• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Just an observation on my part.
It is about an individual's private faith.
It is not for or against any peaceful religion.
Please please it is not about customs, caste, or other ills of our society.

If someone is helped by some "FAITH", whether others approve that faith or not, why is it so important to destroy that individuals faith.
That faith must not harm anyone. If that faith is to harm others then we must be vigilant and neutralize it.

If some one has faith in 'GOD' and gives that person comfort, why do others who do not agree want to "EDUCATE' the believer. Yes it is general forum and we are discussing, but you are also destroying something. It is not an imposition to give that thread a miss, or start a new thread to put your point of view.

Do you have to convert everyone to your view? What are you proving by doing that?
In the words of Jaggi Vasudev.

In the words of Jaggi Vasudev:

"Only when you are truly happy, you can be concerned about somebody. When you are unhappy you are only concerned about yourself."
"The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life."

Placebo Effect: A Cure in the Mind: Scientific American

Last edited:
Dear Prasad,

You wrote :
"The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life."

Wow that sounds really very similar to what I wrote few days ago in a post...
I had written this:
A truly learned person will always listen to every angle of any discussion and not just shoot off "I am right and no matter what you say you are wrong".

I fully agree with what you wrote.

Dear Prasad,

You wrote :

Wow that sounds really very similar to what I wrote few days ago in a post...
I had written this:

I fully agree with what you wrote.

Thanks But I am not as smart to coin that phrase on my own, I borrowed it. But to think that i am in sync with Renuka, i am blessed.:high5:

Thanks But I am not as smart to coin that phrase on my own, I borrowed it. But to think that i am in sync with Renuka, i am blessed.:high5:

Hey Prasad,

I am just an ordinary person dear..we all learn from each other.
anyway keep this thread going..good one..to spice it up a bit before debates start..this song keeps playing in my mind.

[video=youtube_share;6Cs3Pvmmv0E]http://youtu.be/6Cs3Pvmmv0E[/video]

Just an observation on my part.
It is about an individual's private faith.
It is not for or against any peaceful religion.
Please please it is not about customs, caste, or other ills of our society.

If someone is helped by some "FAITH", whether others approve that faith or not, why is it so important to destroy that individuals faith.
That faith must not harm anyone. If that faith is to harm others then we must be vigilant and neutralize it.

If some one has faith in 'GOD' and gives that person comfort, why do others who do not agree want to "EDUCATE' the believer. Yes it is general forum and we are discussing, but you are also destroying something. It is not an imposition to give that thread a miss, or start a new thread to put your point of view.

Shri Prasad1,

If a person holds his private faith and values it and gets benefit from it, is it not natural that he does not get affected by what all discussions go on in a general forum?

If that person finds some similarities to some established religion and then on that slim reasoning, tries to rationalize, justify, etc., his private belief in a general forum like this, and then claims reservation of sorts, how is that justified?

What is the set of private individual faith which is being destroyed here, pl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back