• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ego - beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ego of Knowledge

Ego of Power

Ego of Wealth

Ego of Youth

Ego of Beauty

Ego of Name/Fame

- - - -

- - - -

“God laughs on two occasions:

One, when a physician says to the mother of his patient,

‘Mother, you needn’t fear. I will cure your son.’

The Lord says to Himself, ‘I am taking his life and this fellow says that he is going to save him.’ The physician thinks that he is the doer. He doesn’t know that it is God alone who is the doer.

The Lord also laughs when two brothers divide land between themselves, measuring it with a cord and saying ‘This side is mine and that yours.’

God laughs, saying to Himself,

‘This world, the whole universe, is Mine, but these fellows say: this plot of land is mine and that is yours.’ ”

- Sri Ramakrishana Paramahamsa

If somebody feels that God is waiting to laugh at every occasion His own creations commit mistakes, the let him know that:
1) God will not have time for any other thing
2) He is an irresponsible God
3) His own creations will ignore Him.

Interlude:

The greatest joke on earth is : Man created God in his own image and then spread the lie that God created Man in His own image.

surya,

don't waste your time on this guy. he is another one who makes these odd messages, i don't know from where, perhaps from the bible and then disappears to watch good people like the forum members argue over it.

i don't know where he comes up with these imagined quotes. this time he attributes it to paramahamsa, but if you read it deeply, it is insulting saint ramakrishna.

another bible thumper in a saffron coat.

not worth the effort.

just look at his name. is that not laughable?

he calls himself a child of god. !! should call himself a child of his own ego!!

Last edited:
Namassadhasae.

I have read this in Rajaji's book on Ramakrishna Upanishadam. I have also posted a bit on treating her own grand daughter as Radha by a patti. I vouch this is a quote from Ramakrishna Paramahamsar. This is not a biblical reference.

Shri Suryakaspaji:

This Laugh is a poetic expression. Not our kind of LOL. 'I have fixed one thing as fate. How can u change it?' is the meaning for this expression.
All are man made, including naming the fate as 'fate', when he cannot attribute any reasonable reason to it. The questions raised by you are addressed to Paramahamsar only, since this is only a quote.

Shri Kunjuppuji:

This individual's name is a nick name. Commenting on his name would not be proper on our part. Like Silver Fox, Golden camel, Bronze Tiger. Can we connect any meaning to these names? All are children of god, according to all religions in this earth. I guess, a person interested in service to orphans like 'Udhavum Karangal' Vidyagar of Chennai, could choose such a nick name. I may even be wrong in my guess. Certainly a person who contributes a piece on Bhaja Govindam to an admirable extent need not be suspected about his integrity. With your kind of very rich English, people might get frightened to express what they want. I feel offended by your comments, though I am not concerned with it, whatsoever. Anything on earth can be commented like this. Only the sky could be the limiting factor for these comments.

"அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!" _ திருவக்கரை திருப்புகழ்

..... I feel offended by your comments, though I am not concerned with it, whatsoever. Anything on earth can be commented like this. Only the sky could be the limiting factor for these comments.

"அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!" _ திருவக்கரை திருப்புகழ்

soundara,

you are aboslutely right in that only sky is the limiting factor for many a comment.

i also respect your sense of aggrieval over my mock. to be precise, it was intended not to the public, but to the child.

i have very many queries regarding his bona fide. he is a newcomer and has quoted off straight from bible etc. i feel it is one individual who insists of being a perpetual mosquito around this tent.

there is nothing to stop the child to challenge me. nothing to stop the child to prove his bonafide, atleast to the moderators.

as a concerned member, i find it tiresome, that some folks use this forum, as a bunch of cattle, and consider themselves a cattle prod. their comments are inane, and it pains me greatly, to see some of our very honest and elegant members getting suckered into these traps.

the biggest of such prodders was jamadagneya. look at how many decent folks fell into his spell. folks like these, i think, should be challenged. they are after all new comers, and we do not have a guard at the gate. i think it is the duty of every member to verify the intentions of any member whom they feel suspect.

in this context, if i had a written such a note against you, a very mature and regular member, or any other such member of good standing, then, the right thing would be for the moderator to ban me right away. that is inexcusable.

but in the case of the so called justanotherchildofgod, i request the benefit of your doubt.

thank you..

ps. one might claim that this is a moderator's job to police such folks. i disagree rather vehemently. this forum belongs to all of us and i think, we should not rely just on a few moderators to keep it clean. if you see a questionable character in your apartment building, is it the right thing to ignore him and let him get his way because it is the job of the building superintendent to take care of the building safety?

