• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Does anyone think about the importance of happiness, equanimity, self-confidence and sensitivity to nature anymore?

As I do not subscribe to The Hindu paper, I could not read the article.

15 habits of incredibly happy people
Examining how to be happy is benefited from observing the patterns of others, and then taking only what you find useful. Inspiration is the goal, not rigid rules on being happy.

1. Think of Yourself Less
2. Be Busy, but Not Rushed
3. Have 5 Close Relationships
4. Be Proactive About Your Relationships
5. Move Beyond the Small Talk
6. Treat Yourself (the Small Pleasures Matter)

7. Plan Fun, and Spend Money on Experiences
8. Keep Your Eye on the Prize
9. Show Some Appreciation
10. Observe Happiness in Others
11. Change Your Perspective
12. Pick a Skill; Master It
13. Aim High
14. Exercise
15. Don’t Let Time Slip Away

Last edited:
Dear Prasad ji,
I never expected you to read the hard copy. The soft copy link is given.
I know it is not editorial of the Hindu, it is against us. It is in open page and is written by a lady and given her view.
MS

Dear Prasad ji,
I never expected you to read the hard copy. The soft copy link is given.
I know it is not editorial of the Hindu, it is against us. It is in open page and is written by a lady and given her view.
MS
The Hindu Epaper can only be read by people who subscribe. I can not read the article even if I follow your link. I used to read all Indian papers and other posts, I may or may not agree with an article or editorial. But with the advertisements and the papers wanting to sell their articles, I have limited options.
Sometimes it is better to cut and paste the article.
Anyway, I guess it does not matter.

Last edited:
Regret. It seems to be a fact of life: the one who got away, the job you didn’t take, the fight you wish you hadn’t had, the choice of the wrong school, the investment you didn’t make, the money you didn’t save, the move you wish you’d made, and on and on and on. That’s the predictability of life; there will definitely be something along the way you will wish you’d done differently. Regrets can be big – choosing the wrong career – or small – picking a dress you really don’t feel good in for the senior prom. They can occur daily, or you can have overarching ones that just seem to color everything you do.

There are a number of cognitive reasons why regret is a factor for most of us. To read more on the literature behind this, visit the National Institutes of Health website on the subject.

Latest ads

Back