• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I heard, conducting pooja facing south is not recommended. We do the ceremonies facing south only when we do the 'pithru karmam'. No, face east or west if you can.

Cheers!

பூஜை அறையில் கடவுள் திருஉருவப்படங்களை எத்திசை நோக்கி வைப்பது சிறந்தது?
கிழக்கு நோக்கி வைப்பது சிறந்தது. மேற்கு நோக்கியும் வைக்கலாம்.

பூஜை அறையைத் தவிர மற்ற இடங்களில் சுவாமி படங்களை வைக்கலாமா?
சமையல் கட்டு, கூடம், வாசல்நிலை போன்ற இடங்களில் வைப்பது சிறப்பானது. படுக்கையறையில் வைக்கக் கூடாது. எந்த இடத்தில் வைத்தாலும், தினமும் பூ சாத்தி வழிபடுவது நல்லது.

பூஜை அறையில் சுவாமி படங்களுடன் மறைந்த பெரியவர்களின் படங்களை வைக்கலாமா?
சுவாமி படங்களுடன் சேர்த்து வைப்பது கூடாது. சற்று தள்ளி தனியாக வைத்து வழிபடலாம். மறைந்த பெரியவர்கள், பிதுர்கள் என்று அழைக்கப்படுவர். தெய்வநிலை வேறு. பிதுர்நிலை வேறு.

Extracts from Dinamalar

I believe we should sit facing north.

I suugest you move your thread to 'Rituals, Ceremonies and Puja' forum. I already have a thread by this name there.

Last edited:
Dear Gopalakannan,

It is usually the practice to sit facing west to do the pooja as the object of the pooja-the moorthy-will be facing east. But in certain circumstances it may not be possible to do this. In such situations you can sit facing the moorthy and do the pooja without bothering about the geographical directions, presuming that the moorthy is sitting on the west facing the east. This is what I learnt from a learned elder.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back