• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Drink lots of water everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consume six to eight glasses each day.Water is an essential nutrient just like vitamins and minerals because your body cannot make enough of it to meet your daily requirements. It helps regulate body temperature,transports nutrients to your body's cells,and helps remove waste.Because sensitivity to thirst diminishes with age,older adults are susceptible to dehydration,which can cause confusion,fatique,headache,and more.

I will give you guys a tip to stay slim effortlessly.
It might not be scientifically proven but it work well though.

Drink warm water through out the day and you will not feel hungry as much.
There is a believe that warm water in the stomach gives a sense of fullness to the stomach and signals the satiety center of the brain that "we are full are not hungry"..

Try this..you will see that you wont feel as hungry as much.

Works for me!

One more tip to remain slim.

Drink a glass of dark red grape juice a day(do not add sugar).
You can buy Berri Fruit Juice brand which comes 100% pure juice without sugar or blend dark grapes and drink it fresh.

Dark grapes contain Resveratrol that help combat fat in the body.

Caution: Diabetics need to be careful with grape juice as it has high content of fructose.

There is a believe that warm water in the stomach gives a sense of fullness to the stomach and signals the satiety center of the brain that "we are full are not hungry"..

Works for me!
Renu not only warm water if u drink normal water also b4 food it works same & if u can drink 6-8 glass water in a day it also helps in glowing ur skin.

Renu not only warm water if u drink normal water also b4 food it works same & if u can drink 6-8 glass water in a day it also helps in glowing ur skin.

Haven't seen you for sometime. Where you been on holiday or something? Nice to see you!

Dear Brahin,

Nice to see you.

BTW this has divided opinions about drinking water before meals.

I know western diet tips recommend this but according to Ayurveda drinking water immediately before meals is not recommended as it dilutes the digestive enzymes.

Even during meals just sips of water should be taken and only after some 30 mins after meals a full glass of water can be taken.

It is also not recommended to take a bath right after a meal as it slows down the digestive fires in the abdomen and digestion will become sluggish and leads to weight gain.

Water boiled with some jeera seeds (jeerA veLLam as called by Keralites) and taken warm is supposed to control cholesterol.

After 'sadhdhi lunch', most of the brahmin priests ask for it!

Watch it - Doc is slowly slipping in her ideas lose weight - just to pre empt her, extracts of barley, grapes,
wheat etc., fermented and containing 42.8% ethanol will make one 'feel' light too.

Yay Yem

Watch it - Doc is slowly slipping in her ideas lose weight - just to pre empt her, extracts of barley, grapes,
wheat etc., fermented and containing 42.8% ethanol will make one 'feel' light too.

Yay Yem

Ha Ha Ha!!
I DO NOT drink alcohol BTW..it's too many empty calories so now way yaar!!!
I do not even like tea or coffee.

Doc

Did you know, during World War II, when everything was scarce and so with liquor, people
went after Waterbury's Compound - you guessed it, it was not for the vitamins and minerals.

I believe it made a lot of people HH&H.

Yay Yem

I heard from a TV intrview from a Dr. that if we drink 1-2 ltrs of water everyday in the morning before we take any beverages it will help to cleanse the body much easily/fastly. Also if we brush in the night we can gorgle just once(if required) & intake water.Looks like the closed mouth for 5-6 hrs will create few bacteria's in mouth that actually helps digestion etc.,Also we should avoid taken larger volumes of water before & after (30 mins) any meal.Medial practioners..pls share ur advice

பீர் குடிப்பதை நிறுத்திவிட்டு
நீர் குடிக்கச் சொல்கிறீர்கள்
தேநீரை விட்டுவிட்டு
குடிநீரை எடுக்கச் சொல்கிறீர்கள்.

நல்ல யோசனை தான்.

Works for me!

I read this very interesting article some time back ...Shows the link between drinking warm water & health of heart:

Heart Attacks And Drinking Warm Water

This is a very good article. Not only about the warm water after your meal, but about
Heart Attacks . The Chinese and Japanese drink hot tea with their meals, not cold water, maybe it is time we adopt their drinking habit while eating.

For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you. It is feels nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion. Once this 'sludge' reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the
intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer . It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.

French fries and Burgers are the biggest enemy of heart health.
A coke after that gives more power to this demon.
Avoid them for your Heart's Health

A serious note about heart attacks - You should know that not every heart attack symptom is going to be the left arm hurting.
Be aware of intense pain in the jaw line .

You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack.
Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms.
60% of people who have a heart attack while they are asleep do not wake up. Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep. Let's be careful and be aware. The more we know, the better chance we could survive.

A cardiologist says if everyone who reads this message sends it to 10 people, you can be sure that we'll save at least one life. Read this & Send to a friend. It could save a life... So, please be a true friend and send this article to all your friends you care about.

Last edited:
There is an opinion drinking excess water taxes the kidneys. Recently there was an news item warning excess water could be harmful in some other respect. Morarji Desai used to say drink clean local water wherever you are. Well opinions differ. Body or food also gives water. Science will unravel many marvels in due course of time. Drink water for thirst. Coke and Pepsi reportedly (Europe report) contain alcohol.

