• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Does a woman's career end after marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

[h=1]Does a woman's career end after marriage?[/h]
"Your spouse can make or break you.

"It's not just about sharing equal responsibilities, but also about the amount of positivity a good partner brings in when you try to emulate each other's best behaviours, says Ojasvi Soni.

I have been following Sheryl Sandberg for a few years now.

While all her comments on women in business are powerful, my favourite has been "I truly believe that the single most important career decision that a woman makes is whether she will have a life partner and who that partner is."

Irrespective of your gender, once you are married, the personality of your partner starts having an influence on your own behaviour, some of which you exhibit at your workplace and in achieving your life goals.

Your spouse can make or break you. And believe me, it's not just about sharing equal responsibilities, but also about the amount of positivity a good partner brings in when you try to emulate each other's best behaviours.

Last year, I married the love of my life, and since then my life has turned upside down. But all for good.

Read more at: http://www.rediff.com/getahead/report/career-does-a-womans-career-end-after-marriage/20160620.htm

hi

life is very challenge....it changes a lot.....money is for comforts.....money can't give happiness....if a woman can make

nice career with nice family tooo....too much career oriented woman can't be successful wife...may be some exceptions...

but teaching job for woman are better than any other job...now a days ...women are ready to fly fighter pilots.nothing

wrong....even marriage...any society....male are having upper hand....in live in together structure...women are upper hand...

so if women want more career oriented live in together is better than marriage...its my 2 cents..

Many ladies shine in their carrier as well as in their role as house-wives with pleasing manners and appreciable qualities.

Unfortunately it is true. Marriage brings in all sorts of hardships to career oriented women folks. Today's work culture demand hell of a lot of compromises to grow up in career and it puts a married women in quite a difficult proposition. Recently in a TV debate a participant (who was a doctor who runs a fertility clinic) pointed out a serious phenomena among Indian working women. "Many of them wants to become single parent and approaches various fertility clinics and gets impregnated through artificial insemination. They are taking such extreme steps simply to promote their career and also to avoid the restrictions post marriage. In case that report is true, we are in for serious trouble.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it is true. Marriage brings in all sorts of hardships to carrier oriented women folks. Today's work culture demand hell of a lot of compromises to grow up in carrier and it puts a married women in quite a difficult proposition. Recently in a TV debate a participant (who was a doctor who runs a fertility clinic) pointed out a serious phenomena among Indian working women. "Many of them wants to be come single parent and approaches various fertility clinics and gets impregnated through artificial insemination. They are taking such extreme steps simply to promote their carrier and also to avoid the restrictions post marriage. In case that report is true, we are in for serious trouble.

Yes this is sadly true. The child is denied two parents. The women are sacrificing the child's future for their selfish goal. It is dangerous.

....... The child is denied two parents. The women are sacrificing the child's future for their selfish goal. It is dangerous.
Yes, it is selfishness only. I wonder why these women wish to beget children?

Do they need someone to take care of them when old or do they want just publicity?

Also, will they ever have the patience to bring up the children?

Most of the educated women continue their career (some might relocate) after marriage.

With soaring prices, double income is necessary for comfortable living. We find that most of the well placed girls in the

marriage market select partners in the same city or ONLY those who are willing to relocate! Girls have the upper hand!

I think too much is being made about issues of marriage of career women .

It is simple really .

Find a girl next door who has a job and goes to work in the morning.

If she happens to be single of the same age group , simply propose and get accepted.

If she can accomodate you in her house , it is best.

You inherit a family also.

Well , thats how I found a match years back.

Not exactly next door but in same city at other end of town.

I rented a flat near my prospective inlaws .

For good 25 years, I ensured , the distance between my flat and inlaws flat was not more than 200 yards.We always moved in tandem to ensure that.

I have supported a career woman far more brilliant than me.

All other things like caste,subcaste are meaningless.

One can value education of girl instead.

One can ensure that two meals per day is assured by the person you are marrying-either cooking herself or getting it done by someone else with her supervision.

More important is of course if both can get some personal space for themselves in any arrangement.

mostly marriages fail due to ego clashes and money issues.

If people would bond well , these issues can be put aside for a decent life.

Frankly speaking there is no such thing as career.

Its just a job and nothing else.

Udhyogam!

The word career is just added to make a job sound glamorous and appealing.

If we just look at a job as a job and nothing more and just let it be a part of our day to day life..no problem would arise.

The problem is these days people get carried away by a so called carrier.

I really do not understand how orgasmic can a career be?

Just do our job..get paid.. go home..get laid and enjoy being human.

Yes this is sadly true. The child is denied two parents. The women are sacrificing the child's future for their selfish goal. It is dangerous.

Agreed..for anyone who is "career"minded..its better they do not adopt kids or have kids cos its not fair to deny kids parents.
I also do not get it..if one is single and career minded..why not go in for friends with benefits scenario and be care free instead of getting committed by having a child when there is no spouse.

Crazy!

Udhyogam!

If we just look at a job as a job and nothing more and just let it be a part of our day to day life..no problem would arise.

I like the last line. Very down to earth and pragmatic.Lol

Udhyogam!

hi renu,

you understand human nature...lah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back