• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hapless dog flung from 5th floor by Medical students in Chennai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are these ruffians who not only flung the dog but also filmed it? Shame on the Final year Medical students! They do not deserve any support! I shudder to think how they will treat their patients on becoming Doctors! They deserve the severest punishment & should not be allowed to take the exams!!

http://www.rediff.com/news/special/how-chennai-identified-the-dog-thrower/20160705.htm

How Chennai identified the dog-thrower

July 05, 2016 19:42 IST

04dog.jpg

The lack of compassion shown by the accused despite being medical students is shocking, says T S Sudhir.
It was a 10-hour operation that resulted in the identification of the man who had thrown a dog from a five-storey building in Chennai and the spot where the incident took place.
At around 4.30 pm on Monday, Chennai-based animal rights activist Antony Rubin was tagged in a 34-second-long video that showed a man in a white shirt holding a dog and flinging it down the building, leaving the canine yelping furiously when it landed with a thud. Since the person who had uploaded it was from Chennai, Rubin assumed the incident happened in Chennai.
He immediately filed a complaint with the Chennai police commissioner, who was also horrified seeing the video. The commissioner set up a seven-member team to identify the man. Meanwhile, the video went viral on social media, which helped the cops enormously in their job.
At around 9 pm, the police team and three animal rights activists -- including Rubin -- got their first tip-off that the man in the video is a final year medical student of Madha Medical College in Kundrathur near Porur on the outskirts of Chennai. He was identified as Gautam Sudarshan and the person who filmed the act was his classmate Ashish Pal.
The two hailed from Nagercoil and Tirunelveli respectively in southern Tamil Nadu. At 2.30 am, the team reached the building from where the dog was thrown. They also searched the room where the duo stayed in a private accommodation near the college, but was told that they have not been around for some days.
The video was reportedly shot two weeks ago. How it got leaked is still a mystery. The police has requested the parents of the two students to ask them to surrender. The chairman of the college has also told the parents that the two students won’t be allowed to write their exams unless they surrender.
Surrender seems the best option for the accused as the law is pretty toothless to deal with such cases. Under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960, the maximum fine that can be imposed for a crime of this nature is Rs 50 and three months imprisonment.
The Animal Welfare Board of India had urged for an increase in fine and prison term and approached Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar to get the act amended. “The minister replied, saying that there is no need to increase the fine as India is a very compassionate country,” says N G Jayasimha, member of the Animal Welfare Board of India.
This incident, however, should serve as a wake-up call for the minister.
Moreover, the fact that the two accused are only a year away from becoming doctors has shocked civil society. “It is horrifying and probably a reflection on our education system and society as a whole. Wonder what are we teaching our students,” said Alokparna Sengupta, deputy director (India) of the Humane Society International, the NGO that announced a Rs 1 lakh reward for anyone providing leads to the accused.
Meanwhile, there is still no news of the dog. Rubin says there is no trace of any carcass below the building where it was thrown. Vets say even if it survived, it would have suffered multiple fractures.

http://www.rediff.com/news/special/how-chennai-identified-the-dog-thrower/20160705.htm

Last edited:
God saved the dog! It continues to wag its tail despite severe injuries! My heart felt for this hapless creature!

[h=1]Dog flung off terrace found alive in Chennai[/h]Write a comment
July 06, 2016 09:16

chennai-dog.jpg

It was a crime that shocked and infuriated everyone, a couple of youngsters flinging a dog off a five-storey terrace and filming it.

As furious animal-lovers in Chennai got together and pursued the perpetrators, who surprisingly turned out to be medical students, the dog was presumed dead.

Now it has come to light that the animal is alive, though it has lost the use of its four legs, and is currently undergoing treatment. Hopefully, she will recover fully and find a home with love.

An animal-lover said, "Even after her ill-treatment, when we found her she was wagging her tail at us.'

Such is the blind trust that humans have repeatedly proved themselves unworthy of.

http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2...e-in-chennai/b69229984d51d00de4364ef1e1fe8486

This is the Key .Glad that the dogis alive though its legs are broken .The culprits must get servere punishment that will deter them ( as well as others ) not to repeat such acts .

Moreover, the fact that the two accused are only a year away from becoming doctors has shocked civil society. “It is horrifying and probably a reflection on our education system and society as a whole. Wonder what are we teaching our students,” said Alokparna Sengupta, deputy director (India) of the Humane Society International,

I shudder when I think of what all these two guys will do, after they qualify as doctors! :fear:

reminds me of the two psycho docs from the movie "vettaiyaadu vilayaadu"...

saw the video and my mind was numb from the dog's painful cries...

Now a million $ Q!

Do youngsters copy the characters in movies OR are the movies made by seeing such characters?

