• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hamsa Mantra the secret of life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you want to live a long life? Do you want to know the secret for leading a life for more than 200 yrs. Have you ever wondered how rishi and siddhas live such a long life.Do you know every man has the power of bheeshma - the power to die whenever we want. Now I am not faking or hyping like fair and lovely cream ad in tv.
Well the secret is very near you, its actually inside you, ok I can hear you say enough of preamble ( I dont want you to call this as "hype") , directly coming into the main course.
Everybody who has been initiated into tantra knows hamsa maha mantra.
For those who dont know, hamsa maha mantra is a japa which vayu devaru performs inside us 21,600 times daily. We just say thank you in the tantra daily to vayu devaru and we get that punya of performing japa.
Actually that 21600 times japa performed by vayu devaru is nothing but our breath i.e., we breath 21,600 times daily. Here is the proof : it has been noted even in modern medical science that a normal person takes 2secs to inhale and 2secs to exhale. hamsa while inhaling and soham while exhaling. So 1 cycle of breath takes 4 secs,
then in a minute we chant hamsa mantra 15 times(60/4)
in an hour its 900 times (15*60)
in a day its 21600 times(900*24).
So all said where is the secret of long life ?
Here it goes, in tantra it is said that actual lifetime of a person is not based on calendar days or years but instead on amount of breath he takes.
Getting confused, ok let us assume a person born on 5 AM on 17/5/2011 has a lifespan of 1 day, then he should die on 18/5/2011 exactly at 5AM .A normal person will die exactly at 18/5/2011 at 5AM. But a yogi or one who knows the secret will live upto 21,600 yrs.
The thing is 1 day of your aayushya means 21,600 breaths. Only after completing 21,600 breaths 1 day will be lessened in your lifespan, but a yogi who has mastery over breathing if he breaths only one round of breath per day then he will live 21,600 yrs.
So in pranayama we actually increase the time taken for 1 cycle of breath by performing kumbaka ( holding the vital air), and by practice we can stretch one cycle of breadth to 8 secs easily. So by making it 8 secs , when we complete 21,600 breaths externally we would have lived 2 days.
This is the secret applied by many of the yogis, siddhars and many ppl to live long and to engage in their sadhana .Isn't this scientific and isnt it amazing ,
Lastly the ticker of your aayushya or lifespan is not outside instead its inside you , its the air or vayu who is counting our kaala. Everytime you breath you are actually reducing your life.There is also a another secret pertaining to this mantra which can confer astha maha siddhis to the sadhaka. But it can't be revealed .
All wrongs in this post are mine and all the correct things are due to the grace of Shri Guru and the almighty lord.

hariraghavendran,

are you practising hamsa mantra? if you are, i wont be around to verify the end of your 200 years.

i do wish you success if you indeed wish to live 200 years.

for me i am ready to go any minute. i think i have done enough, my children can handle life as best as they ever would, and the missus would be ok. i still have control of my faculties and wish to go quickly and at peace.

i am also wondering how hamsa mantra has been kept under the lid so far, till you came here and expounded it. we have quite a few erudite masters of our philosophy & practices here, and atleast one of them, i imagine, would have been familiar with it. well life never stops surprising us.

also, we have peddled yoga successfully in the west. maybe now is the turn of hamsa mantra? atleast the way you written about it, it is absolutely secular. just that the world will become more overpopulated as a result. and a lot of retired people collecting pensions. :)

best wishes (again) !!

Last edited:
hariraghavendran,

are you practising hamsa mantra? if you are, i wont be around to verify the end of your 200 years.

i do wish you success if you indeed wish to live 200 years.

for me i am ready to go any minute. i think i have done enough, my children can handle life as best as they ever would, and the missus would be ok. i still have control of my faculties and wish to go quickly and at peace.

i am also wondering how hamsa mantra has been kept under the lid so far, till you came here and expounded it. we have quite a few erudite masters of our philosophy & practices here, and atleast one of them, i imagine, would have been familiar with it. well life never stops surprising us.

also, we have peddled yoga successfully in the west. maybe now is the turn of hamsa mantra? atleast the way you written about it, it is absolutely secular. just that the world will become more overpopulated as a result. and a lot of retired people collecting pensions. :)

best wishes (again) !!