Last edited:
ps. one might claim that this is a moderator's job to police such folks. i disagree rather vehemently. this forum belongs to all of us and i think, we should not rely just on a few moderators to keep it clean. if you see a questionable character in your apartment building, is it the right thing to ignore him and let him get his way because it is the job of the building superintendent to take care of the building safety?

I agree that vigilance and alertness is necessary. Experience helps; sometimes intuition also helps. In a virtual space, agility and quick antidotes are necessary.

Namassadhasae.

Shri Kunjuppju ji:

OK sir. You are right. We have to be watchful. Now the ball is in the court of the child and let him prove his bonafide, which I expect fervenly. Now my benefit of doubt is in favour of our forum. My last response was the first re-action on seeing the tone of your communication. Now, I accept your expertise as Moderator and respect your intuition pls.

Shri Suryakasyapaji:

Any discussion on this topic is obsolete now. We will meet somewhere in some thread pls.

Dear Soundara Rajanji

I am happy that there are some wise souls in this forum who could appreciate the ideas in true sense by understanding the inner meaning.

I am no Christian.

With Respect and Regards
raj

Folks.

Since the job of moderators is once again mentioned here, let me explain.

First of all. Sri Kunjuppu Ji is no longer a moderator in this Forum.

Secondly, Sri Jamadagneya Ji uttered some philosophical opinions and some of us agreed with that philosophy. He was not banned because of his philosophy; and I repeat, he was not banned because of his philosophy he espoused. He was banned for other reasons and I hope that Sri Kunjuppu Ji does not confuse between the reasons why he was banned.

Thirdly, let us not cast aspersions on any new comers, trying to differentiate between 'bona fide' and 'non bona fide'. All of us are equal in terms of following the established Forum guidelines and no one should think that they are above these guidelines just because of their seniority of membership.

We do a disservice to ourselves if we try to muzzle the voices of newcomers without really understanding their viewpoint. In this context, I would request Sri Raj Ji to amplify on his original thoughts.

Regards,
KRS

thank you krs.

in case you have not perused it, in another post, ie 'ideal marriage', i had apologized to raj.

i have also explained the context in which i penned this post.

in retrospect, i think, vigilantism may not be good after all. it is best, that i as a member, resort to challenge the content of the post, and not the person.

hope this is ok.

re my banning, i think, it was the best thing that happened to me for in a way it removed certain shackles.

just one clarification if you don't mind: i was not particularly referring to jama's philosophy, as much as his suppressed anger and the pressure to incite a certain discomfort.

somehow it appeared to strike a chord with several members including yourself, all to much vain later. i think happy hindu and myself were the only two to see his ploy through right from the start.

but much water has flown under the bridge, and any one of the new members could be jamadagneya's new avatar :)

i too, eagerly am waiting to hear raj's response not only here, but on the ideal marriage thread, where he has copied verbatim an article that appeared in sulekha blogs a year ago, without acknowledging either its origin or claiming to authorship.

hopefully he will answer today, and i hope he will not disappoint, you or me.

Last edited:
Dear Sri Kunjuppu Ji,

Sorry, I did not endorse Sri Jamagagneya's philosophy. In fact I censured his hate posts long before he wrote again. And if you remember, you called me to moderate on his posts that spewed hate, which I did. I did not participate in endorsing his opinions when he posted them. May be, you took my saying that 'some of us endorsed his views' to include myself. Nope. I am sorry. I did not agree with his views, but agreed with the principle that he can state his philosophy as long as he did not violate the Forum rules. So your statement that I have highlighted below is not true.

But, let the bygones be bygones.

I still do not understand what you mean by 'being banned'? I have not seen you being banned from anything as a very valued member here. Please verify.

