• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dr.C.V.RAMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=Agency FB,Helvetica,Arial]Dr.C.V.RAMAN
[/FONT]
SIR C.V .RAMAN.jpgThe genius who won the Nobel Prize for Physics, with simple equipment barely worth RS. 300. He was the first Asian scientist to win the Nobel Prize. He was a man of boundless curiosity and a lively sense of humor. His spirit of inquiry and devotion to science laid the foundations for scientific research in India. And he won honor as a scientist and affection as a teacher and a man.

One day in 1903, Professor Eliot of Presidency College, Madras, saw a little boy in his B.A. Class. Thinking that he might have strayed into the room, the Professor asked, "Are you a student of the B.A. class?"

"Yes Sir," the boy answered.

"Your name?"

"C.V. Raman."

This little incident made the fourteen- year- old boy well known in the college. The
youngster was later to become a world famous scientist

C.V. Raman School for IIT-JEE is conducting the ‘Hunt for Junior C.V. Raman – 2013 – The Science Talent Test

Introduction - Dr. C.V. Raman

was it true that prof and mrs raman, eschewed their brahminic heritage and rituals.

threw away the poonal and were active in rationalist propaganda? i heard it somewhere when i was young..

My younger son became instantly famous when he stood first in the entrance test of an esteemed school in Chennai, when he sought admission into it - having finished his X std exam the previous day in another state, city and school.
The reason...
His name is C.V.Raman
He too is Dr. C.V. Raman now!
My husband's maternal grandfather Sri. P.K. Ananthanarayanan was one of the Physics teachers of C.V.Raman.

B V Raman was a renowned astrologer.
C V Raman was a renowned physicist.

Mrs C V Raman, had consulted Mr. B V Raman several times and observed prayaschittams and remedial measures recommended by B V Raman. This was confirmed by the daughter of B V Raman in a conference.

was it true that prof and mrs raman, eschewed their brahminic heritage and rituals.

threw away the poonal and were active in rationalist propaganda? i heard it somewhere when i was young..

Dear Kunjs,

Read this..don't know how far its true!
I find it hard to believe that he was an Atheist.

Chapter4: Raman and his belief: did he believe in God?
Raman never liked to waste his time. Time was most precious diamond to him. Whenever he was approached by such questions on religion, he switched over the topic—you must have a better topic to discuss. In general, he thought discussing about religion is a waste of time which is so valuable otherwise.
Once he was persistently asked about to comment on God. He was not replying. But after sometimes, he got irritated and told him, if God is there find him in the Universe with a telescope and don’t waste your time in speculation!
No doubt he was a confirmed atheist. But he never deviated from his conservative Ayaar tradition. I believe just to feel comfortable in social life. In that sense, Raman was a legend and a living proof that one can be a deeply rooted atheist and conservatively traditional at the same time.

Sir CV Raman: The man and his effect by Biplab Pal

Dear Kunjs,

Read this..don't know how far its true!
I find it hard to believe that he was an Atheist.

Sir CV Raman: The man and his effect by Biplab Pal

dear renu,

i was a teenager when i heard this (meaning about 50 years ago). at that time, i thought it was odd. because sir c.v. always was portrayed with his turban, panchakachcham and such; and mrs c.v. had the traditional madisaar.

i haven't thought about this for many many years. till this post. now, with the vast experience of life behind me, i can understand the dichotomy of sir c.v.'s attire vis a vis his faith. one need not be clad in bush shirts and trousers with cropped hair to be an atheist. i think there were atheists all through the milleniums past, and each wore whatever was the fashion of the day. :)

no matter what, sri c.v.'s discoveries have stood the test of time. not only that, many many discoveries are now made, which only reinforces his findings. may the god of atheists, bless him ;)

dear renu,

i was a teenager when i heard this (meaning about 50 years ago). at that time, i thought it was odd. because sir c.v. always was portrayed with his turban, panchakachcham and such; and mrs c.v. had the traditional madisaar.

i haven't thought about this for many many years. till this post. now, with the vast experience of life behind me, i can understand the dichotomy of sir c.v.'s attire vis a vis his faith. one need not be clad in bush shirts and trousers with cropped hair to be an atheist. i think there were atheists all through the milleniums past, and each wore whatever was the fashion of the day. :)

no matter what, sri c.v.'s discoveries have stood the test of time. not only that, many many discoveries are now made, which only reinforces his findings. may the god of atheists, bless him ;)

I have read in some website that Sir C.V. Raman had booked his ticket for the voyage one year before the Nobel award, a very strange phenomenon, indeed!!

I have read in some website that Sir C.V. Raman had booked his ticket for the voyage one year before the Nobel award, a very strange phenomenon, indeed!!

maybe sir c.v. was planning a european trip. remember those times. ships left the indian ports only certain days of the month. and it took 21 (?) days to reach england? and probably he had to change ships to stockholm or cross the english channel and go by rail to sweden.

also, it depends on when the nobel ceremonies were held. nowadays, the prizes are announced december and the ceremonies held late february. with today's facilities we can go to the farthest points of the earth teechinically within 24 hours. or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back