This is not me who have expounded this theory , its there in tantra sara sangraha. Once again u show u are opposed to anything I say and there is a bit of sarcasm in ur reply.

"are you practising hamsa mantra? if you are, i wont be around to verify the end of your 200 years
i do wish you success if you indeed wish to live 200 years."
This shows ur understanding of the theory.
I said that if you practice a particular type of pranayama, and increase ur normal breadth cycle to 8 secs then u can live double the years of ur ayushya.
It also requires lot of other things , like we should first learn to breath properly not speak too much as it increases the rate of breath cycle would increase i.e., the normal cycle is 4 mins, if we speak it becomes 2 mins.
The next thing is that you have to be fit physically and u should not have any diseases in ur body.
Hence the sadhus go to seclusion in forests to practice sadhana.
About ur west practicing yoga I dont know about it and have no comments.
There are examples in our puranas and lives of yogis where they have lived for long years.
The next thing is the highest step in yoga as for as I know is samadhi.
Even u must have read about samadhi in some biographies. They say that in samadhi time and space becomes null or void, one of the reasons for that is the yogis in samadhi will make their breath a bare minimum or null, hence until one is there under samadhi there will be no cut off in his ayushya.
This theory is again proved in puranas when they say that certain rishis performed tapasya for some ten thousand years, they actually go to an enhanced yogic state where they hold their prana vayu and do not breath at all.
And moreover hamsa mantra just reveals the secret of life, even a dvija only makes sankalpa and does not chant hamsa mantra.
For this I can give u references from scripture.

"i am also wondering how hamsa mantra has been kept under the lid so far, till you came here and expounded it. we have quite a few erudite masters of our philosophy & practices here, and atleast one of them, i imagine, would have been familiar with it. well life never stops surprising us."

I dont know why and hence no comments.
And what I see in this website is there are lots of jealous and group cultivating going on and many back somebody even if they make blasphemous comments on vedas and our acharyas just bcoz they like them and have been here for a long time.

I really look forward to a decent discussion and many disapproving this can back their claim with references to the scriptures ( simply saying this is wrong will not be taken seriously).
All mistakes in this post are mine and anything which is correct is due to the grace of Shri Guru and the almighty Lord .

Do you want to live a long life? Do you want to know the secret for leading a life for more than 200 yrs. Have you ever wondered how rishi and siddhas live such a long life.Do you know every man has the power of bheeshma - the power to die whenever we want. Now I am not faking or hyping like fair and lovely cream ad in tv.
Well the secret is very near you, its actually inside you, ok I can hear you say enough of preamble ( I dont want you to call this as "hype") , directly coming into the main course.
Everybody who has been initiated into tantra knows hamsa maha mantra.
For those who dont know, hamsa maha mantra is a japa which vayu devaru performs inside us 21,600 times daily. We just say thank you in the tantra daily to vayu devaru and we get that punya of performing japa.
Actually that 21600 times japa performed by vayu devaru is nothing but our breath i.e., we breath 21,600 times daily. Here is the proof : it has been noted even in modern medical science that a normal person takes 2secs to inhale and 2secs to exhale. hamsa while inhaling and soham while exhaling. So 1 cycle of breath takes 4 secs,
then in a minute we chant hamsa mantra 15 times(60/4)
in an hour its 900 times (15*60)
in a day its 21600 times(900*24).
So all said where is the secret of long life ?
Here it goes, in tantra it is said that actual lifetime of a person is not based on calendar days or years but instead on amount of breath he takes.
Getting confused, ok let us assume a person born on 5 AM on 17/5/2011 has a lifespan of 1 day, then he should die on 18/5/2011 exactly at 5AM .A normal person will die exactly at 18/5/2011 at 5AM. But a yogi or one who knows the secret will live upto 21,600 yrs.
The thing is 1 day of your aayushya means 21,600 breaths. Only after completing 21,600 breaths 1 day will be lessened in your lifespan, but a yogi who has mastery over breathing if he breaths only one round of breath per day then he will live 21,600 yrs.
So in pranayama we actually increase the time taken for 1 cycle of breath by performing kumbaka ( holding the vital air), and by practice we can stretch one cycle of breadth to 8 secs easily. So by making it 8 secs , when we complete 21,600 breaths externally we would have lived 2 days.
This is the secret applied by many of the yogis, siddhars and many ppl to live long and to engage in their sadhana .Isn't this scientific and isnt it amazing ,
Lastly the ticker of your aayushya or lifespan is not outside instead its inside you , its the air or vayu who is counting our kaala. Everytime you breath you are actually reducing your life.There is also a another secret pertaining to this mantra which can confer astha maha siddhis to the sadhaka. But it can't be revealed .
All wrongs in this post are mine and all the correct things are due to the grace of Shri Guru and the almighty lord.