Regards,
KRS

thank you krs.

in case you have not perused it, in another post, ie 'ideal marriage', i had apologized to raj.

i have also explained the context in which i penned this post.

in retrospect, i think, vigilantism may not be good after all. it is best, that i as a member, resort to challenge the content of the post, and not the person.

hope this is ok.

re my banning, i think, it was the best thing that happened to me for in a way it removed certain shackles.

just one clarification if you don't mind: i was not particularly referring to jama's philosophy, as much as his suppressed anger and the pressure to incite a certain discomfort.

somehow it appeared to strike a chord with several members including yourself, all to much vain later. i think happy hindu and myself were the only two to see his ploy through right from the start.

but much water has flown under the bridge, and any one of the new members could be jamadagneya's new avatar :)

i too, eagerly am waiting to hear raj's response not only here, but on the ideal marriage thread, where he has copied verbatim an article that appeared in sulekha blogs a year ago, without acknowledging either its origin or claiming to authorship.

hopefully he will answer today, and i hope he will not disappoint, you or me.

Sri KRS & Sri Kunjuppu,

Both of you are senior members in this forum and none of us want you debate here.

May be both of you had/have differences of opinion on certain issues/debates. Let it be there. No problem.

Let us move forward. Let us not debate over differences and let us discuss about what we can do for the larger section of our community.

If both of you think that my request is not to be considered, please ignore it.

all the best

Dear Sri RVR Ji,

I am sorry that you are viewing Sri Kunjuppu Ji's and my conversation as a debate leading to some deleterious effect. We know each other and we are friends in this Forum.

But that does not mean that we need to agree on everything. And also if we do not, that is somehow bad.

This is a very simple principle we need to adopt in our community. Just because we may not agree on certain ideas, it does not mean that we do not agree on the grand principles that unite us.

I would request you to view our conversations between ourselves as clarifying remarks, rather than dueling remarks. Thanks.

Regards,
KRS

Sri KRS & Sri Kunjuppu,

Both of you are senior members in this forum and none of us want you debate here.

May be both of you had/have differences of opinion on certain issues/debates. Let it be there. No problem.

Let us move forward. Let us not debate over differences and let us discuss about what we can do for the larger section of our community.

all the best

surya,

don't waste your time on this guy. he is another one who makes these odd messages, i don't know from where, perhaps from the bible and then disappears to watch good people like the forum members argue over it.

i don't know where he comes up with these imagined quotes. this time he attributes it to paramahamsa, but if you read it deeply, it is insulting saint ramakrishna.

another bible thumper in a saffron coat.

not worth the effort.

just look at his name. is that not laughable?

he calls himself a child of god. !! should call himself a child of his own ego!!

Hats off to your connotations Sri Kunjuppu ji

Sri Kunjuppu ji, Sri KRS ji, Sri RVR ji,

If not mistaken I would like to express my opinion/suggestion.

This forum should have a rule that the views and opinions need to be posted clearly expressing one's own knowledge/assumptions/perceptions/doubts rather bluntly posting some extracts written by some great personalities..

References can be given as and when required to substantiate our views and opinions and or to help others to gain some specific knowledge.

I believe, this would be the only ideal way to express one self and exchange ideas among members. Just reproducing some thing and posting them as a new thread without expressing personal view on it would be really meaningless.

- I strongly believe in "I" and "MY" concept of human life. I think the extract is to challenge "I" and "MY" concept of human life.

Without "I" and "MY" to a reasonable extent no one could have personal life, social life and professional life. Every one of us need to go to jungles, sit under a tree and do prayers not bothering our cloths and food.

Sri KRS & Sri Kunjuppu,

all the best

not at all venkat. how can i ignore you, such a well liked and decent member.

i am now just a member like you, and in my note i made an error re KRS.

please feel absolutely free to express your opinions. KRS, self, et al can have differences. but rest assured, we will deal with it in a civilized and polite way.

thank you.

ravi,

i agree with you. normally, the forum does not encourage 100% cut and paste, from another forum or publication, to the best of my knowledge.

there may be some exceptions.

perhaps the moderators will announce a policy on this soon.

thanks..

ravi,

i agree with you. normally, the forum does not encourage 100% cut and paste, from another forum or publication, to the best of my knowledge.

there may be some exceptions.

perhaps the moderators will announce a policy on this soon.

thanks..

Sri Kunjuppu ji,

Thanks for your reply and consideration....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back