• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Guru Tegh Bahadur's Martyrdom day

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rcscwc

It falls on 24 November this year.

It is known that Akbar was a very liberal muslim ruler. He had a policy of tolerance for Hindus, largely because Rajputs never allowed his predecessor muslim rulers to settle properly. But that is btw.

But his greatson Aurangazeb was quite a muslim fanatic. He wanted to convert Indians to islam. Such an enterprise, in the past, was repeatedly thwarted by Rajputs. His governor in Kashmir let loose a reign of terror. Finally, a delegation of Kashmiri brahmins petitioned the Guru to intercede. Easier said than done. The Guru told that it would require a life sacrifice to drive home the point. Who will do it?

Assembly kept quite. Recall Elrond's council and the Question: Who will do it? Frodo, finally, agreed. Do you see a parallel?

But the Guru's son Gobind Das, 18 years, asked: Who would be a better sacrifice than YOU?

So, the Guru went to the court of Aurangzeb and pleaded the case. But he was asked to accept islam in return for the ransom. He REFUSED. The Guru was BEHEADED. Not only that, Aurangzeb prohibited the Cremation except that land was BOUGHT for this purpose, by covering it with gold coins. It was done too.

His place of martyrdome is marked by a temple Sisganj. Sis means HEAD.
Later, Gobing succeeded, meditated a lot and put IRON into Hindus and Sikhs. Rest is history.

How he put the iron I will post in future.

actually even though Akbar is said to be a liberal muslim in the sense that he tried to create a separate religion called din-e-ilahi, from inside he didn't subscribe to hinduism.
The hindu's at that times that's why didn't ask akbar to give the ram janma bhoomi back instead they took permission for a make shift temple in the form of sita ki rasoi and one other i forgot. They very well knew he will reject it.
He spread islam in kashmir.
History of Kashmir | Facebook
But u know even in pakistan there r extremely liberal leaders but these very leaders stay silent when conversion at sword point happen or when hindu girls are abducted and converted.
So I presume he might have overlooked the atrocities at that time in kashmir. and there was no communications and media at that time.
As far as appointments of hindu's in his govt that's just symbolic gesture which is followed by many. Even those hindu's who were appointed in his govt had to gulp in their throats that his govt and country was essentially islamic even though they were invadors.
But truth was that it was essentially a hindu land but they couldn't say it openly.

I want to tell one more thing that in pakistan punjab there are large number of muslim rajputs too. They have converted but they marry only in their respective rajput clans.

Only diff b/w aurengazeb or babur or shah jahan and akbar is that akbar never demolished temples and built mosques on them.

Actually arrival of Britishers was a boon in disguise for hindus otherwise picture would have been far worse.
The mughals thought now their destiny is to rule india forever. They were overconfident. But not so. First portugese came. Mughals resisted. Why? coz they knew that their supremacy will finish.
Hindu's and sikhs were smart enough to side with the british.
had portugese,brishtish not come it wouldn't have been india. It would have been islamic republic of musalmanistan or islamistan.
coz hindus were helpless and defenceless. They had no army. Only they could do is fight pitched gurilla battles against powerful mughals.
In south it was tipu sultan unceasing terror of rein.
http://sify.com/itihaas/fullstory.php?id=13375042

Last edited:
actually even though Akbar is said to be a liberal muslim in the sense that he tried to create a separate religion called din-e-ilahi, from inside he didn't subscribe to hinduism.
The hindu's at that times that's why didn't ask akbar to give the ram janma bhoomi back instead they took permission for a make shift temple in the form of sita ki rasoi and one other i forgot. They very well knew he will reject it.
He spread islam in kashmir.
History of Kashmir | Facebook
But u know even in pakistan there r extremely liberal leaders but these very leaders stay silent when conversion at sword point happen or when hindu girls are abducted and converted.
So I presume he might have overlooked the atrocities at that time in kashmir. and there was no communications and media at that time.
As far as appointments of hindu's in his govt that's just symbolic gesture which is followed by many. Even those hindu's who were appointed in his govt had to gulp in their throats that his govt and country was essentially islamic even though they were invadors.
But truth was that it was essentially a hindu land but they couldn't say it openly.

I want to tell one more thing that in pakistan punjab there are large number of muslim rajputs too. They have converted but they marry only in their respective rajput clans.

Only diff b/w aurengazeb or babur or shah jahan and akbar is that akbar never demolished temples and built mosques on them.

Yes, many in Pakistan trace their ancestry to Rajputs even more specifically to Suryavamshi or Chandravamshi despite the pathological dislike for anything that has do with Hinduism. Likewise there are muslim Jats in India too. In contrast look at "Pattani" muslims of Tamil Nadu, who are high in the social ladder amongst the muslims here

A request: As folks like me are not conversant with latest abbreviations such as btw, the moderator can prepare a glossary of the new abbreviated terms..

Swami

Thread is for information, not discussion of muslims' social status.

To rcscwc yes true this is only information and not blame muslims. Guru tegh bahadurs head was carried to delhi by two of his disciples and kept in a hut and Burnt to flame. That place they constructed a Gurudhwara. His sagrifies to the Hindu Kashmiri pandits.was a great thing. s.r.k.

Thanks for posting information on the sacrifice of Guru Tegh Bahadur's Martyrdom day. When I go to Delhi I used to visit the famous Sisganj Gurudhwara at Chandni Chowk to pay my obeisance to this great soul.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

@rcscwc
ok boss cool. one more thing its sheesh/shish not sis. but somewhere its written as sis also.
Even rakab ganj gurudwara was constructed by follower of his.

My Tribute to guru teg bahadur.
flower22.gif

I want to say RC that it was a good gesture on ur part that u decided to do this. Hope kashmiri pandit's also pay homage to Guru Teg Bahadur.
I have to confess that I didn't know this. So You have taught me a new thing. Thank you.

The spot where he was beheaded is marked by Gurudwara Sisganj. I know it is shish in Sanskrit, but it is written and pronounced as sis in Punjabi. Hope it helps.

more to add: The prayer in the hearts of the 500 Kashmiri Pandits when they approached Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahibji.
"Haun aayea duran chal ke,
main takki taun sarannaya jio,
main asau rakhi chit mein,
mera sabbe dookh gavaya jio,
When the almighty manifests himself in human form, he takesthe whole human race in his Loving Embrace. That's why Guru Sahibiji to save the soul he sacrificed his head and show to the world that he is a Jagath GURU. s.r.k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back