• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Easy to make delicious pongal

Status
Not open for further replies.
When ever I enter into Kitchen in the absence of my Wife Pongal will be there either as Morning Breakfast or as a Regular one in the Afternoon.
Intially as any normal person I was struggling to mix the venpongal thoroughly as the pepper and salt was not uniformly mixing . Intially it used to be a normal pongal little extra spicy and at the end I used to find only rice and no spice in it.
I found a new method to have a Good pongal.
As per the preparation we add little extra water for pongal compared to regular rice.
I started adding one extra Glass of water than normal.
Once cooked we add pepper powder and salt to taste and we spread it on this and pour Boiled Ghee .
Instead I added Pepper and salt powder to boiled ghee and poured on the cooked rice& green dal, as this was with extra water in it. Mixed it and removed the extra water by closing the vessel and tilting it ( Like olden days sadam vadikradhu ).
Now I got some good uniformly mixed Pongal and 3/4 glass of Pepper soup. Consume soup as starter..
Add little Perungayam ( Ing or asafoedita). along with pepper powder as it gives that extra taste to Pongal.
Of course the side dish is the Cocunut chutney. Add a small piece of Onion and grind with other ingradients. This gives that good flavour / taste to the Chutney.
This is only for our male folks and not to female friends as they may have even better way of Cooking Pongal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back