• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

God is just a Stepping Stone | Sadhguru

His explanation about Ista devata is unique.
We have repeated quest for Kula devem.
Are we looking for something out of ignorance?

Watch his other videos..he does talk about the importance of Kula Deivam in detail.
He in facts advises for it to continue.
Sadguru is very technical.

He divorces emotions and bhakti from most of his discourses.
He makes everything a science of tantra kind and he views Kula deivam as an energy form created for well being of a Kula and it has to be maintained.

At times his videos contradict each other but it goes unnoticed by many becos he has this ability at times to talk "cock" but presented ever so nice.

But I dont deny there is a heck of a lot of positive information too in his videos.

He is not too much into bhakti and says bhakti movement started after Islamic invasion and he says a bhakta does not function with science..a bhakta functions with emotions as the substratum.

Sadguru maintains that Hindus are seekers and not believers..seeking Moksha.
He links a temple to a place not to pray but just to recharge with positive energy.
He says concept of prayer to God almighty is an Abrahamic concept cos Hindus only seek Moksha as their goal in life.

But he recently contradicted himself yet again when he said devotion is the highest form of knowledge.
(but the fact is Bhagavad Geeta allows all forms of Yoga from Bhakti to Jnaana)

So when seeing his videos..see it with a puff of Marijuana.
Its feels good sometimes but at times it goes off orbit too.

I guess thats fine..there is no Fatwa concept in Hinduism.

Ooops I forgot Smirtis are there!LOL

There are so many ancient grand temples which are in a state of neglect and the deities in these temples which were once "kula deivam" have been forgotten by the many families who trace their "poorvikam" to villages/ towns close to these temples. I do not understand the context in which "repeated quest for kula devem" is written but I do feel that if people attached some importance to their "kula deivam" the money that's all going to just a few popular temples housing powerful "deities" would be better distributed and many of these forgotten temples can be restored and maintained. People can still love their "Ishta Devata" while remembering their "Kula Deivam"!

I liked the part about heresy. I am also fond of telling people who talk about "true" God, that for all we know, the aborigines and hottentots may be having the correct idea of God in spite of being primitive in other ways!

Latest ads

Back