• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fighting our enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bhagavatham II-01-33 says—

anantavīryaḥ śvasitaṃ mātariśvā gatirvayaḥ karma guṇapravāhaḥ

That is, "His activities are the reactions of the three modes of material nature." Therefore, all these shadripus are emanating from the activities of Srimannarayana and hence these need to be considered as as much divine as the activities of the Supreme Lord within our BMI (Body-Mind-Intellect). We should worship these six items if possible; even calling them as enemies is tantamount to blasphemy! The question of controlling these divine activities is also equally blasphemous.

Shadripus ki jai ho! Shadripus amar rahe!! should be our slogan of life!

If you wanted to fill a bucket with water, but if the bucket had six large holes near the bottom, you will not be able to fill the bucket.
In that respect shad ripus are the holes in our true self that dissipates all our energies. Unless you cover or eliminate these holes (shad ripus) one can not achieve Sat-Chit-Anand.

Then agains when Maharishis are debating, common folks should keep quite, Silence is golden.

Then agains when Maharishis are debating, common folks should keep quite, Silence is golden.

dear Prasad ji,

There are no Rishis here..we only have Krishis who are still tilling the religious fields...so everyone is a commoner.

True Maharishis remain silent all the way thru or only visit forum every few weeks and yet remain silent and ignore mundane activities.

remembering and forgetting are all effects of maya. I was perhaps maya afflicted when I asked you. LOL

To forget one has to first remember.

It is not possible to forget without remembering but it is possible to remember without forgetting.

To constantly remember is contemplation and to constantly forget is "Mayafication".

To remember not and to forget not is Meditation.

To forget one has to first remember.

It is not possible to forget without remembering but it is possible to remember without forgetting.

To constantly remember is contemplation and to constantly forget is "Mayafication".

To remember not and to forget not is Meditation.

Hey wait. Not so fast. First let me count the knots.

Hey wait. Not so fast. First let me count the knots.

In reality time ceases to exist..there is no slow or fast..there is no count...there is only NOW and Nothing Else.

Whoa Come With Me Now!

I hope you still remember that song!LOL

whoa. Please allow me to breath. I need oxygen badly. LOL.

O2(Oxygen)

It's strange that we need O2 to breathe.

O2 is a "dual" molecule.

Wonder why this alone there is no Advaita..there is only Vishisthadvaita in the human breath.

We need 2 of O to breath to unite for us to breathe.

2 becomes 1 here.

O2(Oxygen)

It's strange that we need O2 to breathe.

O2 is a "dual" molecule.

Wonder why this alone there is no Advaita..there is only Vishisthadvaita in the human breath.

We need 2 of O to breath to unite for us to breathe.

2 becomes 1 here.

visishtadvaita is advantages qualified. It says it requires two to tango. LOL. Unfortunately ad siting do not understand and go around soloing.

Last edited:
visishtadvaita is advantages qualified. It says it requires two to tango. LOL. Unfortunately ad siting do not understand and go around soloing.

Well that is the drawback of VA..it only allows 2 to Tango.

Advaita allows multisome and finally when everything is over nothing exists!LOL

Well that is the drawback of VA..it only allows 2 to Tango.

Advaita allows multisome and finally when everything is over nothing exists!LOL
Now I understand what it will be like. Like the rand aka randakka randakka.......... But it won't be tango anymore.

Dear Shri Vaagmi, Renuka

I agree that the six emotions are necessary. If they were not necessary they wouldn't exist in the first place. As our ego grows, the danger from these six emotions to others and to self also grows. This is when one has to bring them back into control as they become not only destructive but also self destructive.

Almost everyone has some ego. So there is always some potential harm that lurks on everyone due to an excess in these emotions. Analyzing them would be the first step in doing away with them. But that's like knowing to ride a bicycle in theory. The mastery over emotions comes with sincere efforts in implementation.

I have a feeling that the understanding of the emotions has to happen at a deep level. Only then mind can really exert control over them. But again deep intuitive knowledge happens with incessant personal experiences and the right knowledge.,

Thanks Shri Vaagmi and Renuka for your excellent contributions.

Dear Shri Vaagmi, Renuka

I agree that the six emotions are necessary. If they were not necessary they wouldn't exist in the first place. As our ego grows, the danger from these six emotions to others and to self also grows. This is when one has to bring them back into control as they become not only destructive but also self destructive.

Almost everyone has some ego. So there is always some potential harm that lurks on everyone due to an excess in these emotions. Analyzing them would be the first step in doing away with them. But that's like knowing to ride a bicycle in theory. The mastery over emotions comes with sincere efforts in implementation.

I have a feeling that the understanding of the emotions has to happen at a deep level. Only then mind can really exert control over them. But again deep intuitive knowledge happens with incessant personal experiences and the right knowledge.,

Thanks Shri Vaagmi and Renuka for your excellent contributions.

Dear Sravna,

The ego is technically very fragile.

By ego I mean the "Feeling of I am the Doer".

Ego is cultivated..its the add ons we pick up in life.

Ego and Self are not the same.

Self is our core nature...what I call the Nucleus.

Ego is eccentric and latches on the cytoplasm of life.

Even though the ego can actually mutate the cells but it can also just disappear when realized that its vestigial..that is it has a very limited literally unknown function in the body.

Ego needs duality to exists.