Interesting.Is it the same as Soham mantra? I am not sure becos I read once that if you recite Hamsa Hamsa Hamsa fast it will sound like Soham Soham Soham.

I am not too sure can you help out here?

I just want to make one thing clear which may have caused Shri kunjuppu some confusion. Hamsa mantra should not be chanted by anyone according to our sampradaya. The fact is this japa is nothing but our breath and there is no need to chant it exclusively. It is performed by vayudevaru 21,600 times daily . We should just say thank you to vayu devaru for performing it on behalf of us. Some people recognise it and say thanks to vayu devaru and some people don't. Thats why its called ajapa - japa.
Some say there are 4 types of hamsa mantra which is practiced by brahmadi devatas . But only one is known to humans.
The scriptural quote for this is
Adya praataha suryo daya maarabhya shwaha praataha suryodaya paryantha
Mukhyapraanaha maddehe stithwa shat shatakaika vimshat 21600 sahastra sankhyanka shvaasa rupa hamsa maha mantra japam karishye.
It clearly says this japa is our shvasa and is done by mukhya praana (vayu devaru) and its 21600 in number for a day.
The secret is very clear and near but practicing it and bringing the breath cycle to 8 secs even when you are in normal state is a difficult thing which is possible only to the advanced yogis and siddhars.

Interesting.Is it the same as Soham mantra? I am not sure becos I read once that if you recite Hamsa Hamsa Hamsa fast it will sound like Soham Soham Soham.

I am not too sure can you help out here?

well its hamsa: soham swaha , there is no need to chant it exclusively, in fact its the sound produced by our breath. But the limitations are great in this practice, sadhus and siddhars who are said to live for many years like for ex it is said Agastya Maharishi lived for 5000 yrs , it is very easy to dismiss these things as fictional but the reality is they lived for those many years.
If u actually see their lifestyle, they go into forests and they do not speak and they do not have any disease etc . Its actually perfect condition for this practice . And I have heard of Tirumular siddhar who composed tirumantiram which consist of 3000 yrs . And it is said that he wrote one verse a year. He used to be in deep samadhi for a year and wake up once and write a verse and then goes to samadhi for a year once again.
Have u ever wondered why samadhi and tapas is being mentioned when addressing to people who have lived for long years.
Its just bcoz in samadhi u hold ur breath to bare minimum and it gradually becomes null. In tapas u gradually decrease ur breathing and the pranavayu comes to null after sometimes. U must have seen or read in puranas that when ones tapas becomes ugra there will be a fire produced which can burn the entire world. Its the shakthi produced by pranavayu inside us.
Its easy to dismiss this but I can give you a food for thought. Take the example of tortoise , it breaths slowly and it movements are slow, it does not run fast( if u run fast it will increase the cycle of one breath to 2 secs) and it lives for a longer time some say to 300 yrs.
And then look at the lifestyle of siddhars and sadhus, they go into seclusion into the forests, they do not speak unnecessarily and they perform tapas for atleast half of their day. Can u find the obvious similarity btw lifestyle of tortoise and the lifestyle of sadhus. The result is both live for extended periods. There are research going on abt this theory in scientific circles.
All the mistakes in this post are mine and anything correct is due to the grace of Shri Guru and the almighty lord.

