• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Don't You Quit

Status
Not open for further replies.
When things go wrong as they sometimes will
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill.
When funds are low and the debts are high.
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you down a bit.
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns.
As everyone of us sometimes learns.
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.

Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.
And you never can tell how close you are.
It may be near when it seems so far:
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit

Dear Karthik
A very meaningful poem. A very much needed energizer for the day. Success and failure are the two sides of a coin. Without failure how will we know what success is all about?? Whatever comes in our life, we have to keep on telling ourselves; this too will pass... then we will accustom to success as well as failure, sorrow as well as happiness. We can maintain our equilibrium. Thank you Karthik. Anandi

Sri.Srinikarthik sir, Greetings.

Sometimes it would be a very good idea to quit.

We can't complete or hold on to everything we start. There are times, we have to decide between quitting or perishing. It would be good to quit at such times.

Recently, I quit from something I undertook. I had no regret in quitting. Just calmly walked out with a score of 0 out of 100. (that result is an academic record; going to sit like a monkey on my shoulder).

It takes a lot of will power to accomplish something; it also takes a lot of will power to quit too.

One has to undertake many different projects in life to understand the value of quitting.

I tried multi various things in life. Qutting is an essential option for me. If I didn't have the option of quitting, long back I would have psychologically broken down.

When we realise we have bitten more than we can chew, it is better to quit than to choke!

Cheers!

Dear Raghy ji,

I agree with your points. But I found this poem too beautiful to be kept with my self. The other reason for sharing was because i know that Dr. Anandi keeps a record of all such things.

Just wanted to add a drop to the ocean of knowledge she has.

Cheers,
Karthik

[FONT=&quot]Dear Karthik and with due respects to Raghy ji
Thank you so much for your concern. As you know definitely I will use it whenever I get a chance in my school. From next month we have this English Day Celebration for students.. I can give this poem for recitation. Always they go for the poems from the text books, because it is easy for them to learn. I can give them something new and meaningful. My humble opinion is that from each and every topic all of you share, all will get something new to take home. Thank you with due respects to Raghy ji...
Anandi[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back