• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Freedom from Likes and Dislikes - By: Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

"Your personality is a complex system of likes and dislikes. They are the fundamental basis - the building blocks, of your personality. Existing in the world with likes and dislikes is a very foolish way to exist. Please look at it carefully - the fundamental basis of your bondage is in like and dislike. But unfortunately, the logical mind makes you believe that doing what you like is your freedom. While operating on the physical realm itself, even with your work or family - likes and dislikes make you do stupid things. If you don’t like somebody - even if this person is doing something wonderful, you will not see it. If you like somebody - even if they are doing terrible things, you cannot see it anymore; your intelligence is forsaken.

Now, the basis of yoga is fundamentally to destroy the process of like and dislike and to help you go beyond them; and this extends itself to every aspect of your life including your own body. There is a very deep sense of like and identification with the body. You cannot identify yourself with something if you don’t like it, isn’t it? So, if you just become free from this process of like and dislike, you will see, you can take your body for a walk everyday, but you’re not it; that will become the reality with you. When you are no longer stuck to the body, your life here and beyond is not a problem anymore. It gets handled by itself."

WOW! A new thread to make J.V guru vs J.D guru.

Mr. Prasad ! Now don't pounce on me with a verbal sword.

I mean no harm to anyone. I have the highest regards to J V guriji. :hail:

I Love his Esha yoga center and the Dhyanalingam temple at Coimbatore.

WOW! A new thread to make J.V guru vs J.D guru.

Mr. Prasad ! Now don't pounce on me with a verbal sword.

I mean no harm to anyone. I have the highest regards to J V guriji. :hail:

I Love his Esha yoga center and the Dhyanalingam temple at Coimbatore.

I respect you madam, and even more now that I know we have similar taste.
We were there to visit the center in 2008. I was highly impressed with the place.

"Your personality is a complex system of likes and dislikes. They are the fundamental basis - the building blocks, of your personality. Existing in the world with likes and dislikes is a very foolish way to exist. Please look at it carefully - the fundamental basis of your bondage is in like and dislike. But unfortunately, the logical mind makes you believe that doing what you like is your freedom. While operating on the physical realm itself, even with your work or family - likes and dislikes make you do stupid things. If you don’t like somebody - even if this person is doing something wonderful, you will not see it. If you like somebody - even if they are doing terrible things, you cannot see it anymore; your intelligence is forsaken.

Now, the basis of yoga is fundamentally to destroy the process of like and dislike and to help you go beyond them; and this extends itself to every aspect of your life including your own body. There is a very deep sense of like and identification with the body. You cannot identify yourself with something if you don’t like it, isn’t it? So, if you just become free from this process of like and dislike, you will see, you can take your body for a walk everyday, but you’re not it; that will become the reality with you. When you are no longer stuck to the body, your life here and beyond is not a problem anymore. It gets handled by itself."

Perfect...so I am not going to click LIKE for this! First step to delete LIKES and DISLIKES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back