BTW, no Kamal Haasan will kill the offenders, in real life! :nono:

I think these two so called students should be suspended from the medical school - their actions make them unsuitable to be in the profession of treating others. That will be the apt punishment. If the medical school will not, people should boycott that school

I think these two so called students should be suspended from the medical school - their actions make them unsuitable to be in the profession of treating others. That will be the apt punishment. If the medical school will not, people should boycott that school
Dear TKS Sir,

As long as any thug can enter professional colleges with payment, such incidents will be there, for sure.

One lady professor of a medical college sadly confided in me that her students are not serious in learning anything and

just able to get pass mark to qualify as a doctor. I told her jokingly that it might be an easy way to control Indian population!

Sir,

Both of them are suspended.

நாயை மாடியில் இருந்து தூக்கி வீசிய மருத்துவ மாணவர்கள் சஸ்பெண்ட் - கல்லூரி நிர்வாகம் அதிரடி

Excerpts:

இதையடுத்து நாயை தூக்கி வீசிய இருவரையும் அவர்களது பெற்றோரே கொண்டு வந்து போலீசில் ஒப்படைத்து விட்டனர். இருவரையும் கைது செய்த போலீஸார் ஸ்ரீபெரும்புதூர் நீதிமன்றத்தில் ஆஜர்படுத்தினர். ஆனால் இருவருக்கும் உடனடியாக ஜாமீனும் தரப்பட்டு விட்டது.

இவ்விருவர் மீதும் கல்லூரி நிர்வாகம் கடும் நடவடிக்கை எடுக்க வேண்டும் என்று விலங்குகள் நல ஆர்வலர்கள் தொடர்ந்து குரல் எழுப்பி வந்தனர்.

இந்நிலையில் அவர்கள் இருவரையும் மருத்துவ கல்லூரி நிர்வாகம் சஸ்பெண்ட் செய்து உத்தரவிட்டுள்ளது.

Read more at: http://tamil.oneindia.com/news/tami...ical-colleage-student-s-suspended-257539.html

Dear TKS Sir,

As long as any thug can enter professional colleges with payment, such incidents will be there, for sure.

One lady professor of a medical college sadly confided in me that her students are not serious in learning anything and

just able to get pass mark to qualify as a doctor. I told her jokingly that it might be an easy way to control Indian population!

Smt RR ,

Some years ago, my children were visiting their grandparents at Chennai. A maid lady used to come and my children became good friends with her. She was coughing and went to see a Doctor at the insistence of my children who gave her some money as well.

It seems this 'Doctor' charged Rs 50 and diagnosed by just seeing her without not even talking much! It all took less than a minute it seems - took the money and and for another Rs 30 gave her two pills to take. It seems there is a long line of poor people waiting in line to see this Doctor!

I am not sure how pervasive such practices are but I think many of the so called Doctors should be suspended from practice and over time even take away accreditation of the colleges that gave them a medical degree

Sir,

Both of them are suspended.

நாயை மாடியில் இருந்து தூக்கி வீசிய மருத்துவ மாணவர்கள் சஸ்பெண்ட் - கல்லூரி நிர்வாகம் அதிரடி

Excerpts:

இதையடுத்து நாயை தூக்கி வீசிய இருவரையும் அவர்களது பெற்றோரே கொண்டு வந்து போலீசில் ஒப்படைத்து விட்டனர். இருவரையும் கைது செய்த போலீஸார் ஸ்ரீபெரும்புதூர் நீதிமன்றத்தில் ஆஜர்படுத்தினர். ஆனால் இருவருக்கும் உடனடியாக ஜாமீனும் தரப்பட்டு விட்டது.

இவ்விருவர் மீதும் கல்லூரி நிர்வாகம் கடும் நடவடிக்கை எடுக்க வேண்டும் என்று விலங்குகள் நல ஆர்வலர்கள் தொடர்ந்து குரல் எழுப்பி வந்தனர்.

இந்நிலையில் அவர்கள் இருவரையும் மருத்துவ கல்லூரி நிர்வாகம் சஸ்பெண்ட் செய்து உத்தரவிட்டுள்ளது.

Read more at: http://tamil.oneindia.com/news/tami...ical-colleage-student-s-suspended-257539.html

Thanks for sharing this news Sri VB .. At least there is some justice. Also the college may want to protect its name

A video of the dog standing and wagging its tail despite an injured leg has also been posted to Twitter.
The dog was found cowering under a staircase of the building on Tuesday as police questioned residents of the residence about the perpetrators, said Mr Krishnan.
“We were called upon to come and check on the dog and take her for treatment. We confirmed she was the same dog [because in] the video [it] looked like she was a female dog, there is a small black patch on her tail, her hind legs are injured and she wasn’t able to move properly,” he wrote.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...in-horrific-viral-video-miraculously-survive/

Watch the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCouCfKgsTs

Last edited:
One day these two fellows will come for practice. What will they do if they don't cure illness? I think they will throw the patients out.