well its hamsa: soham swaha , there is no need to chant it exclusively, in fact its the sound produced by our breath. But the limitations are great in this practice, sadhus and siddhars who are said to live for many years like for ex it is said Agastya Maharishi lived for 5000 yrs , it is very easy to dismiss these things as fictional but the reality is they lived for those many years.
If u actually see their lifestyle, they go into forests and they do not speak and they do not have any disease etc . Its actually perfect condition for this practice . And I have heard of Tirumular siddhar who composed tirumantiram which consist of 3000 yrs . And it is said that he wrote one verse a year. He used to be in deep samadhi for a year and wake up once and write a verse and then goes to samadhi for a year once again.
Have u ever wondered why samadhi and tapas is being mentioned when addressing to people who have lived for long years.
Its just bcoz in samadhi u hold ur breath to bare minimum and it gradually becomes null. In tapas u gradually decrease ur breathing and the pranavayu comes to null after sometimes. U must have seen or read in puranas that when ones tapas becomes ugra there will be a fire produced which can burn the entire world. Its the shakthi produced by pranavayu inside us.
Its easy to dismiss this but I can give you a food for thought. Take the example of tortoise , it breaths slowly and it movements are slow, it does not run fast( if u run fast it will increase the cycle of one breath to 2 secs) and it lives for a longer time some say to 300 yrs.
And then look at the lifestyle of siddhars and sadhus, they go into seclusion into the forests, they do not speak unnecessarily and they perform tapas for atleast half of their day. Can u find the obvious similarity btw lifestyle of tortoise and the lifestyle of sadhus. The result is both live for extended periods. There are research going on abt this theory in scientific circles.
All the mistakes in this post are mine and anything correct is due to the grace of Shri Guru and the almighty lord.

Thank you.You seem learned and glad you are teaching us.
Just 2 more questions. Is Samadhi like Suspended Animation?
And is Hibernation going along the lines of Samadhi?

Samadhi's main aim is not to stop breathing , its just a byproduct of samadhi.
The same with tapassu.
Hibernation would not do any good because just being inactive physically would not slow down ur breathing cycle , it has to be practiced gradually with the help of a guru.
Moreover many question that then why do yogis do not live for many yrs in the modern era, it is just because the environment is not suitable for the practice. But I can clearly say that those who practice pranayama live longer than the most, their ageing process begins in what u may call real old age, they remain active till the end.
This practice needs an environment like forests just as scientific experiments need laboratory conditions.
And moreover do you think our age has anything to do with external factors like sun rise and sunset , no think about it logically, it has got to do with our internal factors. According to tantra only after u have completed ur 21600 breaths , 1 day of ur ayushya is decreased.
There is more in tantra sara sangraha about 72000 nadis and its relation to our lifespan. Well lets keep it for another post .

Samadhi's main aim is not to stop breathing , its just a byproduct of samadhi.
The same with tapassu.
Hibernation would not do any good because just being inactive physically would not slow down ur breathing cycle , it has to be practiced gradually with the help of a guru.
Moreover many question that then why do yogis do not live for many yrs in the modern era, it is just because the environment is not suitable for the practice. But I can clearly say that those who practice pranayama live longer than the most, their ageing process begins in what u may call real old age, they remain active till the end.
This practice needs an environment like forests just as scientific experiments need laboratory conditions.
And moreover do you think our age has anything to do with external factors like sun rise and sunset , no think about it logically, it has got to do with our internal factors. According to tantra only after u have completed ur 21600 breaths , 1 day of ur ayushya is decreased.
There is more in tantra sara sangraha about 72000 nadis and its relation to our lifespan. Well lets keep it for another post .

Definition(from Wikepedia):Suspended animation is the slowing of life processes by external means without termination. Breathing, heartbeat, and other involuntary functions may still occur, but they can only be detected by artificial means.

Can you expand further and co relate with Samadhi cos here also breathing doesnt stop.

** By chance are you a member of Self-Realization Fellowship(Swami Yogananda)?

Last edited:
Well I dont know I have never experienced myself but holding the breath and taking that into bare minimal is an imp step in samadhi and in tapas I can guarantee u that I have read many puranas in which they say that thge person has stopped breathing and fire has emanated due to that. The later part I can definitely vouch and will produce the scripture as I have read that purana very recently. Even the former one I can confirm it if given time and will produce scriptures.
And I do not think anyone with serious sadhana will vouch for testing purposes , infact they would not share it. One such example is Sri Guru Raghavendra, they showed it in vijay tv. He entered brindavana alive in front of several people and before entering brindavan alive he advises to the people
*Always keep away from people who merely perform miracles without following the shastras and yet call themselves God or guru. I have performed miracles, and so have great persons like Srimadvacharya. These are based on yoga siddhi and the shastras. There is no fraud or trickery at all. These miracles were performed only to show the greatness of God and the wonderful powers that one can attain with His grace.
Look at what he says about yoga and how it can give siddhis to you.
Then take a look at instance of Sri Raghavendra Swami entering the brindavana
"He began reciting the pranava mantra and slipped into deep samadhi. Once his japamala became still, his disciples arranged the slabs up to his head and then, as per his earlier instructions, they placed a copper box containing 1200 Lakshminarayana saligramas that had been specially brought from Gandaki river in Nepal. Then they placed the covering slab over it and filled it with earth. They poured twelve thousand varahas (abhisheka) over the brindavan that they had built."
I do not think its possible for anyone to breathe inside a brindavana which essentially says that he stopped breathing and went into jeeva samadhi.
And there are people who go into samadhi inside the earth. That is people are literally enter into the land some five or six feets and then the mud is filled again. He remains there in samadhi for some days and then comes out. This can be seen even today in kashi and varanasi and I can recall someone did this a few years ago in Karnataka .I do not remember his name.
I do not think breathing is possible 6 feet inside the land when the mud is filled after u enter.

