• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

gothrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly YES afik! It is marriage between people of the same Gothram which is discouraged, because they all belong to the same blood line (lineage). Even modern science supports this, since there are chances of birth defects in the progeny, in case of such marriages.

(more clarification on this is welcome from elders with knowledge on the subject!)

Thia topic has been discussed several times in this very Forum. I would request all to review these discussions from the past.

By the way, modern science does not back up the gothra system of marriage as for as the health of the progeny is concerned. By completely disregarding the impact of the 50% iof the genes inherited from the mother, the gothra system leaves open the possibility of a 'sagothra' impact from her.

Perhaps the only claim that can be made is that, the males of the same gothra share their Y chromosomes with an ancestor, unless this chain was also broken by a cheating wife, who convinced her husband that their son was his, while he was not!

Regards,
KRS

Last edited:
Certainly YES afik! It is marriage between people of the same Gothram which is discouraged, because they all belong to the same blood line (lineage). Even modern science supports this, since there are chances of birth defects in the progeny, in case of such marriages.

(more clarification on this is welcome from elders with knowledge on the subject!)
Mr Infin is very right. The marriages of same gothra shoud not happen for the reason aptly mentioned by Mr infin. But here I have a doubt. can marriage of same gothra of hindu Iyengar and Iyer happen. Suppose the boy is from Kannada origin, Iyengar and girl is from Tamil nadu, Iyer ; they below tosame gothra. Can this marriage be performed. Some authentic replies please. Kind Regards

will u accept a iyer of one gothram marrying a iyer of another gothram

another fraud posting in this forum?

sir, please explain who you are, and what is the background for this stupid statement.

a better query would be an iyer marrying an iyer of different gothram.

i suspect you are not a brahmin or a brahmin well wisher, but interested in playing the fool in this forum, at the expense of a lot of good people.

why don't you come clean?

thank you.

definitely we should be watchful against such fundamentally nonsense queries to come in the forum and waste time apart from causing metal agony to read and answer such wastes.

Very good Sri Kunjuppu ji. You seems to be very alert. Please keep it up. All the best

venkat,

please note that these observations are just from the viewpoint of an ordinary member.

when i put on the moderator hat, my post is 'red and bolded'.

any one of us, can and should, challenge, what appears to be fraudulent posts..

though sometimes, some good may come out of these, through some interesting discussions...

thanks.

panch,

we just have to keep an eye on those type of posts.

the only other alternative, is for the moderators, to vet out each new thread.

i think it was decided to go against that route by the moderator group.

if you feel a post is not bona fide, please feel free to challenge the member's intentions.

thanks.

I echo Sri Kunjuppu Ji's posting above.

Please disregard and/or challenge anyone's assertions that you do not agree with.

Regarding 'stupid' postings, the only stupid postings are those that are not posted even when the poster has legitimate questions, commensurate with his/her mode and level of thinking.

I had an uncle who thought of himself as an expert in Queen's English. His daily chore was to go through the entire Hindu news paper and underline statements that he considered as 'stupid' just because they did not conform to his notion of how English should be written. We need to be careful when we term someone's posting as 'stupid' without knowing who that person really is. Let people show themselves here. We want to welcome well meaning people here.

I would rather allow some insincere postings that people will sniff out in no time than to try to ban anything that WE THINK as 'stupid'.

Regards,
KRS

To the host,
before enrolling into this website, is there any possibility to verify the member. I am very sorry to say this because of some stupid queries in this sacred site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back