• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Father's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Dr Renu

Nice idea to celebrate Mothers' Day during Navarathri. But can you tell us why Fathers' Day
is not celebrated on the same day, worldwide ? - It's in 1st/2nd week June in US, Canada etc.
and is 1st week Sept Australia / NZ etc.

When do you think we should be celebrating it - Maha Shiva Ratri / Gokulashtami ?

Signing of with quotes from Mark Twain :

1 . When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have
the old man around. But when I was twenty-one, I was astonished how much he'd
learned in just seven years !

2 . By the time a man realises that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who
thinks he's wrong !

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Father's Day is celebrated in India too. It is an occasion to remember those parents,
particular the Father. Because the Father of a family plays a major role in the life
of their children's upcoming. While it is celebrated on June 17 in USA, Canada and UK,
(third Sunday of June), it is celebrated on September 2nd in Australia and New Zeland
(first Sunday).

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear Dr Renu

Nice idea to celebrate Mothers' Day during Navarathri. But can you tell us why Fathers' Day
is not celebrated on the same day, worldwide ? - It's in 1st/2nd week June in US, Canada etc.
and is 1st week Sept Australia / NZ etc.

When do you think we should be celebrating it - Maha Shiva Ratri / Gokulashtami ?

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Since Father's day is not celebrated the on the same day all over the world it makes it easier for Indians in India cos just like how Nehru's B'day is celebrated as children's day let Gandhi Jayanti be celebrated as Father's day in India.

Gandhi was Father of the Nation so that would be the best day to be celebrated as Father's day.

My father is quite aged..In fact he used only only one eye for vision...

My parents had come to our place recently...My father wanted to observe the thithi of my grandparents

So I arranged the Vadhyar & the elaborate Sraddham took place at Vadhyars residence

Vadhyar was pleasantly surprised by the devotion of my father towards his parents at
his ripe age & in this modern fast track world

I would call this devotion as very sincere & pure...So Fathers day in his case was at the time of
the Thithi

For mortals like us let us celebrate Fathers day whenever we feel that we would like to thank our Father for any special occasion...

Let us celebrate Father's day for all our achievements in life be it education, first employment and the health & wealth in whatever form he has provided

Father's Day can be celebrated by offering good food i.e. Anna Danam to elders
in some orphanages besides doing "thithi" to those who are not alive. One has
to perform religious activities without fail, particularly in Kashi and Gaya. Some
people do it in Rameswaram too. It is sufficient to pay our regards and respects
to elders if one does Sraddham regularly besides Tharpanam on Amavasya Days.
Recently I saw a couple not knowing the names of their fore-fathers and earlier
generations to offer pindam at Gaya. Above all, one should do daily Surya Namaskaram
and chant Abi Vadhayai, not to forget their Gothram, etc.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back