she told me "I am not a Hindu".

Anway since everyone is in the Christmas mood this song is for everyone..

[video=youtube_share;t3B8FBeHnMk]http://youtu.be/t3B8FBeHnMk[/video]

Last edited:
One more...Tamil and Gujju style

[video=youtube_share;_uR9JAZdAfA]http://youtu.be/_uR9JAZdAfA[/video]

Christmas and holiday greetings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The collective phrase "Happy Holidays" is often used as a generic cover-all greeting for all of the winter holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa; and is commonly used throughout North America and Europe. It is being implemented around the world, especially for businesses to attract a wider range of customers than those who observe any particular celebration.

One more...Tamil and Gujju style

[video=youtube_share;_uR9JAZdAfA]http://youtu.be/_uR9JAZdAfA[/video]

Renuka Madam

Say Good bye to the year 2011 which is coming to an end soon and heartily welcome
the sparkling New Year 2012. In advance Happy New Year 2u and your loved ones and
Wish God Bless you all through out the ensuing year.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

A doubt arises in my mind, when I looked at Happy Holidays. Hanuka, is known as
Festival of Lights (Candle), an event celebrated by the Greek Religion, say
started some 2 Centuries ago or so. Festival of lights, what we celebrate here
during Deepavali, Karthigai have any significance to that. Whether this Hindu
Culture has spread over to that place.

Balasubramanian
Amabattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads