• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Everyone Is Battling The Virus - Everyone Except The Government

In my college days, I read a book 'Wyatt's Hurricane' by Desmond Bagley - a popular book by a popular author (at least in Madras) and in those early 70s there was no TV and reading fiction was a common pastime. I liked the book very much and though it's close to 40 years since I read the book I remember the broad theme even now. Thinking about the current situation, I suddenly recalled that book.

The principal character (a meteorologist) of the book warns the ruler (dictator) of the island that there is a very real possibility of a hurricane hitting the island but the dictator simply dismisses the suggestion. The hurricane does strike with disastrous effect.

I would like to read the book again to see how much more in the book matches the situation prevailing in this country.

Even for a clerical job in the government or in a bank, one has to write a competitive exam (English, Arithmetic & Reasoning, GK and Current Affairs). No one can dispute the fact that a MLA or MP holds a position of far greater responsibility than a bank clerk or a government office assistant. Will MLA/ MP aspirants agree to take an exam (not competitive) just to assess they have minimum capability - that they have basic knowledge about the country, its resources, industry, agriculture, education system, constitution etc so that only those who qualify are allowed to contest elections? They keep telling the people that education does not stop with school/ college and they should therefore not mind acting on their own advice. Probably, if we had some criteria, we would have more responsible governments - central and states.

Last edited:
hi

Will MLA/ MP aspirants agree to take an exam (not competitive) just to assess they have minimum capability - that they have basic knowledge about the country, its resources, industry, agriculture, education system, constitution etc so that only those who qualify are allowed to contest elections? They keep telling the people that education does not stop with school/ college and they should therefore not mind acting on their own advice. Probably, if we had some criteria, we would have more responsible governments - central and states.

i agreed.....these are the BYPRODUCTS OF DEMOCRACY.....ANY BODY CAN DO ANY THING...

ANYBODY CAN BECOME ANYBODY...ONLY MAJORITY NUMBERS REQUIRED...THIS ATTITUDE

IS CALLED IN HINDI......SAB KUCH CHALTA HAI BHAI IS DESH MEIN...MERA BHARAT MAHAAN..

we have more MAN KI BHAATH THAN ACTION IN REAL GROUND....LIKE WE SAY GOD BLESS

AMERICA....NOW WE HAVE TO SAY GOD BLESS INDIA...

From what I can see all countries are facing a spike of cases becos of human movement.
But in India it was a disaster because I think the government hasnt learnt to view science as compatible with Hindutva

The Kumbha Mela had everyone singing " Ma Ganga will look after us"

Well? Dont blame Ma Ganga..She would have taken in a heavy viral load of Covidiots bathing in Her...but this is where Hindutva mentality thinks Religion = to being brain dead!

What the heck for all the mantras are on the intellect...Dhimahi? To be brain dead?

It shows how much reptilian brain people are..by thinking God will save us and we will do as we please.

Also why Holi was grandscale?
Why on earth have big time ratris from Shivaratri to Vasant Navaratri and land up dead on Nethu Ratri screaming Yamma! there isnt oxygen!

God knows if Muslims in India are having group Iftar for breaking fast and jammed packed Tarawih prayers at night.

If its all on..then its again a ticket to jahannam( hell)

What was lacking in India was sense and sensibility.
They almost controlled it well yet let everything down.

Latest ads

Back