@brahin
"
** By chance are you a member of Self-Realization Fellowship(Swami Yogananda)? "
No I have not even heard of this group( no offense meant). I am a brahmin by birth of subramanya vamsha ( vyshya in vritti) , we follow vaishnavism ( our great grandfather lost in a debate to vaishnava siddhantha and we converted) and all that I have mentioned is there in tantra sara sangraha( an abstract of vishnuudita tantra sara) and my grandfather was also a follower of siddha tradition.

@brahin
"
** By chance are you a member of Self-Realization Fellowship(Swami Yogananda)? "
No I have not even heard of this group( no offense meant). I am a brahmin by birth of subramanya vamsha ( vyshya in vritti) , we follow vaishnavism ( our great grandfather lost in a debate to vaishnava siddhantha and we converted) and all that I have mentioned is there in tantra sara sangraha( an abstract of vishnuudita tantra sara) and my grandfather was also a follower of siddha tradition.

Self-Realization Fellowship

. Once again u show u are opposed to anything I say and there is a bit of sarcasm in ur reply.

Let me make one thing clear hari, I am not at all opposed to anything or everything you say. I have this finnickiness regarding manners. Especially when expressed in an impersonal forum. I had pointed this out in another thread, which Sangom felt, that I was being unfair. If you had read my reply, I had withdrawn my admonition, and thus giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Sarcasm? It is how you read it. I have no desire to live 200 years. I presumed (and maybe wrong) that you are practising hamsa mantra. Or maybe not. You are just publishing this info here, out of sheer goodwill and goodheart. So be it. If you sense a tad of humour, yes. But it definitely was not sarcasm. Ok?

This shows ur understanding of the theory.
I said that if you practice a particular type of pranayama, and increase ur normal breadth cycle to 8 secs then u can live double the years of ur ayushya. .

Hari, I do not understand the theory. Nor do I wish to understand. I am blissfully ignorant of hamsa mantra, because I do not wish to live 200 years. Any time now is ok with me. like any normal human, I think, I have a residual fear of dying, but NOT of death itself. after all, I have lost so many, including my beloved parents. If it was good for them, it is good enough for me.

And what I see in this website is there are lots of jealous and group cultivating going on and many back somebody even if they make blasphemous comments on vedas and our acharyas just bcoz they like them and have been here for a long time. .

This is a wide open statement, which I wish to dispute. Coming from a newcomer like you, I think it is unfair. I wish you would stay with us, contribute regularly, and as you become familiar, you will perhaps find that there are folks who think like you on a certain topic.

This does not mean they are ganging up with you against others. All it means is that there is an identity of views.

On another topic, the same person can be dead set against you.

The important thing, is not take differences, as personal attacks, and resort to epithets or going through a ‘a sense of us against them siege attitude’. There is nothing like that in this forum, that I am aware.

I really look forward to a decent discussion and many disapproving this can back their claim with references to the scriptures ( simply saying this is wrong will not be taken seriously).
All mistakes in this post are mine and anything which is correct is due to the grace of Shri Guru and the almighty Lord .

I am looking forward to the discussion on this one. Btw, who is Shri Guru? You have mentioned him in your posts.

Thank you.

