• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri.Arun Shankar, Greetings.

I think you deleted one of your posts! Funny enough, I was trying to quote that post. Anyway, Richard Dawkins referered to God in the Abrahmic religions. He went with that assumption. I know it well; I sleep with one of the Dawkin admirer every night ( sometimes days). That's why there were not enough options for the likes of me. If we go by the Eastern philosophies, things are slightly differently explained. In fact, God doesn't even play the central role. So, belief in God is not that important at all. When that belief itself is irrelevant in importance, how important would be that poll?

Cheers!

Renuka,

I noticed your earlier post about seed and tree. But one can see the tree in the seed. If we study the DNA of the seed, that map would reveal the information packed in there. It would show the tree size, approximate age it may survive, possible disease it may suffer etc. Just because we can't see with our naked eye it doesn't mean we can't see.

Cheers!

Yes..so if we study ourselves in detail we will know about God.This is what Self Realization is all about.

God is in us..it is just we who have failed to see Him.

Hey Raghy..you can really give good explanations(wonder if it is the hangover of last night's JD!!LOL)

Arunshanker,

Could you please clarify what did you mean by the term God? God to different people could mean different things. Some believe in a personal God like Rama, Krishna, etc., while some believe in a unviersal God attaching names to it like Ishwara etc., while some others simply believe in the existence of a higher power and may not name it is God.

Personally, I voted for "Strong theist". I strongly believe that "avan inri oor anuvum asaiyadu". I may stand in front of Him, cry and sometimes question his very existence, but then I know that He is within me, around me and in fact makes up for what is called me.

Vijay

Dear Raghy,

The other day my son drew a picture of a Hindu form of divinity with guns,bazookas, and some weapons of mass destruction.

I asked him "what is this?"

He said "God moves with the time"

Yes..so if we study ourselves in detail we will know about God.This is what Self Realization is all about.

God is in us..it is just we who have failed to see Him.

Hey Raghy..you can really give good explanations(wonder if it is the hangover of last night's JD!!LOL)

Dear Renuka, Greetings.

You are right. If one believes the God within, one has to see that God or even attempt to see that God. I quite agree, we have to study ourselves well. God can't be seen; God can only be realised. That means God can't be shown either. It is up to the individual effort. A discussion about God can be fruitful; a debate about God would be meaningless because each one of us stand on our own plane which is not common for everybody. The closest I can get would be is, sometimes I can think in your shoes. That's all. Even as an individual, we are not the same all the time. We always go through those 6 qualities in our satva, Rajo and thamasa gunas. That already makes 6X3 = 18 combinations. Amoung those 18, who knows how many combinations we go through at any given instant? That's why we don't even agree to ourselves, leave alone agreeing to others.

About the JD... Hahaha!.. remember Obelix fell in the magic potion cauldron when he was a baby and had a permanent effect all the time? I think I have a permanent JD effect all the time.. just tops it once in a week! :)

obelix.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
Dear Raghy,

My son is 12 years old and his cousin is 2 years old.
Both like each other and play with each other when the 2 year old boy comes over.

But when the 2 year old goes home my son will start saying that his grandmother(my mother) showed more love to the 2 year old.

My son then starts to get jealous!LOL

He will then say "I don't like my cousin etc"

But when the 2 year old kid comes over my son loves to play with him and they hug and kiss too.

So I asked my son "you keep complaining that grandma shows more love to him and you say you do not like him...then why do you keep playing,hugging and kissing him?"

My son said "Yes amma, that's my mistake..I know I am wrong..that's why last night I prayed to God to forgive me"

So I thought that my son was feeling remorseful for finding fault with his cousin and I told him "Varun you are a good boy..God will surely listen to your prayers"

To my surprise my son said "Yes amma ..I told God please forgive me for my mistake of being stupid enough to play,hug and kiss my cousin"

And I thought he was showing remorse!LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back