• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

God's creations !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raji Ram

A girl is sitting on the couch with her grandpa and studying the wrinkles on his old face.

She gets up the nerve to rub her fingers over the wrinkles.

She touches her own face and looks more puzzled.

Finally the girl asks, "Grandpa, did God make you?"

44355f16-df4d-4b71-902c-a3dbd9df3dd7.jpg

"He sure did honey, a long time ago," replies her grandpa.

"Well, did God make me?" asks the girl.

"Yes, He did, and that wasn't too long ago," answers her grandpa.

"Boy," says the little girl, "He's sure doing a lot better job these days isn't He?"

Source:
http://www.ba-bamail.com/content.aspx?emailid=27405 :)

Well it takes me to a poem I was taught in school

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:
The Lord God made them all.

I don't remember the entire poem it is all about the beauty of God's creations,!

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.

Each little flower that opens,
Each little bird that sings,
He made their glowing colours,
He made their tiny wings.

All things bright ...

The rich man in his castle,
The poor man at his gate,
God made them high and lowly,
And ordered their estate.

All things bright ...

The purple headed mountain,
The river running by,
The sunset and the morning,
That brightens up the sky;−

All things bright ...

The cold wind in the winter,
The pleasant summer sun,
The ripe fruits in the garden,−
He made them every one:

All things bright ...

The tall trees in the greenwood,
The meadows where we play,
The rushes by the water,
We gather every day;−

All things bright ...

He gave us eyes to see them,
And lips that we might tell,
How great is God Almighty,
Who has made all things well.

All things bright ...

Source: Wiki

One who says that I know God does not know; one who knows the Truth says that I do not know. God is the unknown to a person of true knowledge; only the ignorant claim to know God (Kenoupanishad 2.01-03). The ultimate source of cosmic energy is and will remain a big mystery. Any specific description of God, including a description of heaven and hell, is nothing but a mental speculation.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore

.......The ultimate source of cosmic energy is and will remain a big mystery. Any specific description of God, including a description of heaven and hell, is nothing but a mental speculation. ............
:thumb:

Dear Brahmanyan Sir,

This is the reason why I write often that 'Gods and Goddesses are man-made'! :)

There are several descriptions of Them, and all those descriptions are 'created' by humans.

We select our Isha Deivam according to our liking. :cool: (Mine is Shakthi Vinayakar).

The ultimate source of cosmic energy is what I think is THE ALMIGHTY! :pray:

avar indri OraNuvum asaiyAdhu!

One who says that I know God does not know; one who knows the Truth says that I do not know. God is the unknown to a person of true knowledge; only the ignorant claim to know God (Kenoupanishad 2.01-03). The ultimate source of cosmic energy is and will remain a big mystery. Any specific description of God, including a description of heaven and hell, is nothing but a mental speculation.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore

Na Tasya Pratima Asti.

Na Tasya Pratima Asti.

Doctor,

Here are my notes on "idol worship" copied from various sources.

Yajur Veda is clear when it declare "Na tasya prathima asti" (32:3) - "There is no image of Him". It declares worship of created things arise from ignorance "Andhatama pravishanti ye asambhuti mupaste". ( 40:9) "Deep into shade of blinding gloom fall asambhuti's worshipers. They sink to darkness deeper yet who on sambhuti are intent."
(Yajurveda Samhita by Ralph T. H. Giffith). "Sambhuti" means created things, "Asambhuti" means "not created or natural elements".
I give below further quotes from other scriptures.
"Ekam evadvitiyam"
"He is One only without a second." [Chandogya Upanishad 6:2]
"Na casya kascij janita na cadhipah."
"Of Him there are neither parents nor lord." [Svetasvatara Upanishad 6:9]
"Na tasya pratima asti"
"There is no likeness of Him." [Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:19]
"shudhama poapvidham"
"He is bodiless and pure." [Yajurveda 40:8]
"Na samdrse tisthati rupam asya, na caksusa pasyati kas canainam."
"His form is not to be seen; no one sees Him with the eye." [Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:20]

To my mind it is certain that we cannot understand the mystery of creation with the available natural abilities of Body (senses) mind and intellect ,provided to us.

கண்டவர் விண்டிலர், விண்டவர் கண்டிலர்

தமிழ் மறைகளும் உபனிஷத்துகளும் இறைவனின் பெருமையைக் கூறுமிடத்து
இறைவனை சொற்களால் வருணிக்க முடியாது என்றும் சொற்களுக்கு எட்டாத
தூரத்தில் இருப்பவனே இறைவன் என்றும் தெளிவாகக் கூறுகின்றன.

My search for an answer will continue.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Doctor,

Here are my notes on "idol worship" copied from various sources.