Five Myths About Drinking Water
by ALLISON AUBREY
Five Myths About Drinking Water : NPR

But first, how do you know if you're drinking enough water? Experts say there's an easy way to judge. If you're not thirsty, your fluid intake is likely "just right."
Myth No. 1: Drink Eight Glasses Each Day
Scientists say there's no clear health benefit to chugging or even sipping water all day. So where does the standard advice of drinking eight glasses each day come from? "Nobody really knows," says Dr. Stanley Goldfarb, a kidney expert at the University of Pennsylvania.
Myth No. 2: Drinking Lots of Water Helps Clear Out Toxins
The kidneys filter toxins from our bloodstreams. Then the toxins clear through the urine. The question is, does drinking extra water each day improve the function of the kidneys?
"No," says Goldfarb. "In fact, drinking large amounts of water surprisingly tends to reduce the kidney's ability to function as a filter. It's a subtle decline, but definite."
Myth No. 3: Lots of Water Equals Healthier Skin
The body is already 60 percent water. So, if you take a 200-pound man, he's 120 pounds of water.
Adding a few extra glasses of water each day has limited effect. "It's such a tiny part of what's in the body," says Goldfarb. "It's very unlikely that one's getting any benefit." His full editorial is published in the current issue of the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology.
One study published in 2007 on the cosmetic benefit of drinking water suggests that 500 ml of water increases capillary blood flow in the skin. "But it's unclear whether these changes are clinically significant," says Goldfarb.
Myth No. 4: Drinking Extra Water Leads to Weight Loss
A more accurate statement may be: Drinking water is a helpful tool for dieters.
"Water is a great strategy for dieters because it has no calories," says Madeline Fernstrom of the University of Pittsburgh. "So you can keep your mouth busy without food and get the sense of satisfaction."
But water is not magical, she adds. Other zero-calorie options such as diet sodas are fine, too.
Myth No. 5: It's Easy to Get Dehydrated During a Workout
Dehydration sets in when a person has lost 2 percent of his or her body weight. So for a 200-pound man, this means losing 4 pounds of water.
Marathon runners, bikers and hikers all need to recognize the signs of dehydration. "It is also obvious that individuals in hot, dry climates have increased need for water," says Goldfarb.
The American College of Sports Medicine recommends that athletes drink 16 ounces of fluids a couple of hours before starting sports practice.

But for a stroll in the park, no water bottle is necessary. Goldfarb's advice: Just drink when you're thirsty.

Last edited:
renukaji !
drinking hot water helps to digest oilly stuff.when our body is burning calories,body get heated .hot water will not act as a coolant .cool water will make us to feel the heat .in winter drink cool water and in summer drink hot water .the urination frequency will give an idea about our quantity of water. when you follow usual food habit of sambar,rasamand more the water requirement will be less compared to fast food item.my daily consumption of water is only 500ml
guruvayurappan.

I heard from a TV intrview from a Dr. that if we drink 1-2 ltrs of water everyday in the morning before we take any beverages it will help to cleanse the body much easily/fastly. Also if we brush in the night we can gorgle just once(if required) & intake water.Looks like the closed mouth for 5-6 hrs will create few bacteria's in mouth that actually helps digestion etc.,Also we should avoid taken larger volumes of water before & after (30 mins) any meal.Medial practioners..pls share ur advice

Dear sir,

Frankly speaking drinking 1-2 litres of water in the morning on an empty stomach comes with a risk of excessive diuresis..that is too much urination and in that process body minerals like Sodium and Potassium are depleted leading to a dangerous condition called Hyponatremia and Hypokalemia(Hypokalemia can be fatal).

It's fine to take a glass of water in the morning but do not over do it.
Moderation is the key.

Even though I am a medical doctor but at times I do take into consideration Ayurvedic school of thoughts becos Ayurveda takes into consideration the delicate balance of the three Doshas Kapha,Pitta and Vatta which modern medicine does not consider.

Moderation has always been the life style of the Vedic..so stick to moderation and nothing can go wrong.

renukaji !
drinking hot water helps to digest oilly stuff.when our body is burning calories,body get heated .hot water will not act as a coolant .cool water will make us to feel the heat .in winter drink cool water and in summer drink hot water .the urination frequency will give an idea about our quantity of water. when you follow usual food habit of sambar,rasamand more the water requirement will be less compared to fast food item.my daily consumption of water is only 500ml
guruvayurappan.

Dear sir,

Water should be warm and NOT HOT.
Hot water can scald our GI system and we have no idea if this can cause cellular changes internally and cellular changes can spell CANCER in the future.

Out indian equivalent hemodraksha malt was also good with a matching percentage; 10%?

Doc

Did you know, during World War II, when everything was scarce and so with liquor, people
went after Waterbury's Compound - you guessed it, it was not for the vitamins and minerals.

I believe it made a lot of people HH&H.

Yay Yem

good piece of advise. in the morning I take min two glasses of water and ensure till night I consume atleast 7/8 glasses of water. yes, taking bath after meals is not advisable. there is a japanese theory: in the morning without brushing teeth Japanese say one should take 5/6 glasses of water. I tried two decades back but could not continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back