@Kunjuppu
Okay lets stop this discussion here , I posted that post instinctively and even now I do not feel I have done anything wrong.
Renuka Karthikeyan made a blasphemous claim of acharyas of advaitha , visisthadvaitha and dvaitha hiding the truth even though when they know truth perfectly well just for the sake of keeping their traditions alive.
I even now strongly disagree with that and in shastra they say that when a person condemns ur matha ( and if u feel its not true) then u should immediately write the khandana for it. Hence the result of that post. I do not even have a iota of resentment for that.
For the rest of the things u wrote I do not have any comments and u are free to practice whatever u want and I never forced u to understand or practice.
And meanwhile Shri Guru is not any particular individual but it represents to all things including nature which has taught me some good things in my life.

@Kunjuppu
Okay lets stop this discussion here , I posted that post instinctively and even now I do not feel I have done anything wrong.
Renuka Karthikeyan made a blasphemous claim of acharyas of advaitha , visisthadvaitha and dvaitha hiding the truth even though when they know truth perfectly well just for the sake of keeping their traditions alive.
I even now strongly disagree with that and in shastra they say that when a person condemns ur matha ( and if u feel its not true) then u should immediately write the khandana for it. Hence the result of that post. I do not even have a iota of resentment for that.
For the rest of the things u wrote I do not have any comments and u are free to practice whatever u want and I never forced u to understand or practice.
And meanwhile Shri Guru is not any particular individual but it represents to all things including nature which has taught me some good things in my life.

thank you hari. a good post.

may i please suggest, in future, when, and you will, disagree with someone, please post your disagreement right away as per the khandana. but one can be polite, and carry a heavier stick, than being loud and empty. right?

one last question: 'almighty Lord" - any particular Lord in mind? or just the Universal Creator - nameless and all powerful?

ps. no sarcasm meant in the last query. thanks.

Its not exactly related to this post but it acts as a preamble for tantra shastra,
firstly a Sanskrit verse which tells about tantra shastra
tanothi vipulaanarthaan tatvamantra samanvithan
traanam cha kuruthe yesmaath tantra mithyabhidheeyate
The shasthra which spreads the right knowledge and the knowledge of mantras and which takes the sadhaka to siddhi and which protects him in turbulent times , that shasthra is known as tantra shasthra.
In vishnu samhitha there is another exciting para on tantra shasthra,
sarveerthaa yena tanyanthe traayanthe cha bhayaajjanaaha
eti tantrasya tantratvam tantrajnaa parichakshase
A shashtra which fulfills every desires of a person and a shastra which protects the sadhaka from all evils is tantra shaasthra.
The uniqueness of tantra shasthra lies in that the effect of it can be seen immediately unlike vedanthas and puranas which we cannot determine if it is true or false(I mean its out of our hand) . But tantra shasthra specifies the results of a practice and blesses the sadhaka with the desired results.
But the people of India who should be proud of having a science like tantra shasthra is treating that as a superstitious practice and have almost forgotten it completely.
Read the lines of westerner Sir John Woodroff who dedicated his life to the practice of tantra shastra on Indians who call tantra a superstitious practice.
"They ( the english educated people) were, and some of them still are, the Manasputras of the English. For them what was the English and Western was the mode."
"Some of them care nothing about their Shastra . Others do not understand it."
"The Indian who has lost his Indian soul must regain it if he would retain that independence in his thought and in the ordering of his life which is the mark of a man that is of one who seeks Swarajya siddhi."
"Again the cause of this ignorance is the fact that the tantra shastra is a sadhana shastra.The greater part of which only becomes intelligible only by sadhana."
"A large number of these writers who talk in this strain have never had a tantra in their hands and such Orientalists as have read some portions of these scriptures have not generally understood them. Otherwise they would not have found them to be so "meaningless". They may be bad or they may be good but they have a meaning.Men are not such fools to believe what is meaningless"
The above lines are worth a read who ignore our scriptures and practices as superstitions and they throw it away without giving them due consideration.

Almighty lord the universal brahman who is ever pervasive and who resides in every mans heart , you can call him with whatever name you want as every shabdha denotes him only as he is sarva shabdha soochaka. I would write another post as how every sound made by anything in this world denotes the name of brahman only.

Thank you so much for your detail replies,can you go through this and comment.

