• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Does Hinduism need reforms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful! mrifan!

Now that the truth is exposed behind the saint Mr. Ramadoss, I have one question. If I were to tell some guy, go jump off a cliff, would a person not be extremely foolish to do so? Similarly, since Brahmins have not been in power for more than 50 years, why don't the Vanniars and Dalits demonstrate their superior morals and culture by ensuring that all Vanniar girls marry Dalit men and vice versa? Who is going to stop them? Brahmins? No. Govt? No, Karu will probably welcome it. So unlike Brahmins, who we all accept are corrupt and casteist and will not intermarry, why don't all the other enlightened "oppressed" castes, who by the way have entrenched political and police power, show the way to a caste free society?

Is it maybe because the Brahmins were just the excuse, and that groupism is inbuilt into human thinking? Hypocrites and apologists abound everywhere, dodging personal responsibility. They do what they want anyway, and blame someone else for their own failings. And regarding the demand for a separate state for Tambrams, hey I am just following in the footsteps of the saint Ramadoss! He is the Guru, and I am the Shishya.
I learn from our leaders in society :yuck:

Dear mrifan:
I love your arguments and statement of facts. If I ever stood for election, I would like to take you as my spokesman!! (That was a back-handed compliment to you; I cannot stand for election in India anyway!!)

dear members,
all these people talking rational things and against superstitions-mooda kadavul nambikkai- should introspect and find out in which group female foeticide is carried out, why they want fair girls as brides thereafter?
pl reply folks.
regards
eswaran

dear members,
all these people talking rational things and against superstitions-mooda kadavul nambikkai- should introspect and find out in which group female foeticide is carried out, why they want fair girls as brides thereafter?
pl reply folks.
regards
eswaran

Dear Shri Eshwaran,

Female foeticide is carried out by educated barbarians,who hate girl children.That practice is banned legally.

Fair girls as brides? I agree that I have seen many ads in Hindu asking for "fair, wheatish" brides and bridegrooms.Actually this goes with the typical tamilan's mindset that fair is good and black is bad.Many tamils spend lots of time and money in buying talcum powder and creams like fair and lovely:love: Makes no sense to me though.

Dear Goundamani/Navy-Easwaran:

Speaking of being fair, is it my imagination or does Mr. Karunanidhi really look somewhat fair (relatively speaking!)? And, what about his grandson, Mr. Maran? How can I miss them? Every newspaper I open, every tv channel I see, those two are always there, opening this, cutting ribbon that, or be seen with Swamis and giving rational explanation for that, .... list goes on!!!
Boy! Tamil politics!! ain't it grand! Nobody gives a damn!

Silverfox,

yes.MK is somewhat relatively fair.His grandson dayanithi maran looks like a caucasian white at times:rockon: Maybe he applies more talcum powder or its because of camera falshlights, god knows what:)

Not a true Dravidian!

Silverfox,

yes.MK is somewhat relatively fair.His grandson dayanithi maran looks like a caucasian white at times:rockon: Maybe he applies more talcum powder or its because of camera falshlights, god knows what:)

Dear Goundamani:

Doesn't this mean that he is NOT a true Dravidian? He is a mixture of Aryan and Dravidian? (without going to the merits of this Aryan theory!!)

dear sirs,
even the filmies in koliwood wants fair dames as heroine and import them from north and rest of us kill the girl child before or after birth.
regards
eswaran

Dear Goundamani:

Doesn't this mean that he is NOT a true Dravidian? He is a mixture of Aryan and Dravidian? (without going to the merits of this Aryan theory!!)

Dear Silver fox,

Mk's family has lots of lntercaste marriages.Murasoli maran might have done intercaste marriage too(not sure).

goundamani sir,
you have made a sweeping assertion,that 15% of our population eats dead cows,cleans toilets and washes mensus clothes of upper caste women.

