• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Eat Non veg by mistake

testleo

Hello All,
I am a brahmin and Today I eat non veg by mistake.
I know I should not have done this but by mistake I did this.
Now, I am unable to overcome this guilt, please help me fast what should I do now.
What I have to do be pure again, as of now I have taken the bath, changed the cloths and janeu/ holy thread as well
May god Narayan and Mahadev forgive me 🙏🏼

कायेन वाचा मनसेंद्रियैर्वा
बुध्यात्मना वा प्रकृतेः स्वभावात् ।
करोमि यद्यत् सकलं परस्मै
नारायणायेति समर्पयामि ॥
kāyena vācā manaseṃdriyairvā
budhyātmanā vā prakṛteḥ svabhāvāt .
karomi yadyat sakalaṃ parasmai
nārāyaṇāyeti samarpayāmi ..
Whatever I do either by body, speech, mind or sensory organs, either with my personal knowledge or natural trait, I surrender and submit all to that to supreme divine Narayana.
Karma has its own karm-phala. We have to accept that. There is no escaping the results of action. Recognize that and do your actions. Do not expect that some force is going to grant you an escape route. So live without guilt (easy said), but change your future actions.

Hello All,
Now, I am unable to overcome this guilt, please help me fast what should I do now.
What I have to do be pure again, as of now I have taken the bath, changed the cloths and janeu/ holy thread as well
Namaste,

I dont understand it...
You ate by mistake?
You mean you did not know the food contained non veg or you knew its non veg but yet ate it because you were tempted to eat it?

if you did not know the food contained non veg and accidently consumed it..then you do not need to feel guilty because you did not have the intention to eat it.

But if you knew its non veg and yet ate it then there is a problem cos you need to ask yourself why you ate it?

1) curiosity?
2) anyone tempted you to eat it?
3) some hidden desire?
4) some protein deficiency that your body started to crave non veg? Check your diet to see if you are not having any deficiency.
5) may be its some vasana( imprint) in your previous life showing up now.

Anyway, whatever the reason why you ate it..dont feel so guilty.
Yogurt itself has countless lactobacilli but yet no one feels guilty to consume yogurt.

If you feel very guilty just give yourself sometime..you will recover.

Coming to regaining your purity..dont worry so much.
The non veg would have exited the body..its subtle effects might linger around a little but within a week it should be out of your subtle system.

Hello All,
Please do not feel guilty about what has happened unawaringly without mind's sankalpa to commit. Sandhyavandanam contains a prarthana to atone for such sins. If we have deep faith on this mantra one need not brood over such mistakes. Forget about the act and be more cautious while eating outside.

कायेन वाचा मनसेंद्रियैर्वा
बुध्यात्मना वा प्रकृतेः स्वभावात् ।
करोमि यद्यत् सकलं परस्मै
नारायणायेति समर्पयामि ॥
kāyena vācā manaseṃdriyairvā
budhyātmanā vā prakṛteḥ svabhāvāt .
karomi yadyat sakalaṃ parasmai
nārāyaṇāyeti samarpayāmi ..
Whatever I do either by body, speech, mind or sensory organs, either with my personal knowledge or natural trait, I surrender and submit all to that to supreme divine Narayana.
Karma has its own karm-phala. We have to accept that. There is no escaping the results of action. Recognize that and do your actions. Do not expect that some force is going to grant you an escape route. So live without guilt (easy said), but change your future actions.
Hello All,
You felt guilt that is more than enough. If you know yagnopaveeta mantram change poonal. It may give you solace. But on 30th you will change it.

Latest ads

Back