Soham Mantra Meditation
Even ur website says what I have claimed, but that 21600 is not known to everybody. Even in tantra sara sangraha it does not say directly , I came to know the secret through a guru . But I believe many yogis know this and they keep it a secret.
Yoga schools as far as I believe teach the basics though many gurus know the advanced forms they would not teach those things to layman. You have to gain confidence of the master only then he will let u know the secrets.
But for a basic yogic pranayama , courses like art of living , soham meditation are very good. But if u really want to go deep in yoga then u may have to wander in search of as guru in places like kashi, varanasi. In south I believe kumbakonam , chidambaram are some places where many scholars and yogis reside.
Even I have not revealed the type of pranayama one has to perform to attain that state as we have to take vow of secrecy.I just said it existed and the logic behind it. But I am not practicing it as the nature of my body is more suitable for mantra japa. I have been initiated into tantra and I have had success with it. But if u really want to know the secrets u should stick to a guru and gain his confidence, but first u need to find a competent guru and I am pretty sure that they will not be in courses u have mentioned. Yogis from what I have noticed is they do not mingle with lot of people and they at max may take 3 to 4 people as their pupils. But once again the reverse may also be true, a yogi may have great number of people around him and may not feel disturbed at all. So I would not classify the characteristics of a yogi as it would be inappropriate. I just think the former is more likely. Hope u get my point.

I even now strongly disagree with that and in shastra they say that when a person condemns ur matha ( and if u feel its not true) then u should immediately write the khandana for it.

Dear Raghavendra,

You grossly misunderstood what I wrote. I didnt mention any name of any Acharya there..did I?

Ok this is what I had written:

Good attempt by you Sravna.I myself often wondered why is it so hard for people to realize that one path is just superimposed on the other and leads to the same destination eventually but still many wish for it to be distinctly separate.

Dont know why? May be to keep some traditions alive..sometimes even truth is denied.

Sometimes when we are too engrossed in wondering how a delicacy is made we actually forget to taste it.

I feel reconciling is not really possible if the mind fails to see.

Now...I didnt mean any Acharya here.I was saying about common people who might know the truth but still not agree for a reconciling just to keep traditions alive.

Anyway I am also putting a disclaimer here:

All mistakes in this post are mine and anything which is correct is due to the grace of God.

So if you misunderstood it you can take it as my mistake to fail to make it clear to the readers.

Last edited:
Dear Raghavendra,

You grossly misunderstood what I wrote. I didnt mention any name of any Acharya there..did I?

Ok this is what I had written:

Now...I didnt mean any Acharya here.I was saying about common people who might know the truth but still not agree for a reconciling just to keep traditions alive.

Anyway I am also putting a disclaimer here:

All mistakes in this post are mine and anything which is correct is due to the grace of God.

So if you misunderstood it you can take it as my mistake to fail to make it clear to the readers.

Thanks for making it clear , I don't have anything personal against you and I cannot have anything personal against you as I don't even know u personally. And as far as the truth is concerned , in Vedanta the word "the truth" always represents to the almighty "brahman" . And who are the people who have a chance to know this truth, its only the pundits, acharyas,yogis and tapaswis. I do not think any common man ( here it refers to a man who do not have any experience in scriptures and who do not understand various Vedanta philosophies in detail) can claim to know about the truth. Its from the above logic I thought u were referring to the acharyas of various Vedanta philosophies.
And lastly I think its a brahmin website and the least I think I can expect is people to show some respect to our acharyas and our scriptures.
And I posted another two posts which were a part of khandana ( I think the moderators have not posted that) and I am sorry if I have used any words which may hurt u , but it was nothing personal and it was sheer disgust and aghast which resulted in that post of mine where I apparently thought u were dismissing the acharyas of various Vedanta philosophy.
I apologize if it is not and I hope the almighty pardons me if I have committed any mistake.

Thanks for making it clear , I don't have anything personal against you and I cannot have anything personal against you as I don't even know u personally. And as far as the truth is concerned , in Vedanta the word "the truth" always represents to the almighty "brahman" . And who are the people who have a chance to know this truth, its only the pundits, acharyas,yogis and tapaswis. I do not think any common man ( here it refers to a man who do not have any experience in scriptures and who do not understand various Vedanta philosophies in detail) can claim to know about the truth. Its from the above logic I thought u were referring to the acharyas of various Vedanta philosophies.
And lastly I think its a brahmin website and the least I think I can expect is people to show some respect to our acharyas and our scriptures.
And I posted another two posts which were a part of khandana ( I think the moderators have not posted that) and I am sorry if I have used any words which may hurt u , but it was nothing personal and it was sheer disgust and aghast which resulted in that post of mine where I apparently thought u were dismissing the acharyas of various Vedanta philosophy.
I apologize if it is not and I hope the almighty pardons me if I have committed any mistake.