Though this was( is) done(still done) by some groups,it was(is) not even remotely close to 15%.something near 1% might be the correct figure.night soil cleaning was a practice unknown before the muslim and british period.

In Tamilnadu,pallans had serious debilities,some social but more due to the fact they were agricultural landless labourers.

I oppose discrimination on grounds of birth,but economic differentiation seems to the main reason for emergence of pallar castes.

goundamani sir,
i want to share a goundamani joke.

"aka nanuru,pura nanuru nu pesaranga, eranuru,munnuru vangaranga

goundamani sir,
you have made a sweeping assertion,that 15% of our population eats dead cows,cleans toilets and washes mensus clothes of upper caste women.

Though this was( is) done(still done) by some groups,it was(is) not even remotely close to 15%.something near 1% might be the correct figure.night soil cleaning was a practice unknown before the muslim and british period.

In Tamilnadu,pallans had serious debilities,some social but more due to the fact they were agricultural landless labourers.

I oppose discrimination on grounds of birth,but economic differentiation seems to the main reason for emergence of pallar castes.

Dear Pappan,

Some dalits cleaned toilets, some were washermen, some were barbers, some climbed palm trees to make toddy, some were butchers, some had robbery as their job, some cleaned streets .I dont know what percent of dalits did some what decent jobs, but even those jobs had very bad working conditions and they lived like prisoners in their huts.

Toilet cleaning came to India only after muslims came here,but the people who cleaned toilets were already downtrodden.I dont know what their earlier job was, but I dont think that it would have been a decent profession.

Discrimination by birth and varnashrama have thrown dalits to the current situation.Rest of us should help them by education and destruction of castes.

Isai Vellalar

The Isai Vellalar community is small, fewer in numbers compared to Brahmanas, probably of Telugu origin. If the Marans/MK trace their lineage back a couple of hunded years, they might find they are not from the current geographical TN region. People may not know this, but M.S. Subbulakshmi was the daughter of Madurai Shanmugavadivu (hence MS), an Isai Vellalar veenai musician, and Srinivasan, a Brahmin. She was of course quite fair. Her husband, Sadasivam, also a Brahmin (Kalki Sadasivam), married her after seeing her in a concert and getting infatuated.

I guess its not only caste

I guess there shud b an economic angle also behind this. Ppl doing this kind of jobs might not hav earned more and hence their heirs will be forced to do this.....And I guess this is very much past...Today no one is forcing anyone to do a particular job. Its upto their ability.We have to bear in mind that there is discrimination everywhere depending on the job(may be sometimes within the family :) ).Its because of people dont understand to respect the sentiments of others. I guess its hard to believe only varnashrama is responsible for thousand of castes in India!!!How it wud hav done it....Or name it.....Maintain it .....If one goes to another place y cannot lie...What i want to say is most people believed in caste system.So it existed.Today also many people believe in caste system.So it exists(Otherwise so many ppl can lie and become another caste.So many wud hav done intercaste marriages).But I truly believe the discrimination now is lower on Dalits by other castes. And we can eliminate the discrimination easily rather than caste.

Dear Pappan,

Some dalits cleaned toilets, some were washermen, some were barbers, some climbed palm trees to make toddy, some were butchers, some had robbery as their job, some cleaned streets .I dont know what percent of dalits did some what decent jobs, but even those jobs had very bad working conditions and they lived like prisoners in their huts.

Toilet cleaning came to India only after muslims came here,but the people who cleaned toilets were already downtrodden.I dont know what their earlier job was, but I dont think that it would have been a decent profession.

Discrimination by birth and varnashrama have thrown dalits to the current situation.Rest of us should help them by education and destruction of castes.

is it only based on genetics??

I guess fairness or complexion not only based on genetics.....We have so many gud looking people from all castes. I think some percentage of naturality and environmental factors are also involved in it.

Dear Silver fox,

Mk's family has lots of lntercaste marriages.Murasoli maran might have done intercaste marriage too(not sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back