• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Do you read lines or the minds behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I am concerned, I read messages and read between the lines of the messages.

As such, I react and express my views based on what is presented here in the posts by a poster and not based on who the poster is.

Needless to say, I do frame up a perception about a poster based on his/her views and opinions on varies topics.

The person who reads the posts = a member.

The person who reads in between the lines = a hair-splitter.

The person who reads the poster's mind = a psychologist.

The one who does all the three is a genius!!!

Our Forum is overflowing with geniuses.

As long as they do not cross one another's path, peace prevails.

If they cross paths then pandemonium prevails.

Like Navagraha - even if they co exist in the same limited space-

they make sure not to see, hear, or speak to other such geniuses.

When you read posts, do you read between lines or read messages (logic behind) or read poster's minds? This question is just out of curiosity, nothing personal!

When you read posts, do you read between lines or read messages (logic behind) or read poster's minds? This question is just out of curiosity, nothing personal!

Dear Govinda,

I feel most of us consciously or subconsciously preform all three.
When we read a post we are firstly reading the lines,then in between lines and then when all these lines form rail tracks in our head we try to read the posters mind.

I feel that's just part of the human psychology.

Everyone sorts of tries to size up one and another to a certain extent.

But the question remains "did we read everything right to start with?"

The mind is one of the toughest book in the world to read cos it doesn't really have pages.

The most important thing for me is the content....What is the message that is being articulated..

The second important thing in case the content makes sense is the learning out of this..

If a person is emotional & sharing a pain through his message I will not go between the lines to understand what is the significance..I shall take the pain at face value

If the person conveys a message which is very logical with a cause & effect relationship I just relish the logic & the message conveyed..Shall not read between the lines

I read between the lines when a person is trying to convey a message indirectly -using a metaphor or euphemistically..I admire his intelligence for that..

Sorry...All these are for the first interaction that I have with the person.

As soon as we understand the person (may be the person's mask as someone pointed in one of the threads) in this we start relating...Our mind has a fixed image of the person...It's quite difficult to erase it...So we read between the lines to check the message that is being conveyed.

The most important thing for me is the content....What is the message that is being articulated..

The second important thing in case the content makes sense is the learning out of this..

If a person is emotional & sharing a pain through his message I will not go between the lines to understand what is the significance..I shall take the pain at face value

If the person conveys a message which is very logical with a cause & effect relationship I just relish the logic & the message conveyed..Shall not read between the lines

I read between the lines when a person is trying to convey a message indirectly -using a metaphor or euphemistically..I admire his intelligence for that..

As soon as we understand the person (may be the person's mask as someone pointed in one of the threads) in this we start relating...Our mind has a fixed image of the person...It's quite difficult to erase it...So we read between the lines to check the message that is being conveyed.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Yes Tmt VR

I agree, but only it the OPs are not unilateral, unanimous, exparte announcements/pronouncements,
worse still, inane 'forwards'.

Yay Yem

Sir! You must be a supreme wizard! :clap2:

By the way the words "Yay yem" remind me of a burping pundit I had seen as

a child and wondered how the loud sound and from where the supply of air

were being produced!
:)

Sir! You must be a supreme wizard! :clap2:

You seem to be very enthusiastic in usage of superlatives in this thread. Let me slightly dampen your enthusiasm with the help of the following anecdote.

In contract bridge (a game played with cards) it is usual for one team to sacrifice and try to come up with better than a par score. But sometimes the sacrifice turns out to be phantom in the sense that the opponents do not have a good hand and the contract would have failed in normal play. The upshot of all these is that when the opponents double a sacrifice contract they lose a bundle of points for the under-tricks.

Once when a team went down and conceded a bundle of points (the scoring is somewhat complicated to be described to a lay person) he asked his partner how many points they have lost in that particular hand. His partner came out with the reply of 2300 in no time. The questioner was impressed with the speed of answer and said that he must be a mathematical whiz kid to come out with such a quick answer. His partner replied with a dead pan face "No... Just practice"...

With pattern reading and pattern testing in our powers, we need never get

angry at anyone for anything at anytime!

You will find a lot many people not even being ruffled into responding to what some others would be considering as a hot thread or provocative message. They are mostly pattern readers being at the thresh-hold level more than once in the past.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back