Dear Bro,

No problems..I am not hurt dear.

Raghav you wrote :

BTW dear Raghav..I am not a Brahmin.These website has lots of Non Brahmin members too.

Keep up your posts and take a nice tour down the Forum..if you actually mistakenly thought I was Blasphemous wait till you check out some other post.You will issue a Fatwa!!! Have fun dear.

Last edited:
[h=6]This post is not exactly mine . But when I was discussing with an acharya about the secrets of pranayama and mantra , the acharya directed me to this. Sankhya is a philosophy which if u go through it , u will be confirmed that it is much more advanced than our modern physics. But I also warn people that sankhya is not the ultimate philosophy as it has been condemned by Lord Vyasa himself. Hope this read satisfies u and re installs the belief that our scriptures are more scientific and they all are real. Enjoy the read and I would like to know ur view on this.
The prapti siddhi enables one to acquire any object one desires by transfering it from one location to one's hand. As mentioned in the Bhagavad Gita, there are eight material elements:
bhumir apo 'nalo vayuh
kham mano buddhir eva ca
ahankara itiyam me
bhinna prakritir ashtadha
"Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and false ego - all together these eight constitute My separated material energies."
The Sankhya system of philosophy explains how each element telescopes out from the previous element. The first physical or gross element is the ether. Within the ether all the other four gross elements are present (earth, water, fire and air) in a subtle form. The subtle quality of ether is sound, and from the sound expands the air. The subtle quality of air is touch (movement), and from the touch expands the fire. The subtle quality of fire is sight, and from the sight expands the water. The subtle quality of water is taste, and from the taste expands the earth. And finally, the subtle quality of earth, the last of the physical elements, is smell.
Thus you have a telescoping effect of the elements and their subtle qualities beginning from ether down to earth. Since each element is manifesting from the previous, each new element contains all of the qualities of the previous elements. The ether element, being the first, only possesses the quality of sound. One cannot touch, see, taste or smell ether. The air element, having expanded from the ether, possesses both the qualities of sound and touch. One can feel and hear the movements of air, but one cannot see, taste or smell the air. The fire element's added quality is sight. Thus one can see, touch and hear the fire, but one cannot taste or smell fire. The water, having expanded from the fire, can be heard, felt, seen and tasted, but not smelt. And earth, being the final element, contains all the five qualities of sound, touch, sight, taste and smell.
This sequence is the natural sequence of manifestation of gross matter. The prapti siddhi enables one, through mantra, to reverse this process and transform gross physical objects into ethereal objects by merging the respective elements into their source element. Thus one takes an object located in a particular location, and by utilizing mantra siddhi, one merges the earth element into the water element, the water element into the fire element, the fire element into the air element, and finally the air element into the ether element. As you merge each element into the previous, the corresponding quality disappears (being merged back into the source element). In this way, a physical object is transformed into an ethereal object with no quality other than sound. This ethereal object can be transferred over space by mind, and then the entire process is reversed to remanifest the original object in one's hand.
What appears as a mystical feat to most is actually manipulation of the subtle laws that govern physical nature. There are eight major siddhis and ten secondary siddhis, all of which are based on manipulation of the subtle laws of nature.[/h]

... As mentioned in the Bhagavad Gita, there are eight material elements:
bhumir apo 'nalo vayuh
kham mano buddhir eva ca
ahankara itiyam me
bhinna prakritir ashtadha
"Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and false ego - all together these eight constitute My separated material energies."
This indeed is the pinnacle of Hindu wisdom, expounded by none other than Lord Sri Krishna himself, not mere mortals like Adi Shankara or Bhagavat Ramanuja, namely there are eight basic elements, earth, water, fire, air, ether, manas, buddhi and ahankara. A more elaborate version of this actually asserts 25 tattvas, in addition to Jeeva and Brhman. You are free to hold this view just as long as you are not passing out of +2 looking for admission in one of the elite schools of higher learning. Then, you have to rely on more verifiable tattvas, unlike the ones that are simply asserted.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back