Yajur Veda is clear when it declare "Na tasya prathima asti" (32:3) - "There is no image of Him". It declares worship of created things arise from ignorance "Andhatama pravishanti ye asambhuti mupaste". ( 40:9) "Deep into shade of blinding gloom fall asambhuti's worshipers. They sink to darkness deeper yet who on sambhuti are intent."
(Yajurveda Samhita by Ralph T. H. Giffith). "Sambhuti" means created things, "Asambhuti" means "not created or natural elements".
I give below further quotes from other scriptures.
"Ekam evadvitiyam"
"He is One only without a second." [Chandogya Upanishad 6:2]
"Na casya kascij janita na cadhipah."
"Of Him there are neither parents nor lord." [Svetasvatara Upanishad 6:9]
"Na tasya pratima asti"
"There is no likeness of Him." [Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:19]
"shudhama poapvidham"
"He is bodiless and pure." [Yajurveda 40:8]
"Na samdrse tisthati rupam asya, na caksusa pasyati kas canainam."
"His form is not to be seen; no one sees Him with the eye." [Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:20]

To my mind it is certain that we cannot understand the mystery of creation with the available natural abilities of Body (senses) mind and intellect ,provided to us.

கண்டவர் விண்டிலர், விண்டவர் கண்டிலர்

தமிழ் மறைகளும் உபனிஷத்துகளும் இறைவனின் பெருமையைக் கூறுமிடத்து
இறைவனை சொற்களால் வருணிக்க முடியாது என்றும் சொற்களுக்கு எட்டாத
தூரத்தில் இருப்பவனே இறைவன் என்றும் தெளிவாகக் கூறுகின்றன.

My search for an answer will continue.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Dear Sir..
But the idea of an image of God does allow an intimate personal relationship.

For eg in the mornings I play Shiva Tandava Stotram and sing along to keep it in my memory when I do yoga.

That time it feels nice to be able to feel connected to Shiva.

So image worship too has some loving touch.

Dear Sir..
But the idea of an image of God does allow an intimate personal relationship.

For eg in the mornings I play Shiva Tandava Stotram and sing along to keep it in my memory when I do yoga.

That time it feels nice to be able to feel connected to Shiva.

So image worship too has some loving touch.

Doctor,
Oh. Yes. Any form of worship is a discipline or a method to calm down and unify the mind with the creator, in other words it is a "yoga". My wife spends a lot of time performing "Puja" to numerous small idols on Friday. In spite of her rheumatic and other health problems, she attends religious classes conducted in our locality. That is her way of "search" to connect with her God.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Dear Renu,

When you feel 'connected' to Lord Shiva, tomorrow, please ask Him whether he feels pain! ;)

Dear Renu,

When you feel 'connected' to Lord Shiva, tomorrow, please ask Him whether he feels pain! ;)

Good question..
When I was questioning God if He feels pain..
I didnt have a personal God in mind.

I guess that time I was connecting to Brahman or Allah?
Cos I truly didnt have an image in my mind.

Dear Renu,

Lord Shiva is a human made God and you say you feel 'connected' to Him.

Hence I requested you to ask your Q to Him. :)

BTW, don't you think Lord Shiva is a God?

Dear Renu,

Lord Shiva is a human made God and you say you feel 'connected' to Him.

Hence I requested you to ask your Q to Him. :)

BTW, don't you think Lord Shiva is a God?

Dear RR ji...

I admire the form of Lord Shiva as a super macho good looking persona but at a deeper level I accept Him as an Force that has many facets..from the Tandava at an atomic level to the Chidambara we hardly know as in Rahasyam...
At a more human level He represents language(Maheswara Sutrani) and finally He is Dissolution.

When such a force is so multifacet at times you really do not want to even give Him a name cos I would limit Him to a mere word.

So calling Him a God..could be an understatement for in the real sense I cant decipher Him.

After writing all this I suddenly feel may be cos I am totally attracted to His good looks image I have been conditioned to imagine has made me belt out such a multifacet explanation of Him.

After all when we are attracted to a form..words are arranged like a garland!LOL

Begging is more honest at the time of helplessness. Creator operate in our mind and suggest a way to solve the difficulty. In this case "Bhiksha" is fair enough to solve the immediate need of the Russian, which he may take as the order of Lord Siva.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Begging is more honest at the time of helplessness. Creator operate in our mind and suggest a way to solve the difficulty. In this case "Bhiksha" is fair enough to solve the immediate need of the Russian, which he may take as the order of Lord Siva.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

The Good The Bad & The Ugly - Beg Borrow & Steal

Ramakrishna had kali vision. Tenali Rama had. Kali das had. Abhirami Battar had. How these had the vision of Kali?

Thyagaraja could admire the beauty of Lord Rama in so many different ways!

He thinks of Sage Viswamithra's experiences, seeing the curls of Rama's beautiful hair dance on His forehead,

on two different occasions. Here is the beautiful song:
Alakalalla

Meaning of the full song- ( courtesy: Carnatic Songs - alakalalla )

What profound ecstasy should have thrilled sage Vishvamitra when, after the subjugation of Maricha,

he was gazing on the curly forlocks gamboling on Shri Rama's forehead?

Again, later on, responding to the gesture of the sage, when Rama effortlessly lifted and broke the ponderous

bow of Shiva, what rapturous delight the sage should have experienced at the sight of the victorious sport of

the forlocks on Shri Rama's forehead?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back