It is not known whether they obtain medical seats thru merit or from back door.

These fellows must be dumped in the garbage bin.

அவர்கள் இருவரையும் மருத்துவ கல்லூரி நிர்வாகம் சஸ்பெண்ட் செய்து உத்தரவிட்டுள்ளது...................

I presume suspension is not a punishment; they would be reinstated after a week.

ஒரு நாய்க்குட்டிக்காக சாந்தி தீக்குளித்தது சரியா?

சுல்தான்பேட்டை கைக்கோளர் தெருவை சேர்ந்தவர் பெருமாள். இவரது மனைவி சாந்தி (40). சாந்திக்கு நாய் என்றால் கொள்ளைப் பிரியமாம். கடந்த இரண்டு மாதங்களாக நாய்க்குட்டி ஒன்றை வீட்டில் வளர்த்து வந்தார். ஆனால் பெருமாளுக்கு இது பிடிக்கவில்லை. அதைக் கொண்டு போய் விட்டு விட்டு என்று கூறி வந்தார். ஆனால் சாந்தி கேட்கவில்லை. இதுதொடர்பாக இருவருக்கும் அடிக்கடி வாக்குவாதம் நடந்து வந்தது.

இந்த நிலையில் நேற்று நாயைக் கொண்டு போய் எங்கேயோ விட்டு விட்டு வந்து விட்டார் பெருமாள். அவ்வளவுதான் ஆத்திரமடைந்தார் சாந்தி. வீட்டில் இருந்த மண்ணெண்ணையை எடுத்து ஊற்றி தீவைத்துக் கொண்டார். அலறித் துடித்த அவரது குரலைக் கேட்டு கணவர் பெருமாள், அக்கம் பக்கத்தினர் ஓடி வந்து அவரை மீட்டு மருத்துவமனைக்குக் கொண்டு சென்றனர். அங்கு உயிருக்கு ஆபத்தான நிலையில் சாந்தி சிகிச்சை பெற்று வருகிறார்.

Read more at: http://tamil.oneindia.com/news/tamilnadu/woman-immolates-herself-paramathi-vellore-257650.html

அவர்கள் இருவரையும் மருத்துவ கல்லூரி நிர்வாகம் சஸ்பெண்ட் செய்து உத்தரவிட்டுள்ளது...................

I presume suspension is not a punishment; they would be reinstated after a week.

yesmohan Ji,

You are right.

Technically suspension is not punishment.

Reinstating them or awarding some other punihsment to them depends upon the findings of the Enquiry which will be followed by a suspension normally.(Disciplianry proceedings).

Last edited by a moderator:

None can be dismissed arbitrarily.

The first step for a disciplinary prceedings is suspension and it will be followed by an enquiry.

Based on the findings, punishment will be awarded.

And the quantum of punishment will be in commemsuarte to the nature of delinquency.

Of course in a petty shop anybody can be dismissed outright, but definitely not in a Medial college, the administration of which is governed by well established rules and regulations with a watchdog to monitor.

These sadists should be punished severely for their mad act of inflicting injuries to a helpless animal, for no reason.
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

tbs Ji,

What else the Management of the Medical College can d now........which has received severl crores frm each towards Fees and other things ..... especially when there is case Under Sec.428 and 429 (Mischief by killing or maiming animal) was registered against both of them by Kundrathur Police Station.

As per law, we need to wait for the disposal of this case....

We may talk lot about stringent punishment .... expeditious disposal of cases under trial, etc..... but practically nothing can be done.

Will such punishment meets the ends of justice...?

Two Chennai medical students who threw a dog from rooftop to pay Rs 2 lakh fine

This came after the Madras High Court directed Dr MGR Medical University to decide on the quantum of penalty amount to be paid by each student.

Two medical college students from Chennai will have to pay a sum of Rs 2 lakh each for throwing a dog from the rooftop of a building.

This came after the Madras High Court directed Dr MGR Medical University to decide on the quantum of penalty amount to be paid by each student.

On Tuesday, Dr MGR Medical University directed Gautam Sudarshan and Ashish Pal to pay Rs 2 lakh each to the Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI).

The fine set by the University is unprecedented. Under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, the maximum fine is Rs 50 for cruelty to animals. Latest reports suggest that this sum could be hiked to a meagre Rs 100.

Read more at: http://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...ho-threw-dog-rooftop-pay-rs-2-lakh-fine-49092

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back