• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

England Atheist backs distribution of free Bible copies to state schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naina_Marbus

Richard Dawkins the arch-atheist backs distribution of free Bible copies to state schools.
Follow the link above.

Richard Dawkins announced support for UK Education Secretary Michael Gove's proposed plan to send copies of free King James Bible to every state school. The cost of the proposal is £375,000.

The proposal aims to help students learn about the Bible's impact "on our history, language, literature and democracy" and will celebrate the 400th anniversary of the authorised version of the bible’s publication. Several rich Tory party donors agreed to back the plan and the first Bibles were sent out last week.

As Dawkins reveals in Observer, dated Saturday19 May 2012, he justifies support for the Bible plan on the grounds of literary merit and he lists a range of biblical phrases which any cultivated English speaker will instantly recognise. These include "salt of the Earth", "through a glass darkly", and "no peace for the wicked". Dawkins states: "A native speaker of English who has not read a word of the King James Bible is verging on the barbarian."

Where are our Indian secularists and atheists?

Last edited:
Devil quoting scriptures?

Richard Dawkins the arch-atheist backs distribution of free Bible copies to state schools.
Follow the link above.

Richard Dawkins announced support for UK Education Secretary Michael Gove's proposed plan to send copies of free King James Bible to every state school. The cost of the proposal is £375,000.

The proposal aims to help students learn about the Bible's impact "on our history, language, literature and democracy" and will celebrate the 400th anniversary of the authorised version of the bible’s publication. Several rich Tory party donors agreed to back the plan and the first Bibles were sent out last week.

As Dawkins reveals in Observer, dated Saturday19 May 2012, he justifies support for the Bible plan on the grounds of literary merit and he lists a range of biblical phrases which any cultivated English speaker will instantly recognise. These include "salt of the Earth", "through a glass darkly", and "no peace for the wicked". Dawkins states: "A native speaker of English who has not read a word of the King James Bible is verging on the barbarian."

Where are our Indian secularists and atheists?

At least he is being a true Nationalist!

Breathes there the man with soul so dead
Who never to himself hath said,
This is my own, my native land!
Whose heart hath ne’er within him burned,
As home his footsteps he hath turned
From wandering on a foreign strand!
If such there breathe, go, mark him well;
For him no minstrel raptures swell;
High though his titles, proud his name,
Boundless his wealth as wish can claim
Despite those titles, power, and pelf,
The wretch, concentred all in self,
Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And, doubly dying, shall go down
To the vile dust from whence he sprung,
Unwept, unhonored , and unsung.
Sir Walter Scott

Last edited:
It's simple..I have noticed many Ex Non Hindu's who claim to be Atheists somehow have a turning point in life and start singing this song:

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

So they were never really true Atheists but in case of Ex Hindus who claim to be Atheists even if they don't want to see the Light of Divinity they also want to make sure others DO NOT see it.

So it's the same old Crab syndrome where we pull down others.

கால பைரவன்;138571 said:
[/FONT]

What kind of question is that?

The Indian "secularists" also support free distribution of Bible and Quran in Indian schools :-)

Ah! You caught on to the sarcasm!!

where did the report suggest distribution to indian schools in India, I wonder!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back