The feeling of Me and You need to exists for ego to establish itself.

A person who lives in solitude will have a very under develop ego becos he does not interact with many people so the You and I feeling in him is very less.

As time goes on either he sheds his ego and becomes Self or he becomes insane.

So its a risk one has to take if he wants to become Self.

Without self-confidence, cultivation of ego is difficult. Only thru egoistic attitude one can achieve in life for self and others.

I can cite two examples; one in sports and another in politics.

Sports

In the early 1980s, Pakistan was struggling to beat India in one day matches. In the first match at Sharjah, chasing 125 runs, Pakistan was dismissed below 90. In the Champions trophy in Australia in 1985, India won the final against Pakistan under Sunil Gavaskar. But one match changed the entire scenario. In the final of Australiasia cup in Sharjah, Javed Miandad single handedly won otherwise an imposing run rate by hitting a six in the last ball of the match of Chetan Sharma and won the trophy.

Afterwards, there was no turning back for Pakistan. Javed Miandad did it again in the Semi Final of 1992 word cup against New Zealand. Many used to call him as a street fighter. But he has won some incredible matches, which was probably the self-confidence due to his egoistic attitude.

Politics

The success of Narendra Modi is another example, which was due to the self-confidence. While so many regional politicians are finding it difficult to make a mark at the National level, and senior level National level leaders were unable to impress, his achievement was quite sensational.

Ego is a driving force for achievement.

Please refer to my post # 23. I have mentioned there about a kavithai by the Malayalam poet ONV Kurup. I enjoyed that kavithai immensely and so I am sharing it here with members here.

The kavithai in its original form is this(lipi is Tamil but language is Malayalam):

கவிதையின் பெயர்: ஒரு வட்டம் கூடி........Name of the kavithai_Oruvattam kooti....
கவிஞன்: திரு O N V குருப்பு. Poet: Sri ONV Kurup
சினிமா: சில்லு Movie: Chillu
பாடியவர்: S. ஜானகி. Sung by: S.Janaki.

1.ஒருவட்டம்கூடி என் ஓர்மைகள் மேயுன்ன
திருமுற்றத்து எத்துவான் மோஹம்.

2.திருமுற்றத்தொரு கோணில் நில்க்குன்னோரானெல்லி
மரம் ஒன்னுலுத்துவான் மோஹம்.

3.அடருன்ன காய்மணிகள் பொழியும்போள் சென்னெடுத்து
அதிலொன்னு தின்னுவான் மோஹம்.

4.சுகமெழும் கைப்பும் புளிப்பும் மதுரவும்
நுகருவான் இப்போழும் மோஹம்.

5.தொடியிலே கிணர்வெள்ளம் கோரிக்குடிச்சு
எந்து மதுரம் என்னோதுவான் மோஹம்.

6.ஒருவட்டம் கூடி ஆ புழயுட தீரத்து
வெருதே இரிக்குவான் மோஹம்.

7.வெருதே இருன்னொரு குயிலிண்டே பாட்டுகேட்டு
எதிர்ப்பாட்டு பாடுவான் மோஹம்.

8.அதுகேள்கே உச்சத்தில் கூகும்
குயிலிண்டே ஸ்ருதி பின் துடருவான் மோஹம்.

9.ஒடுவில் பிணங்கி பறந்து போகும் பக்ஷியோடு
அருதே யென்னோதுவான் மோஹம்.

10.வெருதே ஈமோஹங்கள் என்னறியும்போழும்
வெருதே மோஹிக்குவான் மோஹம்.

Meaning in Tamil:

1.ஒருதரம் கூட என் நினைவுகள் சென்று மேய்ந்திடும் அந்த பள்ளியின் திருமுற்றத்துக்கு செல்ல வேண்டும் என்று ஆசை.

2.அங்கு ஒரு ஓரத்தில் நிற்கும் அந்த நெல்லி மரத்திலேறி அதனை உலுப்பவேண்டுமென்று ஆசை.

3.பொழிந்திடும் காய் மணிகளில் ஒன்றை எடுத்துத் தின்றிடவேண்டுமென்று ஆசை.

4.சுகமாய் கைப்பும், புளிப்பும், இனிப்பும் கலந்த சுவையை அனுபவிக்க இப்போதும் கூட ஆசை.

5.கோப்பையில் கிணற்று நீரை கோரிக்குடித்து என்ன இனிப்பு என்று வியந்து போக ஆசை.

6.ஒரு தரம் கூட அந்த வாய்க்காலின் கரையில் சும்மாவே அமர்ந்திருக்க ஆசை.

7.சும்மா அமர்ந்திருந்து அங்கு குயிலின் பாட்டைக்கேட்டு அதற்கு எதிர்ப்பாட்டு பாடிட ஆசை.

8.அதைக்கேட்டு (ஏமாந்து) உச்சத்தில் கூவும் குயிலின் ஸ்ருதியை பின்தொடர்ந்திட ஆசை.

9.இறுதியில் என்னோடு பிணங்கிப் பறந்துபோகும் அந்த பறவையிடம் போகாதே என்று கெஞ்சிட ஆசை.

10.இவையெல்லாம் வெறும் ஆசைகளே என்று அறிந்தும்கூட இப்படியே இன்னும் ஆசைப்படவேண்டுமென்று ஆசை.

Renukaji, please take the help of a translator. You will enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back