• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Drara Singh (1928-2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brahmanyan

In the passing away of India's greatest wrestler Dara Singh Randhawa at the age of 84 today, we have lost a real Pehlwan and a gentleman, who had his training in traditional Akhara .

I have seen his wrestling fights in 50s at Coimbatore. With his excellent physique and height of 6'.2" Dara Singh attracted the crowd with his discipline and honesty in wrestling .His fight with the famous"Russian bear" Stanislaus Zbyszko, known for deadly bear hug and Wong Buck Lee were memorable ones. He was awarded "Rustam-E-Hind and served as a Rajya Sabha Member (BJP) as well.

He entered into Cinema World in 1952 and acted in about 140 films and he has acted in six TV series, including in the famous Ramayana Series as Hanuman. The last film he had acted was as Grandfather in Jab we met.

May his soul rest in peace.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
dear brahamanyan sir !
i also join you for condolence to the family members of the great wrestler DARA SINGH .let the departed soul rest in peace .
he will be in the every body's memory for his role as hanuman in ramayan serial.he is having the innocent smile which is rare seein a wrestler of his calibre
guruvayurappan

His memorable performance as Sri Hanuman will be fresh in everyone's memory.

May his soul rest in peace.....
:rip:

0.jpg

Picture courtesy: Google images

I had a fortunate moment to meet him personally in Delhi. He was so polite I simply was overwhelmed. His role as Lord Haruman in Ramayana serial was memorable. I pray his soul rest in peace

images

The first ever super hero of Bollywood!
The hard work, dedication and discipline
in building up and maintaining a physique
of this magnitude is left your imagination! :clap2:

Dara Singh

images

The name inseparable from Dara Singh ...The King Kong!

Dear Mrs. Visalakshi Ramani,
Oh. Yes,
I have watched Dara Singh defeating the mighty Hungarian Emile Czaja better known as King Kong of Australia in Coimbatore. Dara Singh was known for his inimitable style of finishing the match by lifting his opponent over head and twirling before throwing to the ground.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back