• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Elections are round the corner-Make the best of it

• Thread starter Thread starter rrvvvr
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rrvvvr

Dear readers

I have read with interest the anxiety expressed by a few participants in appealing the community to vote enmass in the coming elections to show our soft power. I think it is a valid point. We must make our vote count as a community- like all others are doing. Problem is that we don't have a leader to support. But that cannot be a reason enough for us to lay back and let go another opportunity to assert ourselves. What do we do? Whom do we support? What should we demand in turn? JJ? VK? BJP? please go ahead and express your views so that we can help our community take a consolidated stand. Let us make a purposeful attempt to discuss the pros and cons. I am sure we can dovote some time for the noble cause of empowering our community.

To All. Atlast S.V.Sekar took 7% reservation for Brahmins. Which party say that they will consider we will vote and a asurence from the party as soon as come to power. If fail let us recall the M.P. S.R.K.

re

Dear readers

I have read with interest the anxiety expressed by a few participants in appealing the community to vote enmass in the coming elections to show our soft power. I think it is a valid point. We must make our vote count as a community- like all others are doing. Problem is that we don't have a leader to support. But that cannot be a reason enough for us to lay back and let go another opportunity to assert ourselves. What do we do? Whom do we support? What should we demand in turn? JJ? VK? BJP? please go ahead and express your views so that we can help our community take a consolidated stand. Let us make a purposeful attempt to discuss the pros and cons. I am sure we can dovote some time for the noble cause of empowering our community.

i want bjp to win.only hindu supporters in india.

sb:twitch:

Since this is a national election, I also think we should go with the BJP rather than the regional parties. But is there any hope for the BJP in TN? Will our vote count?

re

Since this is a national election, I also think we should go with the BJP rather than the regional parties. But is there any hope for the BJP in TN? Will our vote count?

just vote for bjp,winning or losing is not in our hands,as lord krishna says he decides who wins or who loses.plz vote.sb

This thread has received fewer replies than expected. Is it the reflection of our interest as a community in in elections? Or does it reflect our confused and indecisive state of mind since none seems to be our saviour. I think we need to be more assertive politically and visibly assertive at that, if we look for a change in our lives. Please respond without hesitation.

re

This thread has received fewer replies than expected. Is it the reflection of our interest as a community in in elections? Or does it reflect our confused and indecisive state of mind since none seems to be our saviour. I think we need to be more assertive politically and visibly assertive at that, if we look for a change in our lives. Please respond without hesitation.

its called secret ballot,unlike me who openly flaunts his political preference :(

sb

I agree that it should be a secret ballot but unfortunately it no longer remains so. We know whom all our friends and relatives owe allegiance to. Every leader is openly soliciting votes on the name of caste and religion. What is wrong if we express ourselves openly in this forum? An interesting viewpoint supported by facts and beliefs can only strenghthen the democratic process, and more importantly the brahministic opinion through this forum. So I request all readers to express their opinion along with their arguments, just to build a consensus before its late.

Elections are important, but brahmins generally seem to be a resigned lot in this regard, as their negative perception in the society has not been assuaged by any government.

Moreover, brahmins are secluded by governmental policies in the field of education and employment; it is a different matter that brahmins, inspite of the odds, have justified themselves in this society (but at a price!?)

Formal and informal associations have, so far, only been successful in creating an partial or a loosely held unity, and that too only in selective areas... and hence, the brahmin voice has not been loud enough... some may argue that what can a miniscule 3% achieve by voicing out, but the fact am highlighting is, have we, the 3%, manage to stick together???

I will not go into issues of brahmin unity here...

Congress, still has the halo of the 'nehru', 'indira', 'rajiv' era with them; also, they also bag the gold medal for the long years of governance since freed from enslavement by the British... the 'emergency' in 1977 ousted it from power for the first time and saw Janata Party come to power, but only for a period of two years... Congress came back to power... then came Rajiv... but the 90s were a period of political instability (it was also the period in which major economic reforms were implemented)... Coalition politics began to grow from strength to strength...

It actually pays to appeal to the minority vote banks as they respond in unison (generally); the 'hindu' vote banks are scattered - divided by suspicion, vendetta and on linguistic basis... A clever politician, in order to maintain his dominance has a simple formula - cater to the minority vote banks (even ignoring one minority could be catastrophic, as the other would sense it as merely a game and the cat would be out of the bag), then have caste/jathi based candidates for the 'hindu' vote banks...

It has worked all along the years - why should a process that has been successful all over the years fail now? Is there any phenomenal change in the society that we should think otherwise?

The BJP, had its ideals high, but was repeatedly brought to 'ground zero' as a result of the tactic applied by the Congress/opposition... BJP waited for the society to recognize the merit and importance of its intent, but it never happened - it only got tagged as an 'anti-secular' or 'anti-minority' party... even worse it was also tagged as an 'brahmin-party' (all these tags were implied in the negative sense)... It was previously unknown in the South, esp in TN, the Aryan-Dravidian myth had been effectively poisoned the mind of the self-proclaimed Dravidians!

The BJP had to break the shackles, and it did so, but in the process, it compromised on its ideals...

It was a bargaining opportunity for the coalition members, when the Congress seemed no longer a stronghold... horse-trading was at its peak (or at least I thought so, but the present situation proves my observation wrong!)...

A better strategy had evolved! Regional parties grabbed the situation with both hands... they became more Regional than National - for it provided them with better bargaining power...

Current reality is that even if a party loses certain vote-banks, it concentrates on those that would vote for it...

In this respect, brahmins to be taken notice of, have to vote as a group - no doubt in that... but the 3% are scattered and it is hard to find an area, where their votes could be significant... ******* should have done this long ago, but well, wishing only brings counter wishes...

We have to realize this fact, and act... nothing else would do...

A ground work to highlight the geographical areas where the brahmin populace is significant enough to affect polling results would be the first requisite - this knowledge would help us know our strengths and weaknesses...

But this obviously cannot be done for this election... So, I would say - Vote for the BJP and urge every brahmin to do it... even if the BJP does not win, analysis would show a greater voting percentage

winning or losing is not the only point.

even if one loose - if the margin is great - he'll lose any incentive to stand again for the future contest.

if the margin is low - then he still can nurture hope and fight in the next contest.

so every vote counts.

So far the issue is taking the expected course. It appears that BJP will emerge as the favourite party. Unfortunately its leaders are doing nothing to woo the brahmin electorate which possibly can lift them up a bit. Any thoughts on the AIADMK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back