• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

do i have to do thapanam

• Thread starter Thread starter sunandha
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunandha

dear sir/ mam,
iam sharadha . i do not have father and mother-in-law they got separated around 15 yrs ago. we dont know about there whereabouts sofar.
my husband was being brought by there maternal grand parents only. so we dont know anything about them. in such a situation what i have to do? since it will affect my children and family prosperity . do we have do ammavaasai tharpanam or not. kindly clarify my doubts. please

dear sir/ mam,
iam sharadha . i do not have father and mother-in-law they got separated around 15 yrs ago. we dont know about there whereabouts sofar.
my husband was being brought by there maternal grand parents only. so we dont know anything about them. in such a situation what i have to do? since it will affect my children and family prosperity . do we have do ammavaasai tharpanam or not. kindly clarify my doubts. please

Smt. Sharada,

I take it that your fathr-in-law and mother-in-law had separated 15 years ago and that your husband was brought up by his maternal grandparents only. The crucial point is how the parents of your husband got separarted? Was it due to marital incompatibility, the father absconding and the mother & child being looked after by her parents, or some other cause? This has not been clearly stated.

In any case, I think you/your husband should do one last-ditch attempt to trace your in-laws. If no news comes out of it, please consult a qualified (sufficiently learned in our sastras) vaadhyaar who will give proper instructions.

Dear Ms sharda, What could be the age as of now, your Father-in-law ? It will not be proper to think of shrardam , in case he lives somewhere ? Try to find out from possible sources for some time . You may review after coupl of years , depending on his likely age.
A.Srinivasan

Contribute a day's annadhaana to any recognized ved patashala which would redeem you from any unintended 'omissions'. You have the "shraddha" which itself is enough.

In the book samshabha dharma sasthram Brahma sri Manjakudi venkata rama sastrigal and published by heritage india educational trust sanskrit college road Mylapore chennai 4 in the year 1985 in page no. 303 chapter 11, serial no 16 says If you do not know the where abouts of your parents for fifteen years (For other relatives 12 years) you may do prathi krithi dhahanam and allm other 12 days karma after narayana bali .

If you know the Tamil month and paksham and thithi on which they left the house you can take that thithi,paksham, and month as their sratham day. If you do not know that also you can take any one of the following tamil months Aashadam,Maagam, Maargaseersham or Bhathrapadam as the month and krishna paksham Ekadasi thithi or amavasai thithi. as their sratha thithi.

First you must do the anthim karyams and then only you can do amavasai tharpanam. Kindly contact Veda vidhyalankara vidhya rathnam Nannilam Brahma sri V Rajagopala ganapadigal 488/175 T.T.K. Road alwarpet chennai 18. phone 24361210 and 65181973. www.vaithikasri.com nd www.subhakariam.com.

A similar instance has happened in one of our friends family. They, on somebody's
advice, they sought the advice of Kanchi Mahaperiyaval at that time and based
on his instructions and directions, they proceeded. Like that, it may be possible,
some one responsible in the family may approach the Mutt and the Periyaval for
some views or Sringeri Mutt. Perhaps, they might get some clue or solution to the
above one.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

dear shardha

I would suggest that you conact Mr N V Srinivasan who is an authority on such and similar technical matters
and whose telephone number is 9283739823/9444844923. I am always satisfied with his lucid and authoritative explanations.

with best wishes

pc ramabadran

pc ramabadran

I too have a suggestion. He is a prominent man and has appeared twice in Vijay TV.
I used to approach one Presna Ratna Bhrama Jyothish Mr TK Venkateswara Sharma
who resides in Mylapore. <edited> details removed as per request of Mr.Sri Hari Subramanyam, son of Mr. TK Venkateswara Sharma </edited> Praveen

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Last edited by a moderator:
yes they separated due to marital incompatibility and they left the children to maternal parents. we are not able trace anything about them . i tried my level best. i enquired about even to my relatives no news. i feel guilty about this matter.

thank you. surely i will clarify with him . thank you once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back