• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Good thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
ONE MORE thread devoted to thoughts! :bump2:

WOW! Our friends are made to THINK all the time! :clap2:

P.S. I did not know that Mr.a.v.v.r.is from cool Coimbatore too :)

Dear and Respected Members,

Entertain only good thoughts and there by ultimately achieve a state of total thoughtlessness…….

A.V.V.RAJAGOPAL-COIMBATOTRE- TAMILNADU

Sir,

Thoughtlessness occurs when either the brain is dead or in deep sleep, until then the brain is always engaged in some kind of thoughts.

So, what are you suggesting?

Entertain only good thoughts and there by ultimately achieve a state of total thoughtlessness…….

You started a thread elsewhere about "Yesterday Brahmins and today Dalits" . With such a weighty topic to pursue further, you are jumping to "a state of total thoughtlessness" by your good thoughts!

Last edited:
Dear Naina

That's AVVR's 'vanishing trick' again! With so many metals in his body, he won't
even show-up on an x-ray!

I think the moderators ought to have an exclusive page where one can make announcements /
pronouncements / unilateral comments and then lie low.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear all respected members,

IMHO, the message in OP emphasizes that -

Bad thoughts leads to multifold bad thoughts, bad actions, severe restlessness, negative impact on self and others AND ultimately keep burdening your Brain with multifold bad thoughts. Unless you keep striving to eliminate bad thoughts (bad thoughts due your negative, wrong and deceiving thinking) and replace them all with Good and Pure thoughts, you will be full of multiple thoughtfulness (you will find bad thoughts as right thoughts for the self and keep giving different colors to such thoughts)

Once Good thoughts are achieved completely you can expect to gain total thoughtlessness. That' is, you become Gnyaani.. :)

These days, children are the best teachers and the most powerful weapon
in life is a smile, which will take us a long way. Similarly, one gets complete
satisfaction by performing the duties to the parents and elders besides
forgiving the mistakes of others.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Last edited:
Sir,

Thoughtlessness occurs when either the brain is dead or in deep sleep, until then the brain is always engaged in some kind of thoughts.

Dear Govinda,

Very true, you read my thoughts.Its almost next to impossible to keep the mind still what more thought free.
Thats only the conscious mind we are talking about.
What about the subconscious mind?I dont think we mere mortals can stop that function too.

Actually there is an interval between thought waves just like how there is an interval between a heart beat and another.

Can this interval between one thought wave and the other be considered a state of Thoughtlessness?
If it is.. that means by prolonging this interval one can achieve a state of Thoughtlessness.

How much does thoughtlessness enhance spirituality is the next question.

Mind is only needed up to a certain extent in the quest for spirituality.

We all know that the Koshas are 5 in number ;

1)Annamaya Kosha
2)Pranamaya Kosha
3)Manomaya Kosha
4)Vijnanamaya Kosha
5)Anandamaya Kosha

Manomaya Kosha contains the Antahkarana loosely called the Mind is only No 3 in the position.

Ok I will skip the rest and jump to Anandamaya Kosha(the Bliss sheath)

Read this:

anandamaya kosha
(bliss-apparent-sheath), literally the bliss sheath is associated with the karana-sharira or causal body. This is the stage in which atma (the Self) experiences the eternal bliss, a perfect state of peace, comfort, stability and carefree nature. This svarupa (inmost Self form) is the ultimate foundation of all life, intelligence and higher faculties. This state is explained as the state of sthitaprajna. This is also known as the state of samadhi.

taken from anandamaya kosha -

I feel a true state of Thoughtlessness is achieved when the function of the Anandamaya Kosha is the fullest.
Cos Bliss is an Experience and not a Thought.

Just like when we fall in Love...its an experience and not a thought..that the closest simple example I could choose to describe.

Last edited:
Normally, one should not expect unimaginable things in the life. Sometimes
expectations bring unhappiness and sorrow. In fact, life is entirely different
from a person who educates us in the School. We read lessons under his/her
guidance and take the examination but in the life, we undergo the exam first
and then learn the lessons.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear Naina

That's AVVR's 'vanishing trick' again! With so many metals in his body, he won't
even show-up on an x-ray!

I think the moderators ought to have an exclusive page where one can make announcements /
pronouncements / unilateral comments and then lie low.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

May be he is going to be the 21st century internet version of Sri Seshadri Swamigal of Tiruvannamalai?
Seshadri Swamigal was supposedly well-known for uttering totally incomprehensible phrases and let the others figure out!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back